by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 06:45:12 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15FS Goodwood: January 05, 2015
January 05, 2015, 08:41:33 PM +0000 - Goodwood (Circuit) - UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Sprints
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#16) GTC-65 1 1:22.921
103.225mph
1 42:19.571
101.113mph
30 1:23.192
102.888mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 2 +0.434
102.687mph
2 +10.649
100.691mph
30 1:23.564
102.430mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 4 +1.150
101.813mph
3 +36.265
99.690mph
30 1:24.184
101.676mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 5 +5.567
96.730mph
4 +1L
95.812mph
29 1:26.540
98.908mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Aston Martin DBR1 (#14) GTC-65 3 +0.689
102.374mph
5 +2L
94.187mph
28 1:24.259
101.585mph
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Aston Martin DBR1 (#44) GTC-65 7 +8.775
93.346mph
6 +5.084
93.999mph
28 1:26.579
98.863mph
Dunlop  
Huggy

Mercedes 300SL (#0) GTC-65 6 +6.137
96.111mph
7 +36.894
92.841mph
28 1:29.526
95.609mph
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Austin-Healey 100S (#33) GTC-65 8 +9.956
92.159mph
8 +4L
85.477mph
26 1:30.873
94.192mph
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Sprints - Goodwood - Jan 5  (Read 12791 times)
Huggy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 06, 2015, 01:57:56 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tony;  however, when the HUD toggle key is set to 2, I can get nothing from it at all - in fact, in the stock GTL control settings, only the number 5 on the main keyboard (as opposed to the Num pad) in the numbered series of commands does anything at all, switching on/off and repositioning the gear indicator display. If I allocate HUD to another key, say H, I can get it to work as in my other post. Weird. Have looked in the PLR doc for enlightenment, but no luck so far.
       No, the Elan v TVR doesn't really appeal, and to be honest these race distances are at the limit of my endurance threshold, not helped by working on the computer most of the day some weeks, so a couple a month plus what I'm doing in other leagues is enough for my poor old eyeballs!

If you're behind me... you're probably off the pace.
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 06, 2015, 02:16:56 PM +0000 »

Huggy, are you using the XD plugin / addon for GTL ? (http://www.vitumo.de/)

It should show you the info you're requesting.  I'm at work, but can take a screenshot sometime tonight when I get home, to show you what my setup looks like.

Cheers,
Erling
Huggy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 06, 2015, 05:26:04 PM +0000 »

Thanks guys- that XD plug-in tells me all I need to know, and then some  Grin

If you're behind me... you're probably off the pace.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 06, 2015, 07:33:52 PM +0000 »

Thanks Tony;  however, when the HUD toggle key is set to 2, I can get nothing from it at all - in fact, in the stock GTL control settings, only the number 5 on the main keyboard (as opposed to the Num pad) in the numbered series of commands does anything at all, switching on/off and repositioning the gear indicator display. If I allocate HUD to another key, say H, I can get it to work as in my other post. Weird. Have looked in the PLR doc for enlightenment, but no luck so far.
       No, the Elan v TVR doesn't really appeal, and to be honest these race distances are at the limit of my endurance threshold, not helped by working on the computer most of the day some weeks, so a couple a month plus what I'm doing in other leagues is enough for my poor old eyeballs!

Sorry but I should have said that the "2" key is the one not on the numpad.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2015, 08:32:19 PM +0000 »

Thanks guys- that XD plug-in tells me all I need to know, and then some  Grin

You're welcome - sounds like I don't need to take screenshots :-)

If you haven't found out already, you can adapt things to your preferences via the XD.ini file.  For example, I have hidden the standings table, to unclutter my display, and have enlarged the HUD to 150%, as it otherwise gets too small, with the screen resolution I'm using.

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2015, 08:53:45 AM +0000 »

You can also move the various graphics around the screen and make them semi-transparent.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2015, 08:04:43 PM +0000 »

Thanks folks for kind comments on my attendance and actually finishing.  My concentration and stamina are slowly improving although I was knacker afterwards and zonked out as soon as head hit the pillow. Was lucky PC lock up occurred with just time for me to rejoin for the race and stayed working throughout the race.

Had a few laps in close company with first Roger and then Huggy.  Set new PBs racing with both of them - competition certainly gives reduced lap times.

Clive and Erling when I'm being lapped if I'm not racing someone I try and leave the racing line for the over-taker, it's just sometimes you are all so quick I get caught in a bad place and often compromise my line but try and maintain it to avoid confusion.  Unfortunately in the later part of the race my brakes were down to the orange and starting to snatch causing problems slowing down in a straight line and maintaining my line (in chat I was trying to ask Clive, as the only other 100 S  jockey, if he'd experienced similar problems).

Fitted and setup my new BT Hub 5 as I've had Wi-Fi problems (Cured) and hope it will be more stable and obviated my lockup problems

I'm no good at setups so I'd be gratefully for any for the forthcoming races.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2015, 09:12:44 PM +0000 »

Bill. I sat in your car in the replay for a while and it felt like the car was very loose, and rolled a lot

ftp://phspok.dyndns-web.com/Laguna.zip

is a zip of my quick default setups with a tweak for Laguna if you want to give them a try.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:43:11 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2015, 09:27:23 PM +0000 »

Bill. I sat in your car in the replay for a while and it felt like the car was very loose, and rolled a lot

http://ftp://phspok.dyndns-web.com/Laguna.zip

is a zip of my quick default setups with a tweak for Laguna if you want to give them a try.

Matt, do you have cockpit view of other cars than your own in replays, or could you tell the above without it ? (I only have cockpit view of my own car in replays)

Cheers,
Erling
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 07, 2015, 09:44:52 PM +0000 »

http://ftp://phspok.dyndns-web.com/Laguna.zip

just curious but cannot download your file, Matt. "server not found" Huh

Anyway - thxs for uoloading.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 07, 2015, 10:06:31 PM +0000 »

Thanks folks for kind comments on my attendance and actually finishing.  My concentration and stamina are slowly improving although I was knacker afterwards and zonked out as soon as head hit the pillow. Was lucky PC lock up occurred with just time for me to rejoin for the race and stayed working throughout the race.

Had a few laps in close company with first Roger and then Huggy.  Set new PBs racing with both of them - competition certainly gives reduced lap times.

Clive and Erling when I'm being lapped if I'm not racing someone I try and leave the racing line for the over-taker, it's just sometimes you are all so quick I get caught in a bad place and often compromise my line but try and maintain it to avoid confusion.  Unfortunately in the later part of the race my brakes were down to the orange and starting to snatch causing problems slowing down in a straight line and maintaining my line (in chat I was trying to ask Clive, as the only other 100 S  jockey, if he'd experienced similar problems).

Fitted and setup my new BT Hub 5 as I've had Wi-Fi problems (Cured) and hope it will be more stable and obviated my lockup problems

I had no problems with the lapping Bill, I could see that you were having "issues" and were trying to leave plenty of room. As far as I am concerned if I am fortunate enough to be lapping someone in a race, then catching them in the wrong place at the wrong time, is what makes it more real. Sometimes one is lucky and it all happens on the straights and sometimes you find a car on the apex that you wanted..just the luck of the dice Bill and part of the game.
Well I could quote that alien mantra that "brakes are for wimps", but that might be perceived as ungentlemanly  Roll Eyes.

As for a setup, I can send you my Healey setup for Goodwood.  I cannot comment on how much body roll Bill had but I had to balance the grip vs power out of the corners. It seemed that unless I made the back wheels break free slightly, the rear end wanted to dig in and try to flip the car up on 2 wheels. Anyway what is the best way to send/share a setup in GTL?

For what it is worth I had no issues at all with brake wear or tyres wear, both finished still showing loads of green. But, as I mentioned I did work that engine ruddy hard and knocked a good 20% off its life expectancy trying to chase Erling. Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: January 07, 2015, 10:46:40 PM +0000 »

Sorry, I forgot to put the link as ftp, and it adds http:// automatically. fixed now.
I only have a true cockpit view of one car, but i get bonnet views of all cars, which
is almost the same.
You can upload setups from within the game, but I'm not sure it still works.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 10:48:52 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2015, 06:21:48 AM +0000 »

ftp://phspok.dyndns-web.com/Laguna.zip

Thanks Matt will download your setups later and give them a go.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2015, 06:37:32 AM +0000 »

Thanks folks for kind comments on my attendance and actually finishing.  My concentration and stamina are slowly improving although I was knacker afterwards and zonked out as soon as head hit the pillow. Was lucky PC lock up occurred with just time for me to rejoin for the race and stayed working throughout the race.

Had a few laps in close company with first Roger and then Huggy.  Set new PBs racing with both of them - competition certainly gives reduced lap times.

Clive and Erling when I'm being lapped if I'm not racing someone I try and leave the racing line for the over-taker, it's just sometimes you are all so quick I get caught in a bad place and often compromise my line but try and maintain it to avoid confusion.  Unfortunately in the later part of the race my brakes were down to the orange and starting to snatch causing problems slowing down in a straight line and maintaining my line (in chat I was trying to ask Clive, as the only other 100 S  jockey, if he'd experienced similar problems).

I had no problems with the lapping Bill, I could see that you were having "issues" and were trying to leave plenty of room. As far as I am concerned if I am fortunate enough to be lapping someone in a race, then catching them in the wrong place at the wrong time, is what makes it more real. Sometimes one is lucky and it all happens on the straights and sometimes you find a car on the apex that you wanted..just the luck of the dice Bill and part of the game.
Well I could quote that alien mantra that "brakes are for wimps", but that might be perceived as ungentlemanly  Roll Eyes.

As for a setup, I can send you my Healey setup for Goodwood.  I cannot comment on how much body roll Bill had but I had to balance the grip vs power out of the corners. It seemed that unless I made the back wheels break free slightly, the rear end wanted to dig in and try to flip the car up on 2 wheels. Anyway what is the best way to send/share a setup in GTL?

For what it is worth I had no issues at all with brake wear or tyres wear, both finished still showing loads of green. But, as I mentioned I did work that engine ruddy hard and knocked a good 20% off its life expectancy trying to chase Erling. Grin

Agree where you meet a car to overtake is the luck of the draw, that and grabbing brakes were reasons why I received a few bumps and didn't always make it easy to be overtaken.  Could just be I'm just a carp driver who can't set a race car!  devil rockon

A copy of your setup for the AH 100 S would be appreciated.  Grin
« Last Edit: January 08, 2015, 06:41:06 AM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2015, 08:22:35 AM +0000 »

I will look at GTL this evening and see if I can work out how to upload the setup. If not, I guess I will have to attache the file to an e-mail and send it to you Bill.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com