by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 24, 2024, 01:53:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15FS Goodwood: January 05, 2015
January 05, 2015, 08:41:33 PM +0000 - Goodwood (Circuit) - UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Sprints
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#16) GTC-65 1 1:22.921
103.225mph
1 42:19.571
101.113mph
30 1:23.192
102.888mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 2 +0.434
102.687mph
2 +10.649
100.691mph
30 1:23.564
102.430mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 4 +1.150
101.813mph
3 +36.265
99.690mph
30 1:24.184
101.676mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 5 +5.567
96.730mph
4 +1L
95.812mph
29 1:26.540
98.908mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#14) GTC-65 3 +0.689
102.374mph
5 +2L
94.187mph
28 1:24.259
101.585mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Aston Martin DBR1 (#44) GTC-65 7 +8.775
93.346mph
6 +5.084
93.999mph
28 1:26.579
98.863mph
Dunlop  
Huggy

Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 6 +6.137
96.111mph
7 +36.894
92.841mph
28 1:29.526
95.609mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 8 +9.956
92.159mph
8 +4L
85.477mph
26 1:30.873
94.192mph
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Sprints - Goodwood - Jan 5  (Read 12799 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2015, 07:56:22 PM +0000 »

I was slower in the standard Merc, which we are not using, but in the LM55 one I was nearly 2 secs faster than anything else
are you using the LM55 variant?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2015, 08:55:39 PM +0000 »

I was slower in the standard Merc, which we are not using, but in the LM55 one I was nearly 2 secs faster than anything else
are you using the LM55 variant?

I am indeed, so there must be something lacking in my driving or setup abilities.

Cheers,
Erling
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2015, 08:10:36 PM +0000 »

I'm faster in the DBR1 (best: 1:24.7) than in the 300SL LM (1:25.2)  Huh , but I stick
with the Aston although it is a bit tricky to handle  Shocked .

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 05, 2015, 12:17:36 AM +0000 »

Kurt, your Merc time is identical to my best   stupid  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 05, 2015, 06:46:02 PM +0000 »

I would like to take part in some races in this series if possible. I haven’t sim raced lately so will be a bit slow. I tried the Healey 100, not easy to drive!

I will download and try the DBR1 and D-type. Had them a couple of years ago. I remember they make a great sound. Maybe I could look in for pre-race practice if that’s OK. I won’t be able to make the race this week though.  Grin
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2015, 09:47:31 PM +0000 »

Nice one - found an old setup from the first LM55 race ever held at UKGTL in 2012 (Aintree)
which fitted well with Goodwood.
But - as usual - too much mistakes.
During first lap I dropped to last place after I successfully avoided Matt at St. Mary's  Roll Eyes.
Later I needed three attempts to catch Tony - I could see him twice when I made a mistake.
And after I got him I crashed again at St. Mary's in lap 28 and destroyed left front suspension  sleep1 censored
so Tony could catch me again and I was lucky to see the finish still in fifth place just in front of Roger.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 05, 2015, 09:55:15 PM +0000 »

I would like to take part in some races in this series if possible. I haven’t sim raced lately so will be a bit slow. I tried the Healey 100, not easy to drive!

I will download and try the DBR1 and D-type. Had them a couple of years ago. I remember they make a great sound. Maybe I could look in for pre-race practice if that’s OK. I won’t be able to make the race this week though.  Grin

Hi misnoimis. Look forward to seeing you on track. Your welcome to join any of our events.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 05, 2015, 10:49:53 PM +0000 »

Replay and Results now posted.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 06, 2015, 09:45:20 AM +0000 »

Still grinning about the start of this series.  Grin

Just love the cars from this era and the way they have to be manhandled around. Goodwood was just about the perfect track to kick all of this off and, for me at least, it did not disappoint.

I did actually manage a few laps with all of the cars at different times over the Christmas break and liked all of them, except the D type which appeared to be losing 2 seconds somewhere and felt like I had left the handbrake on??  Undecided I will need to play with that car again before I use it in anger I think.

I could have taken the Merc which was far and away the fastest in my hands around here, but with so many good tracks to come I decided to forego the easy option.
I had almost decided on the DB1 ( because it just sounds sooo good!  drool) when I suddenly hooked up the Healey which I had decided was the weak link in this car set.

Qually went well and 2nd place behind Erlings quick DB1 was a bonus. A great start pulled me a small gap and I was driving the wheel nuts off that poor Healey trying to break away on cold tyres. But, like I said in chat after the race Erling had just one small advantage over me.....he was faster. He was taking at least a tenth of a second out of me on all the fast sections and no matter how I attacked the corners I could not make up the difference.
The gap closed and although I held him off for a few laps it was inevitable that his superior top speed would get him past.. and it did. Then lap by lap, he eased away, and I only closed up when he made a small mistake or encountered traffic. My only hope of getting on terms was if he had an "off" but he refused to oblige!!

I think this is the first time in GTL where I have actually knocked about 20% off the engine health in a race. I was seriously abusing the rev limiter on occasions in my attempt to stay with Erling.

Good to see Bill back on the server and apologies for the confusion in chat after the race. I realised after I had quit that perhaps bill thought I was complaining about "brakes", whereas I had clumsily tried to put a smiley face on the end of one of my comments  thus.   Shocked)  to indicate that it was good that he had completed the race without any problems on his PC.
I did have to make a couple of demon overtakes on Bill during my chase of Erling ( blame Erling for going too quickly!) and I might have compromised Bill's line on a couple of occasions.

Great fun guys, Grats to Erling on the win and to all finishers.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:49:21 PM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2015, 10:42:41 AM +0000 »

I had considered either the Aston or the Merc for this race but after reading the pre-race posts I thought a more stategic

approach was required so chose the Jag which I new wouldn't win me the race but I could possibly garner good points whilst

not using up one of the best cars. However I found the Jag a real pig to setup for turning and braking. Eventually I had a

setup which felt ok but not great. Race started ok and I was in 5th (I think) by the time I approached the lead pack entering

St Mary's. Someone (Kurt possibly) was laying down loads of smoke so I braked hard on coldish tyres and went of track to

the left and collided quite hard with the barrier. Thankfully no suspension or steering damage but I lost loads of time on the

cars in front of me. Set of again and after a few passes I was back in fourth but unable to make any inroads into Matts lead.

Satisfied that I was far enough ahead of Kurt I settled down to maintain my fourth place which would suit my strategy

plans just fine (smug face). However Kurt was quick, very quick. And I was concerned that my lead on him was being

depleted lap after lap by quite large chunks. But just as he came within 5-7 secs he must of had incidents as his time would

slip back to 10-12 secs behind. This happened at least three time I think and each time I breathed a sigh of relief. By lap 25

my rear tyres were shot and this was affecting my speed allowing Kurt an even better opportunity to close on me. He was

soon on me and I was powerless to prevent him passing and disappearing up the road. I then span a couple of times as my

tyres were now no better than decoration on the wheels. On the last lap I spotted a dust cloud at Lavant and as I came closer

I saw Kurt recovering from an off. He must of been badly damaged as I was able to pass without any trouble. Was able to

make it to the finish and bag the 4th place. Kurt must have been cursing his bad luck.

Great speed in the Healey Clive and good to have Huggy with us again. Sorry for Postal losing sound and not able to make

the race. Next ones at Pau which is a new track to me so will have to evaluate which is the best strategic choice there.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 11:53:39 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2015, 11:28:55 AM +0000 »

A great start to this promising series indeed  Smiley

Improved my pb in qual by 1/1000 of a sec, so it seems I've hit my terminal velocity in this car on this track  Grin

Surprised, but delighted of course to be on pole, but very wary of Clive in 2nd, not far off my pace, and in a Healey no less.  Would be just typical of him to upstage us all, by winning the race in the presumably slowest car!  Shocked

As expected, I got jumped by Clive at the start (curious; do you use a clutch pedal ?).  No worries though, as there were plenty of laps to find a way back past him.  However, he was proving bloody quick through the corners, so I had to work hard, if I was to prevent him getting away.  Thought I had him at St. Marys on L2, when he went wide into the right hander, but he recovered quicker than I could exploit it.  After the way I battered him on the same track in our Christmas Special, I was determined to not as much as scratch his paint this time, so I bit my time and waited for the right opportunity. Had a look down his sides a few times, but were not in a sufficiently good position to attempt a pass - in a way, it wasn't too bad a situation; I could put him under pressure, while relaxing (relatively speaking!  Wink).  I knew that as soon as I got past, the pressure would be on me instead.  Had my first serious attempt down Lavant on L4, but put 2 wheels on the grass and lost momentum. Tried next lap in the same place, this time succeeding.  Sure enough, pressure was now on me, and I couldn't afford any mistakes - no major ones at least.

Very slowly worked up a gap of about 5 secs, and could ease off a little - just enough to be reasonably sure of not making big mistakes.  Small ones or too much cruising would shrink the gap right away, so Clive was obviously still going hard back there!  When he slipped from view, the race should have turned lonely, but I had the pit board reminding me of his not too distant presence every lap, and a steady stream of traffic also kept me company - thanks for helping me past guys!

Bill, sorry about the rather rude bump.  In the replay, it seems obvious that you kept the door open for me, but I hesitated in the situation, and when I decided not to go for the inside, it was too late to brake.

Towards the end, I almost lost it though. On the penultimate lap, I entered the chicane 'too hot' and knew I wouldn't make it. Know from bitter experience that hitting the wall on the right, can take out your engine, but thankfully managed to brake in time.  Lost some 6-7 secs, but still enough gap to hold on to first.

Grats to Clive, Matt and all finishers - not least Bill; glad to see you complete a race this time.

Much impressed with Clive's pace in the Healey.  It's obvious he'll be an even bigger pain than last season  Grin - unless he makes some mistakes in upcoming races, I predict he'll walk away with it all this year (Tony, we need more pit stops..  Grin)

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 12:57:54 AM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: January 06, 2015, 12:24:24 PM +0000 »

Nice fun race, though it became lonely after a couple of laps. I took an easy to drive setup, knew I could do low 25's race pace
without much effort, so hoped that would be enough. I was fastest iin the Merc, but couldn't get close to the pace people
were getting in the Aston, and Clives times in the Healey were amazing. I was only a few tenths slower in the Jag than the Aston
but the Jag had a more wayward back end, so stuck with the easy drive Merc. Only event of the race for me was lapping
people, I confused Bill once and ended up in a fence  Shocked was trying to stay right out of T1 but the car was understeering
so dived left with too short notice, sorry for that Bill.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2015, 12:55:53 PM +0000 »

"(Tony, we need more pit stops..  Grin)"

Noooooooooooooo no pits stops pleeeeze!

I have already booked on a correspondence course for a degree in "Replenishment Operations During Competitive Activities in a Virtual Environment" in an attempt to get these ruddy thing right in my head!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Huggy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2015, 01:06:43 PM +0000 »

Well I managed to use the potentially fastest car to no real effect  Cheesy, but at least I finished and only went off once. Kept Bill company for a while although I managed to get a lap ahead as there were a lot of solo laps otherwise! Seemed a very long race to me, not helped by not properly sussing out how to get a "heads up" display that shows the information about laps remaining and the car damage etc while maintaining a cockpit view; after the race I spent a while trying to sort that, but the best I can come up with is going in and out of heads up with a car nose view. Anyone know if this can be rectified? I don't like driving with other than cockpit really, but your knowledge of what's going on in the race is strictly limited (as I suppose it would be in the period with nothing other than pit boards to go by).  Anyhoo, will have a bash at next week's TransAm race and come back for a poke about at Pau in round 2 of this series, all being well.

If you're behind me... you're probably off the pace.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 06, 2015, 01:17:30 PM +0000 »

Well I managed to use the potentially fastest car to no real effect  Cheesy, but at least I finished and only went off once. Kept Bill company for a while although I managed to get a lap ahead as there were a lot of solo laps otherwise! Seemed a very long race to me, not helped by not properly sussing out how to get a "heads up" display that shows the information about laps remaining and the car damage etc while maintaining a cockpit view; after the race I spent a while trying to sort that, but the best I can come up with is going in and out of heads up with a car nose view. Anyone know if this can be rectified? I don't like driving with other than cockpit really, but your knowledge of what's going on in the race is strictly limited (as I suppose it would be in the period with nothing other than pit boards to go by).  Anyhoo, will have a bash at next week's TransAm race and come back for a poke about at Pau in round 2 of this series, all being well.
Whilst in cockpit view, the number 2 key should toggle the three viewing options e.g. no dials/info, some dials/info, all dials/info. See if this works for you and let us know how you get on.

I don't believe there is a way to graphicaly show car damage but for fuel use/tyre wear you MUST get XD. http://www.vitumo.de/

You don't fancy the Elans v TVRs then?
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 01:21:33 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com