The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 05:01:58 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 19th November 2014 - Cobras at Goodwood  (Read 6322 times)
PaulMcCloud

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2014, 09:25:44 PM +0000 »

Well that was fun!!  To finish the night off, i'm going to pull my toe nails out, one by one!!!  lol,

Only kidding, once settled it was ok, takes me 5 or 6 laps to get used to this car, even with practice before hand.

Well done to podiums and to Craig for his first race, (and probably last Smiley ),  with these beast's.
See you all next week, some of you on Sunday....  Cheesy
Spawnofsig

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2014, 09:26:21 PM +0000 »

hi guys hope i didn't make a nuisance of myself there. good race but wife kept poping in not to mention a phone call from work, hope i didn't get in the way! Craig
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2014, 09:30:39 PM +0000 »

Im so sorry to the one i hit on the main straight. I triple checked before turning the car from a spin. The worse rejoin ever. Im really really sorry. I ruined the race for you hang

ma ni problema  Smiley

Remainder (not to Luka): switch the rear mirror on  Wink Though rear mirror shows little of the approaching car, this was done better in GTR2.

After pitstop (lost two laps I think) in a fast right corner when you brake for hard left (Saint Mary's?) AC momentarily switched to desktop. Lost all control, car flipped over, ended in a pit, no damage, only god knows how much time I was added...  Lips Sealed Lost the sound of tyre screeching on braking, still had it on power slide, how weird is that?  Sad Had to rely solely on force feedback on braking.

Didn't see how many laps there were until the end, didn't see who laps me, didn't see how many laps I'm behind the guy in front. Which app shows this?

Unfinished sim and it shows., am expecting some mods. Soon.  Undecided

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2014, 09:33:38 PM +0000 »

Embarrassed  Sorry for the tap Animal Ed, I was out of control from the hurried start to the finish, good fun though, well done all finishers.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2014, 10:29:44 PM +0000 »

Results

Apologies for the lack of a delay before the race start. My fault but I'll blame AC and the stupid way I have to set the server up. I can't run the launcher on the server as it's not got Steam and an AC install. I'll try and do better next week!

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2014, 10:37:12 PM +0000 »

I had 4 incidents ... so let's deal with it:  hammer

@ Erik - part of blame is on me because I knew that you were there (somewhere) but, fast right kink was approaching (need all the road there) and I stopped thinking are we overlapping or not. Usually I leave some space just in case but this time I didn't. No need for you to apologize - let`s call it a racing incident.  euro

@ Bob - my snake was already for paint shop so no damage done.  Wink

@ Craig - I was little bit ruthless and that is not my way of racing ... don`t pay attention on my nick. I`m not that bad ... only looking like my avatar ...  taz

@ Animal Ed - You #*&%$ idiot! That pedal in the middle is called brake pedal. Brake pedal is used to stop the car! Not %&$#%&$/& anchor!  cursing censored

Nothing and nobody can spoil fun for me with this car/track combo. Had fun catching GT (slowly but hey) until that last guy gets involved ... anyway 4th is good result for me.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2014, 11:07:43 PM +0000 »

Well I thoroughly enjoyed that  Smiley Decided to skip quali and drive from the back for this one as I was feeling a bit off and wanted to take things easy and enjoy the race. Certainly didn't expect to be in third place by lap 3  Huh

The cobra really came alive after a few laps with the tyres warmed and the track rubbered in. Felt very immersive especially as I was having to take great care with my braking as any lock ups were flat spotting my fronts making things even more tricky, very impressive stuff and one of my favourite things in AC  Cool

A nice turnout again tonight even with a marmite combo and a few regulars missing which is encouraging  thumbup1 Thanks to all and well done to Darren and Chris up front  Cool

TT the positions app I use is this one (although the timing didn't seem to work this evening)....

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ferito-livecartracker.3420/

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2014, 11:25:50 PM +0000 »

Thanks Goldtop, this is what I seem to need. Smiley

Ed, take it easy on yourself...  Wink
markbeszant

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 20, 2014, 06:40:29 AM +0000 »

Thanks guys for another great race, loved every minute of it, wasn't that keen on this track & car combo but ended up wanting more.

Started 11th finished 8th, keeping on the black stuff helped, with some nice in the middle, swapping places is fun.

I try to give people room on track as I know who is quicker I just wait till you spin off for me to overtake  Grin

Looking forward to the next race evening.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 20, 2014, 08:23:23 AM +0000 »

Well I certainly did that lots Mark  Embarrassed These cars remind me why I don't do GTL, I don't understand them. Braking is so inconsistent. I'll do 2 or 3 laps ok then the car just refuses to slow down for a few corners then it's ok again. I'm sure it'll be temperature related but as I have no idea what the temps are I have no idea if this lap the car will stop or not. Too frustrating for me, sorry.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2014, 08:31:46 AM +0000 »

I really loved this combo, sure the track was a crappy modded thing but the layout suited the car down to a T! I recon with goodwoods name it might even make it into ac as an official track!

As for the race, i loved it, couldnt qually as fast as eric, that 1'23.3 was a decent lap, my pb was just 1'23.5 i assumed that once the track rubbered in id of done consistant 23's like i did offline but it was not to be, an early couple lockups meant my wheel was vibrating like mad by lap 4 which killed all of my braking points, as i started to catch darren through traffic i messed up overtaking mark which resulted in a visit to the wall.. This meant darren was gone! So i just sat lapping as 3rd was quite far behind.

I really think the odd combos like this one are where you really find gems.. If people wouldnt judge the combos before really trying them out it would really open up the content.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2014, 08:53:53 AM +0000 »

I'm sure it'll be temperature related but as I have no idea what the temps are I have no idea if this lap the car will stop or not.

Pete, OV1 app might help you.  Smiley

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rivali-ov1-info-app-v4-1.3219/
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2014, 11:17:54 AM +0000 »

Thanks for a great race and grats to Darren who seemed to drive a perfect race.

They really are a handful these cars, especially when the suspension gets damaged in the 2nd lap Angry Unfortunate to T-bone Luka on the pit straight, unavoidable I'm afraid as he spun right in front. Sorry to 'picnic pete' who patiently waited for the right time to overtake me only for me to loose control causing him to take terminal evasive action.

I discussed this the other day on Core Racing but I do find the cars to be rather fragile. I have found that the slightest tap can cause considerable damage. Especially noticeable was the flat spotting of tyres with the Cobras which by the end of the race was nearly rattling my fillings out. I know that this can be dialed out with various settings, it's just finding the right balance.

Still learning so be patient
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2014, 12:03:19 PM +0000 »

Sorry to 'picnic pete' who patiently waited for the right time to overtake me only for me to loose control causing him to take terminal evasive action.
It was only terminal as I wasn't enjoying the inconsistency with the these darn cars. Me spinning again then was not your fault, just a 'good' excuse for me to give up and go watch telly. The program and CERN, and the search for the Higgs, was more enjoyable  Embarrassed

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com