by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:10:30 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • P10GT60 Spa: April 23, 2015
April 23, 2015, 08:46:46 PM +0100 - Spa (1947-78) - UKPnG Season 10 1960s GTs
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
EvilClive
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Shelby Daytona Coupe (#65026) P&G Group 3 O2L 2 +0.344
138.705mph
1 41:34.011
137.934mph
11 3:44.104
139.549mph
Goodyear  
johnw
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Shelby Cobra 427 (#6606) P&G Group 4 O2L 1 3:45.125
138.916mph
2 +2.945
137.771mph
11 3:44.898
139.057mph
{unknown}  
simon loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Shelby Daytona Coupe (#65056) P&G Group 3 O2L 3 +6.054
135.279mph
3 +10.778
137.341mph
11 3:44.568
139.261mph
Goodyear  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Shelby Daytona Coupe (#65026) P&G Group 3 O2L 4 +7.267
134.572mph
4 +15.656
137.074mph
11 3:45.148
138.902mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale (#66015) P&G Group 3 O2L 5 +15.370
130.038mph
5 +2:01.889
131.507mph
11 3:50.583
135.628mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale (#66015) P&G Group 3 O2L 6 +20.146
127.506mph
6 +2:11.380
131.032mph
11 3:54.493
133.367mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale (#66015) P&G Group 3 O2L 7 +1L
124.810mph
10 3:58.036
131.382mph
Dunlop  
SuperSWIFT

Ferrari 275 GTB/C Speciale (#66015) P&G Group 3 O2L 8 +2L 9 3:53.689
133.826mph
suspension
Dunlop  
Legzy
 Team Oldie Racing
Shelby Daytona Coupe (#65056) P&G Group 3 O2L +11L 0 ---
---
suspension
Goodyear  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
Shelby Daytona Coupe (#65013) P&G Group 3 O2L 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Lotus Elan 26R (#66121) P&G Group 3 U2L 0 ---
---
DQ
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GTR2
P&G Group 3 O2L
3:45.469
138.705mph
EvilClive
Qualifying
Shelby Daytona CoupeApril 23, 2015, 08:46:46 PM +0100
P10GT60
GTR2
P&G Group 3 O2L
3:44.104
139.549mph
EvilClive
Race
Shelby Daytona CoupeApril 23, 2015, 08:46:46 PM +0100
P10GT60
GTR2
P&G Group 4 O2L
3:45.125
138.916mph
johnw
Qualifying
Shelby Cobra 427April 23, 2015, 08:46:46 PM +0100
P10GT60
GTR2
P&G Group 4 O2L
3:44.898
139.057mph
johnw
Race
Shelby Cobra 427April 23, 2015, 08:46:46 PM +0100
P10GT60
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKPnG Season 10 1960's GT Cup - Spa - Apr 23  (Read 8647 times)
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2015, 09:37:20 PM +0100 »

Sorry Postal   Huh - didn't intend to destroy your race.
Surprisingly I could go on and finish although I had two or three other big offs
and tyres turned really bad during the last laps.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2015, 09:40:06 PM +0100 »

Results and Replay Posted

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2015, 11:11:16 PM +0100 »

Click HERE for Analyser Report 

Congratulations to Evil for what I think may be his first PnG win.

Simon had come to my rescue with a setup that I was able to try out during the afternoon but I spent most of the practice period, off-line, checking that the tyres would go the distance.

A CTD just as qually was about to start didn't help.  But at least I was able to make myself a brew whilst the PC rebooted.  That came in most handy when I found that Qually was in the dark.  LOL  On a track that is so insanely fast that you can't even see your next accident coming we really didn't need to be in the dark as well!

I did one lap and then drank my cuppa.

Starting behind Evil I really didn't expect to do too well off the line, because most of his starts are dire.  But this time he moved!  Not as fast as Simon did but then Simon seemed to catch a crab and I was able to pass both he and John and headed off up the hill in second spot.

That became first for a brief spell before my lack of practice showed and I shed all of my early gains.  There was one particular corner that I seemed to have forgotten how to take.  The first right after Stavelot was my undoing.  When I went cautious it wasn't any better because I ended up with more turn-in than expected which put me on the grass on the inside, followed by a close encounter with the wall on the outside. 

It was a good event though.  I get fed up with roller skates that just go where you point them.  It should be difficult!  Otherwise what's the point?

I clattered the walls a few times and should have been "dead" but PnG just seems to register damage but not change the car that much most of the time.  It was rotten before and was still rotten afterwards and so long as you don't have to shoot your pit crew to stop them messing with it then it has no effect.

Thanks Matt.  Nice one.  But no more qually in the dark please.   Grin

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 24, 2015, 09:44:22 AM +0100 »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Well, I never expected that!!! My first win in PnG, and probably in the cars that have given me the most grief. Although looking back I can see that I have slowly been getting used to how to drive these beasts, with improving performances.  It is all about controlling the urge to stamp on the gas and unleash all those torques through the rear wheels for me.

I did a couple of laps on Wed evening after seeing Simon's post about a 3:45 lap, just to see if I was anywhere near "on pace". My first few laps in the open topped beast that is the 427, were entertaining but netted only a 3:50 lap, probably some neater driving would have shaved a few seconds off of that.
Then I tried the Daytona with a Stig setup that I had from somewhere ,and clocked a 3:47 on the first flying lap on race fuel. Each lap got quicker until a 3:45 rolled up......happy with that! as Simon is usually getting himself in the action with his pace. A switch to the softer tyres and a few clicks off the bump /rebound settings made the car much more compliant, but I ran out of "play time" on Wednesday and planned to tweak things in quali last night..............but someone pulled a sneaky move and turned the lights out.
The dark quali probably played in my favour as many did not bother to run and I was able to call on my GPL knowledge of this circuit and plant a reasonable lap to place me on the front row alongside John. Maybe a daylight quali would have seen a few more cars between me and clear air??

Clive is right about my first ever decent start. That Daytona just launched off the line and I was scared that John might still be alongside as we dipped into Eau Rouge. I had to risk a couple of sideways looks just to be sure as I committed to that corner...not something that I would normally contemplate doing  scared
For the first lap I just tried to get clear of the possible slipstream effect and keep Clive and John at a "safe" distance. When lap 1 was over and they still had not closed the gap I got a bit cocky and thought I could simply outrun them, but all I did was over drive the car and lost vital seconds here and there until Clive was on my tail and John was getting perilously close. I made a total Horlicks of Malmedy and Clive carried more speed and swept past running down to Masta.
I took the opportunity to sit in behind Clive and compose myself, learning an interesting lesson in the process. I had geared my car for slipstream with a very high ratio gearset, never expecting to be in front. So I was able to draft up behind Clive very easily. But more importantly, I discovered that I needed to redline in 3rd to extract maximum speed when I dropped into the high 4th gear. A few trial runs up behind Clive and I was ready to pounce. I had spotted his weakness at Stavelot and I was maybe quicker through Eau Rouge and Masta.. and John was just beginning to creep closer in 3rd!!

I got a great run on Clive as I carried more speed through Carrier? I think at just drafted past on the run up the hill. Some 10/10ths driving to La Source and I had over a second on him. Nailed Eau Rouge and stretched the gap again. Now I was keeping it tidy and avoiding wheelspin and the pace was good and the tyres were hardly worn..the gap just extended with every section.

I think Clive had a "moment" and dropped back to be replaced by John who was still 3 secs back,  but one mistake and he would be past me. I had the advantage of greater speed on all those straights, so I made the most of it and pushed on. I think the gap was up to about 7 seconds with 2 laps to go and it was about then that the little voices started. Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil Evil

"Don't lose it now"       " are the tyres OK", they are a little worn"        " ooh that front left looks a bit close to the bottom of the green"       " and what about fuel!! have you checked the consumption? coz you have been pushing hard!!"   " better short shift to the end, better to cruise in 2nd rather than not make it to the flag".

The last lap I was a total nervous wreck of my own making, I backed off by about 5 secs as I watched the fuel deplete and John get closer and closer. As it turns out I had plenty of juice as I had completely filled the tanks before the race....but you never know in PnG!!

Grats to John for keeping the pressure on right to the flag and to Simon for 3rd. A clean sweep for the Soggies  Grin Also thanks to Clive for passing me before I could throw my car at the scenery and allowing me to regain some rhythm and decorum.

Oh and thanks to Matt for the night time qually, I couldn't have done it without you mate  Wink

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2015, 11:31:16 AM +0100 »

Congrats Evil on your first win, well done mate.  thumbup2 Also congrats to the Soggies on a dominant performance.  I Am Not Worthy

Wanted to drive the Daytona here, but I haven't driven it for so long, not at all since v3 came out, that I had to start afresh on the setup. But with limited time I could not get it to handle at all, all over the place in the corners, so decided to drive the Ferrari even though it would be well outpaced.

Race went as well as could be expected I guess, got a good start & nearly got into 3rd at Eau Rouge but John just managed to squeeze past. Simon cruised past just after Malmedy & that was about it, never saw another car. Consequently I started to lose concentration & started thinking about other things, missed the marker boards at Masta & ploughed straight on into the barriers. Thought that would be race over but the car was fine so carried on. Had another senior moment on the last lap but had enough gap over Matt to finish 5th.

Have to disagree with Clive about it having to be difficult. Yeh these cars are demanding & fun to drive, but I don't think they produce good racing, it just exaggerates the difference between the aliens & the mortals. The slower easier cars make the field closer promoting better racing. Well that's my opinion anyway.

Cya all at Lakeside for the Inter-League.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2015, 12:35:35 PM +0100 »

I rather enjoyed this one too. I had done no practice as I know the track quite well
assumed that the Daytona without the rear wing would be the best option, but I couldn't
keep it on the track so like Geoffers went with the Ferri. Was gifted 6th when Swifty
went farming, managed to stay there up to the finish. This place is for me a bit like The green Hell
I like it, but rarely finish a race intact. So was good to finish with no damage  Grin

simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 01:27:36 PM +0100 »

After my jump start at the last race I took the time to do an AI race so that I was up to speed with the starting procedure. Whilst doing this I noticed that the car rolled whilst revving for the off so I switched to a hand clutch enabling me to keep my left foot on the brake. I also noticed that, as the start is down hill I could make lightening starts in second gear....... unfortunately, I was behind JW at the start and he decided not to go anywhere. By the lime I'd lifted and steered to miss him my car was staggering along like a ruptured duck and everyone was cruising past me. It took me a lap and a half to get up to 4th and by then 1,2 and 3 were away with the mixer. I encountered Clive emerging from the undergrowth at around half distance and he made me work hard for my 3rd, netting me the 2nd best lap of the race which was satisfying (my first 44 second lap).

How about we hold the next qually session in the pouring rain
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 02:13:47 PM +0100 »

How about we hold the next qually session in the pouring rain

How about we have a race in the rain!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 02:32:47 PM +0100 »

I hate wet races in these sims, I used to like the GTR2 variable weather races thing
that could work quite well, as you had to slow down when it rained and then could
speed up when it dried, but it was awkward to set up, sometimes it pee'd it down all race
sometimes it never dropped a spot.
The dark qual was entirely unexpected be me. I think to avoid that
you need to set the Q1 option rather than the default Q2. SOmething like that.

johnw

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 02:46:19 PM +0100 »

I quite liked the quali in the dark, looking at the stars going up through Eau Rouge, all very atmospheric Smiley

Sorry Simon about my start (or lack thereof), Noticed that I couldn't hear my engine over everyone else's and was revving up and down to try and hear it when the lights changed. Looking at the replay, you've certainly got good reactions!

Just managed to hold on ahead of Geoffers going up the hill, there may have been a little bit of paint exchanged though, hope it'll buff out whistling
After that I was left chasing the two Clives, who were always just too far ahead to get a tow going onto the straight, then were long gone by the end of it. Tried to make up the gap with some bravery in the corners but after halfway the tyres were starting to fade and that same bravery put me on the grass at one of the fast right-handers in the last sector. Had a very close shave with Clive L's Daytona after he found the wall at the Masta kink, thankfully he left room for me, as it was a bit too late and fast to change direction.

Grats to EC, you were tantalisingly close at the end, made for an exciting last lap thumbup1
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com