by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 01:48:05 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15FE Bremgarten: November 16, 2015
November 16, 2015, 08:41:34 PM +0000 - Bremgarten - UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Endurance
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 2 +0.376
113.507mph
1 1:00:36.752
104.716mph
24 2:20.774
112.718mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Maserati 450S (#45) GTC-65 5 +5.025
109.854mph
2 +1:20.161
102.458mph
24 2:25.641
108.951mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Maserati 450S (#3) GTC-65 7 +9.323
106.680mph
3 +1L
99.280mph
23 2:26.930
107.995mph
Pirelli  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#4) GTC-65 4 +52.695
97.877mph
23 2:34.958
102.400mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 3 +2.639
111.699mph
5 +8L 16 2:21.866
111.850mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Ati7
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Maserati 450S (#7) GTC-65 1 2:19.419
113.814mph
6 +13L 11 2:19.785
113.516mph
engine
Pirelli  
misnoimis

Jaguar D-Type (#16) GTC-65 8 +19.784
99.670mph
7 +14L 10 2:36.761
101.223mph
suspension
Dunlop  
hayman3131
 RedLine
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 6 +7.643
107.898mph
8 +19L 5 2:32.017
104.382mph
unknown
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 9 +27.076
95.305mph
9 +21L 3 2:59.025
88.634mph
engine
Pirelli  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#15) GTC-65 4 +4.975
109.892mph
10 +22L 2 2:29.048
106.461mph
accident
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Aston Martin DBR2 (#5) GTC-65 +24L 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
2:19.785
113.516mph
Ati7
Race
Maserati 450SNovember 16, 2015, 08:41:34 PM +0000
L15FE
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Endurance - Bremgarten - Nov 16  (Read 9908 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2015, 11:29:16 PM +0000 »

Clive, give this a go and see if it helps any? https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12160.msg218224#msg218224

Also is your hard drive regularly defraged?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 08:45:36 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2015, 12:43:00 AM +0000 »

Well, my lucky streak had to end sometime..

Shame, as it was shaping up to be a great race.  Had some good dicing with Hayman & Geoffers as long as it lasted, but late on lap 3, I entered a left-hand kink too fast and ploughed straight on into a concrete barrier.  Killed the car  :'(

Grats to the podium and all survivors.

Cheers,
Erling
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2015, 11:15:59 AM +0000 »

Nice track and time choice, disappointed with Jag felt sure i had more top speed in praccy, but in race you guys passed me as if i was stationary.

Grats to Geoffers on win

Grats to Podium
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2015, 12:55:27 PM +0000 »

That was hard work. If car damage had been a little more realistic I would never have finished. Tough car that Aston!  Grin

Made a decent start but messed up the little ess-bend after the jump & dropped to 6th. Regained a few places when Clive, Hayman & Ati went off then eased past Erling into 2nd thanks to the Aston's superior speed. Took the lead briefly when Matt went off only to have the first of many crashes at that damned jump. Battled with Matt & Ati for the rest of the first half of the race until Ati crashed out.

Pitted after 12 laps & got ahead of Matt in the pits only to crash again at the jump on the first lap out. Unfortunately I was still stranded in the middle of the road when Matt came along & crashed into me. Very sorry about that Matt, in hindsight I should have hit ESC instead of ruining your race. Anyhow I carried on & took the lead again when Matt pitted for a second time at the end of the lap.

Now had a big gap to 2nd place so eased the pace a little trying not to make any more mistakes. Didn't work though as I must of crashed at that confounded jump another 3 or 4 times before deciding the best way to take it was to slow down enough so that the car didn't take off. Was amazed that the Aston still drove perfectly after all the abuse, it was only the last crash that caused the lights to go!  Shocked

Well done to all who finished clap, & thanks to Tony for organising  clap. The time of day setting was just right, great lighting effects & still light enough not to need lights near the end.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2015, 12:58:56 PM +0000 »

Clive, give this a go and see if it helps any? https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12160.msg218224#msg218224

Thanks Tony, I will try that this evening.  thumbup1
I already use "Enditall" to shut down any other processes that are not important and I also turn off my AV until the race is over. I have a maintenance programme running on my PC that cleans registry/does defrags/ clears out temp files etc whenever the PC is idle, so I presume that things are OK there.

Is Bremgarten a particularly graphics heavy circuit? did anyone else have issues? It was definitely much worse when I got into the forest section. So bad, that the whole game slowed down and steering inputs and gearchanges were momentarily delayed. It might have been only a tenth or two delayed but it seemed like an age!!  Couple that with a frame rate that felt something like 20fps and it was a joke.

I had no issues offline and everything ran smoothly,  I have a 100mb interweb connection so I would hope that there was no prob in that dept, although a bad connection to the server would screw that I'm sure.

I do have a pile of bits including a monster motherboard and processor, 500w power supplt, 1gb graphic card, sound card and case at home. Might be time to assemble a new machine, just need a decent hard drive I think and install my current HD as a second slave. I also have a Win7 CD ready to load.

Might take me 6 months to get it working  Roll Eyes, but I don't think I can put it off much longer.  Undecided

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2015, 01:03:17 PM +0000 »

Tricky track that one. I must admit that the jump held no fear for me. In fact i enjoyed hammering it over it to try and meet the next pair of bends on landing. The trick was to take the jump as far to the left as possible.  Wink However I still managed to come to grief at various other places around the track especially that right hander in the woods (the one with the escape road on the other side of it) and the straw bales at that last right hander when the road turns to cobblestones. I also managed to get stuck on the RHS kerb after spinning and had to roll back and forth to escape. Lost loads of time there  Roll Eyes

Next on is the final so I'll leave the daylight on. Don't forget to vote!

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:04 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tony, I will try that this evening.  thumbup1
I already use "Enditall" to shut down any other processes that are not important and I also turn off my AV until the race is over. I have a maintenance programme running on my PC that cleans registry/does defrags/ clears out temp files etc whenever the PC is idle, so I presume that things are OK there.

Is Bremgarten a particularly graphics heavy circuit? did anyone else have issues? It was definitely much worse when I got into the forest section. So bad, that the whole game slowed down and steering inputs and gearchanges were momentarily delayed. It might have been only a tenth or two delayed but it seemed like an age!!  Couple that with a frame rate that felt something like 20fps and it was a joke.

I had no issues offline and everything ran smoothly,  I have a 100mb interweb connection so I would hope that there was no prob in that dept, although a bad connection to the server would screw that I'm sure.

I do have a pile of bits including a monster motherboard and processor, 500w power supplt, 1gb graphic card, sound card and case at home. Might be time to assemble a new machine, just need a decent hard drive I think and install my current HD as a second slave. I also have a Win7 CD ready to load.

Might take me 6 months to get it working  Roll Eyes, but I don't think I can put it off much longer.  Undecided

If you run a regular maintenance program then I doubt it's a PC problem. All tracks are fine on my PC but it is a very powerful rig. If a track don't work on mine we won't use it here.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2015, 01:38:18 PM +0000 »

With headlights on (on my own car or Geoffer's behind me), I had some stutters in the first part of the forest section.  Hardware isn't exactly state of the art, but should still be more than enough to run this old game. (Core i7 930 @ 3.25GHz, 3x2Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 280x 3Gb)  I do run in fairly high resolution; 2560x1440, but am still puzzled at the slow downs I see occationally, especially smoke can sometimes bring the frame rate almost to a standstill.

Cheers,
Erling
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2015, 07:11:24 PM +0000 »

I have an all singing all dancing anti virus/malware/maintenance/etc which checks efficiency and shows what needs repair and makes corrections when selected.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 07:23:32 PM +0000 »

Well that one sure lived up to it's title as a endurance race.  I've raced some 2.4hr races at LeMans that NoGrip used to run in the past, but was flat out beat after this one.  Took the Masey for it's speed and acceleration on this track, but it was a handful and had to be up on the wheel all the time, no rest for a Masey driver any where on this track.  First couple of laps I played Dodg'Em  with a lot of cars and fell back to almost last place.  Hit the hay bales on L1 or 2 going onto the cobblestones, braked too late on cold tires. No lights, thanks for moving the clock up an hour Tony!!  After that just passed a few cars here and there and gained positions because of drop outs and tried to survive till the end.  Took tires on the pitstop, no way I was going to drive that nasty monster on bad ones..Looking back today it was a fun race, sorry so many wrecked out of the field.  Good fun and thanks for the race.

Bob M.
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2015, 09:14:23 PM +0000 »

At least I would like to post the result of yesterday's race:

Results

Cool

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2015, 10:02:15 PM +0000 »

With headlights on (on my own car or Geoffer's behind me), I had some stutters in the first part of the forest section.  Hardware isn't exactly state of the art, but should still be more than enough to run this old game. (Core i7 930 @ 3.25GHz, 3x2Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 280x 3Gb)  I do run in fairly high resolution; 2560x1440, but am still puzzled at the slow downs I see occationally, especially smoke can sometimes bring the frame rate almost to a standstill.

Cheers,
Erling

Hmm "not exactly state of the art" says Erling.  eek

Well, if yours is any form of art, mine is barely a cave painting!!!  With dual core 2.8Ghz, 2gb Ram and a 1gb graphics card running on XP . The basic box and motherboard is about 9yrs old and I have added that huge graphics card and a sound card.    I know, I know,   Roll Eyes technical computer skills like mine are just unbelievable eh??...............are you listening Santa??!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2015, 12:08:09 AM +0000 »

At least I would like to post the result of yesterday's race:

Results

Cool

Much appreciated Kurt, thank you  thumbup1

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2015, 10:44:47 AM +0000 »

With headlights on (on my own car or Geoffer's behind me), I had some stutters in the first part of the forest section.  Hardware isn't exactly state of the art, but should still be more than enough to run this old game. (Core i7 930 @ 3.25GHz, 3x2Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R9 280x 3Gb)  I do run in fairly high resolution; 2560x1440, but am still puzzled at the slow downs I see occasionally, especially smoke can sometimes bring the frame rate almost to a standstill.

Cheers,
Erling

Hmm "not exactly state of the art" says Erling.  eek

Well, if yours is any form of art, mine is barely a cave painting!!!  With dual core 2.8Ghz, 2gb Ram and a 1gb graphics card running on XP . The basic box and motherboard is about 9yrs old and I have added that huge graphics card and a sound card.    I know, I know,   Roll Eyes technical computer skills like mine are just unbelievable eh??...............are you listening Santa??!!

I built my current rig in 2010, and updated the videocard about a year ago, when the original one started failing.  Before that, I ran GTL on older hardware than yours - a Pentium 4 clocked at 3.2GHz IIRC, 2Gb RAM and a Radeon X850XT (256Mb).  Used to run GTL just fine, albeit in much lower resolution of 1280x1024. Dunno how it would have handled Bremgarden with headlights on though..  Smiley   What resolution are you running Clive ?

Btw, if you need assistance with putting your hardware together, I'm sure we have plenty of computer savvy in our ranks who'd be happy to help - at least if it can be done via forum or mail  Smiley

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2015, 12:36:56 PM +0000 »

How do you manage to run GTL at that resolution Erling? IIRC my highest option in the GTL config is 1920x1080. Is the maximum determined by the GPU or the monitor, or both?

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com