by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 11:32:55 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15FS AVUS: July 06, 2015
July 06, 2015, 08:41:35 PM +0100 - AVUS (1951-67) - UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Sprints
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Bill Grewcock
 Team RaceConnect
Jaguar D-Type (#8) GTC-65 5 +2.165
140.507mph
1 44:28.892
138.605mph
20 2:11.704
140.437mph
Dunlop  
hayman3131

Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 6 +2.691
139.947mph
2 +1:00.937
135.511mph
20 2:14.130
137.897mph
Dunlop  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Aston Martin DBR1 (#8) GTC-65 10 +6.263
136.265mph
3 +1:31.510
134.011mph
20 2:15.389
136.615mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 9 +5.306
137.232mph
4 +1:46.307
133.296mph
20 2:13.070
138.996mph
Dunlop  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#10) GTC-65 5 +1L
130.047mph
19 2:14.672
137.342mph
Dunlop  
misnoimis

Jaguar D-Type (#10) GTC-65 8 +4.618
137.936mph
6 +46.413
127.851mph
19 2:16.063
135.938mph
Dunlop  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 1 2:09.474
142.856mph
7 +1:27.444
125.971mph
19 2:19.561
132.531mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#7) GTC-65 4 +1.608
141.104mph
8 +1:28.395
125.928mph
19 2:10.938
141.259mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Jaguar D-Type (#10) GTC-65 11 +21.536
122.483mph
9 +1:39.854
125.413mph
19 2:13.828
138.208mph
Dunlop  
chmichel

Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 7 +2.777
139.856mph
10 +8L 12 2:16.248
135.754mph
unknown
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Jaguar D-Type (#9) GTC-65 2 +0.223
142.610mph
11 +19L 1 2:23.968
128.474mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Ati7
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Jaguar D-Type (#7) GTC-65 3 +0.470
142.339mph
12 1 2:43.180
113.348mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Fifties Sprints - AVUS - Jul 6  (Read 13094 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2015, 11:29:08 AM +0100 »

Point well missed. Let me help.

When you approach the end of the 1st straight you will see, on your right hand side a row of bales cutting of a sliproad. This sliproad provides an alternative route to join the return straight. It is a small straight then a slow turn left but you must be wary of cars coming from your left on the traditional route.

The displaced bales will fly all over the place but they do not damage your car if struck.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:30:53 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2015, 12:17:32 PM +0100 »

If the weather stays as hot as at the moment (over 30° C in the computer's room) I'll miss this one
in order to prevent my old machine from damage   Undecided

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2015, 04:43:23 PM +0100 »

If the weather stays as hot as at the moment (over 30° C in the computer's room) I'll miss this one
in order to prevent my old machine from damage   Undecided

That's a real problem, Kurt.

I use a mains powered 23 watt fan directed at the laptop venting which stops any overheating. In fact, because my graphics card works at near max for GTL, I always use it regardless of the weather. Although my room is south facing, come racetime, the room temp has fortunately dropped.

If you do try a standalone fan, remember to keep all windows closed if the outside air temp is still high laugh

It would be a shame if you couldn't make it tomorrow.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2015, 06:13:49 PM +0100 »

Point well missed. Let me help.

When you approach the end of the 1st straight you will see, on your right hand side a row of bales cutting of a sliproad. This sliproad provides an alternative route to join the return straight. It is a small straight then a slow turn left but you must be wary of cars coming from your left on the traditional route.

The displaced bales will fly all over the place but they do not damage your car if struck.

I was intrigued by this explanation and have just found time to try about 5 laps ( before the fun warden found me more urgent work to do!!), to get an idea of where this shortcut is... Roll Eyes . Just one question Tony, when the 2 options rejoin at the hairpin, who has priority?

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2015, 06:22:40 PM +0100 »

Just one question Tony, when the 2 options rejoin at the hairpin, who has priority?

The one called Claude

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Ati7

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2015, 07:09:18 PM +0100 »

Good track.I think,close lap times tomorrow  Wink Jaguar and Mercedes lap time 2.14.xxx,,Aston Martin and Austin Healey slower.
Ati7

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2015, 08:51:34 PM +0100 »

Very sorry Clive,bad luck  Sad too hot in the house,I could not concentrate.See you next time.(next two races I do not have,family holidays) Sorry,google translator  Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2015, 09:16:12 PM +0100 »

No problem Ati7, I saw you move to the inside just as I was about to turn in...Racing Incident. Just sorry that it ended your race Ati7

I was literally holding my breath at the ist hairpin on lap 1 where the annual  convention of the Kamikaze Pilots reunion appeared to be taking place!! lol
I aborted my turn in twice to allow projectiles ( they were so fast I could not be sure that they were cars!!) to zip up the inside and test the haybales. Very sporting of whoever it was to sacrifice themselves that way  Roll Eyes
2 laps later I was really cheesed off to have made a mistake like I did coming off the banking, and end up parked in the stands. I knew that I had a 2:08 lap in the car, even without slipstream, if I could just hook it up. maybe i was pushing just a fraction too hard to get away from BillG behind and I paid the price. I'm actually not sure that my right leg would have lasted the race as I was already feeling the early stages of cramp during qually and was switching my left foot onto the gas pedal down the straights....hmm left braking I have heard of, but left foot accelerating??  Shocked

Grat to all those who finish.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2015, 09:35:36 PM +0100 »

That was a comedy of errors:

1: When the race started it put me in the pits! huh? so ran through the pits and got going with everyone long gone down the road.
2: Had a wobbly trying too hard to catch up off thebanking which did some damage, and the engine would not do full revs anymore.
3: Hit misniomis (I think) coming off the banking as he was recovering, I went right he read it wrong and also went right... Bang
so went in the pits for a stop and go, but pits were in auto mode and when I hit return (foolishly) it fixed a,, the bodywork, tyres/.fuel
127 sec pitstop, but the engine still was not hitting top revs
4: managed to catch the limping Coyote, only to then stuff it at the hairpin and let him through as I was too busy trying to work out
who i could see in front.

Good fun amyways  Cheesy

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Bill Grewcock

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 06, 2015, 09:38:36 PM +0100 »

For such an apparently straightforward track Avus turned out to be very tricky indeed. The start of the race was a bit of a lottery with much wheelspin combined with someone having a slow start (not me for a change  Tongue) and I gained a place heading off along the 1st straight. I managed to put my right-hand wheels on the grass while slipstreamimg Ati (mucho panic  Shocked) and Erling nipped up the inside then missed his braking point. I was back into P3 along the 2nd straight then Ati had a big shunt and I was in P2 behind Clive. On the next lap Clive did a Space Shuttle impersonation and I inherited the lead with Tony and Hayman following. I was able to steadily increase the gap to P2 and so I managed to begin braking a bit early for each turn and then had a fairly lonely run to the chequered flag.
Congrats to all finishers (especially Bob in the Aston) ... that was a real test of concentration  Smiley

Captain Tetley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 06, 2015, 09:51:01 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

Remember if you want to race this track again next season you need to vote for it here

misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 06, 2015, 10:05:16 PM +0100 »

First race for a few weeks for me. I set the car up for top speed, not corners or acceleration. It was certainly strong on the straights but very slow to pick up speed and slow in the bends. It made for an interesting race with lots of overtaking and being overtaken. Then I tried a different line on the banked bend to see if it was quicker. Not a good idea, I went to the top and had to tiptoe round losing a lot of time. Was getting my head down to try to close up on the cars that passed me but got the exit from the banking slightly wrong and was slow onto the straight. I was accelerating hard but got clipped from behind by someone who had obviously made a good exit. This sent me spinning into the Armco and somersaulting through the air. eek I landed on my wheels I think so started to accelerate but immediately realised I was driving the wrong way on the wrong side of the track. Lucky no one was coming. I span it round and had to do part of the track again. The car seemed to drive O K but lost its speed. In fact it was just over 10 mph slower on the straights so I had no chance of catching anyone up. At least it was still running. Nice to do some sim-racing again and with no P C or controller problems, only driver ones (me).

Congrats to podiums and all.clap
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2015, 10:06:58 PM +0100 »

Had a foreboding about this race, which sadly became all too real  Sad

In offline praccy, I had done a 2:10.8 kamikaze lap, bouncing off the walls of Tony's alternate route at the hairpin, and a 2:10.9 clean lap.  That looked good compared to the few published times in the forum, so a sobering experience to come online and find myself midfield, with several drivers in the 2:09s.

Went back to the regular route round the hairpin, as it was much easier braking on the tarmac in a straight line, rather than on the concrete (or whatever it is), having to change direction simultaneously.  Some miracle clearly happened in qual, when after dumping a load of fuel, I managed a low 2:09 and ran away with pole  Shocked

Made a dreadful start, losing 3 places.  Was so easy to start the Jag at Grenzlandring, but not here. Reclaimed one place from Bill as he described, but then the close proximity of the other cars distracted me enough to miss my braking point, and I ploughed hard into the barrier.  Rejoined in 9th.

Made up some places and was in 5th at the end of L2, but then happened upon the rejoining Clive, as I was coming out of the banked curve.  Did not expect a stationary car there, and by the time I had realised what was happening in front of me, I couldn't do anything to avoid a collision; sorry Clive  Sad
Both our cars were catapulted over the wall.  Amazingly mine was still running, and by driving along the wall, crossing a bridge and barging through a fence, I was able to rejoin; now very much in last place, except for poor Clive, apparently stuck in the grandstands.

Car wouldn't reach its top speed anymore, and I could only do 2:20 laps. Expected repairs to take a long time, but still went into the pits to check after a number of laps - not much to lose really.  Amazed to see that it was only body damage and would take a mere 21 secs to fix.  Cursing myself for not pitting right away, as that would have saved me 30-40 secs.  Except it wouldn't have...  Car was exactly as slow as before, so repairs didn't help.

Kept plugging on, to scrape a few points home, and did cash in on others misfortune, to finish 7th I believe - after a small battle with Matt in another damaged car.

Grats to the podium and thanks to Tony for an unusual track selection.

Cheers,
Erling
55steve55

Waltzinblack

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2015, 11:33:20 PM +0100 »

I agree, Bill. For such a "straightforward" track, it still had the knack of wearing down my concentration.

Pre-race nerves, yes I will admit to them, scared made me decide to start at the back (again) - so was surprised to see you, Matt, in my mirrors about 1/2 a lap into the race, having been unfairly "awarded" an early free pitstop.

I started passing quite a few cars in unusual off-track positions and worked my way up to 5th, thinking " I musn't do what they've just done etc" over and over in my mind. Paranoia eventually got the better of me and i started overthinking the basics, resulting in some barrier bashing (not losing any places) to completing a triple salchow somersault off the wire netting on the exit to the banking, this time being passed by about 4 cars and dropping back to 9th.

Managed to pull myself together for the remainder of the race with the only human contact being Bill lapping me with a few laps to go. Others misfortunes meant I gained places again and was pleased to finish this time (no fuel blunders) and in 5th place.

Well done Bill. You even sounded faster than all the others when passing you on the straights. Well driven Hayman for your 3rd P2 and a great effort Bob for outsmarting most of us Jag drivers.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 11:45:57 PM +0100 by ccstevecc » Logged
chmichel

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 07, 2015, 06:34:08 AM +0100 »

Had a fairly good start, on an unusual track, I thought it might be a boring race but it turned out to be a kind of a comic one, seeing cars flying all over the track

After the banking on the Starting lane I saw Clive and Erling I guess up in the air so I passed them happily, and after a few fights with the guys in front then on lap 10 or 11  I saw Tony spinning at the start of the brick banking so i passed him and and got P3 for a while and then one lap later I hit a wall and got a front left puncture so while trying to reach the pits I hit the rail and jumped to the inside where i found myself stuck without being able to rejoin the track again !

It was really frustrating to see u all racing and me just watching from the center of the track  Roll Eyes

Congrats to the podium finishers and Thanks again Tony for the track choice

Hope to see u all in the next race

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com