by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 12:30:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • P10WS Daytona: May 14, 2015
May 14, 2015, 08:54:35 PM +0100 - Daytona (Road) - UKPnG Season 10 World Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Chevrolet Corvette C2 coupe (#66067) P&G Group 3 O2L 1 2:03.579
105.275mph
1 40:08.003
102.652mph
19 2:04.541
104.462mph
Goodyear  
Clive Loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Chevrolet Corvette C2 coupe (#66067) P&G Group 3 O2L 2 +0.253
105.060mph
2 +33.535
101.242mph
19 2:05.412
103.736mph
Goodyear  
simon loynes
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Chevrolet Corvette C2 coupe (#66067) P&G Group 3 O2L 3 +1.942
103.646mph
3 +37.761
101.067mph
19 2:06.386
102.937mph
Goodyear  
EvilClive
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Shelby GT350R (#68180) P&G Group 3 O2L 4 +2.895
102.865mph
4 +53.048
100.439mph
19 2:07.702
101.876mph
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKPnG Season 10 World Series - Daytona - May 14  (Read 6698 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2015, 11:46:09 AM +0100 »

Understood Chris. I don't mean anyone in particular, I couldn't make the race myself as was stuck in a Premier Inn down the smoke.
I will keep putting on events as long as enough people want them, it's not a problem
Though it sometimes feels like P&G may have run it's course
Tony is getting good grids for GTL at the moment which is briliant  thumbup1, but he puts a lot of effort into creating series with various mods.

This is just one Mod with limited variantions, and some of the variations don't suit everyone, I don't do any other race sims
so I don't really know how AC is affecting the grids or some other sim.

Nay Bother, maybe next week we will get a few more drivers.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2015, 01:18:11 PM +0100 »

I do hope so.

I don't want anything with sticky boots and wings so if PnG pegs it I'm scuppered.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2015, 03:16:43 PM +0100 »

I sure hope we can keep P&G alive. I have AC, but don't think it's very good. I also have all the Simbim race games, r-Factor 2 and LiveForSpeed. P&G is still my favourite.

Not all cars are good, but the ones who are, gives me the best real feel I've tried in any sim-game.

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2015, 06:30:28 PM +0100 »

I do hope so.

I don't want anything with sticky boots and wings so if PnG pegs it I'm scuppered.

I tend to agree with you Clive, which is why I dipped my toe into PnG and GTL looking for some old style racing.  At the same time as I branched out from GPL about 18 months ago I also tried GTR2....and I found that it was just too modern for me.

As you say, "I don't want anything with slick tyres and wings" and Tony is doing a great job in keeping wings and stuff off the agenda over in GTL IMHO. The only class I struggle with ( well OK, the class I struggle MOST with!!)  are the IMSA series from the mid 70's which have modern slick tyres and don't seem to like any 4 wheel drifting.  But, on the up side Tony has the Le Mans 55 series with really old school D types, Aston Martin DB2, old Fezzas etc and they are the best fun ever , with brakes that would not stop a shopping trolley and tyres that are so bad that I have seen better on a lawn mower!!!

As for lack of members........
I know GPL suffered a huge crash in membership when iRacing kicked off, but several of those who jumped ship have returned having recognised the extortionate cost of competing there year after year. Maybe Assetto Corsa will not have lasting appeal, who knows?

GPL has also attracted a large number of members who enjoy the 60's Grand Prix cars and the great racing that we still have. I think UKGPL is one of the biggest GPL leagues around these days and we certainly have an international makeup. It seemed to me that there is a "critical mass" value to the membership with any racing sim. GBGPL ran well for many years alongside UKGPL and had some very strong membership, but slowly the numbers dwindled and they were having grids of 5 or 6 cars. With a broad spread of talent on such a small grid there was very little race action and GBGPL just expired. The few members left now race with the Hungarian league on Sats in the Groundhog races.
UKGPL on the other hand made a concious effort to attract newbies and set up "novice" divisions as a nursery. I cannot say for sure if that is why we have such a vibrant league at the moment, but for a sim that was released in 1998, it ain't doing so bad.
So what I think I am trying to say is that if you want to grow numbers you need a) to attract new members who are already quick with some great tracks and cars, because the faster drivers always want to match themselves against the best opposition.     and  b) attract noobies with a level of racing that does not intimidate them.
We found that a lot of new members had been put off joining GPL on line simply because they felt that they would be totally outclassed by aliens. The introduction of the Novice/Amateur divisions with unlimited resets allowed them to ease themselves in to GPL on line with people of a similar ability without looking foolish and inept.

When I started PnG about 18 months ago I wondered what the hell I was doing here! After years of pounding GPL cars around, with some success, PnG was a huge challenge and I almost quit after 6 months because I was just not "getting it". Whether it was sheer bloody mindedness or because I was still able to get my ration of champagne in GPL races I don't know, but I stuck at it and although I am still not totally au fait with these beasts, I can at least avoid getting lapped these days.

I for one hope that PmT keeps going as I enjoy wrestling the older cars with oversized engines and under performing tyres, coaxing them into corners and keeping them on the grey stuff.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2015, 08:59:45 AM +0100 »

I thought GTL was our novice class.   Roll Eyes

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2015, 11:53:10 AM +0100 »

Join us when your ready Clive

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2015, 11:57:23 AM +0100 »

Join us when your ready Clive

I'll keep practicing.

But my poor little brain can only cope with one sim at a time. 

fzcfede

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2015, 08:16:27 PM +0100 »

Hello everyone Cheesy,
Sorry for the absence but they are busy with work Huh, let's see if I can turn tomorrow night.
Hello Grin
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2015, 02:03:51 PM +0100 »

I think that PnG is its own worst enemy.  It has such a choice of cars and the setups are hard to come by and hard to develop too.  When you get the setup wrong you have no tyres at the end of the race and there is not enough online activity to try things out against real opposition.

It does take a lot of time between races if you want any chance of being in the hunt.  Well, for me at any rate.  Tongue

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2015, 02:14:05 PM +0100 »

And that is part of my dilema. DO I run races with the same cars often and the same tracks
we know well. Or do I run different cars at tracks which are not all common.

I prefer to run different cars at varied tracks, but I am concious that some places are favourites.
You can't please all the people all the time. When people make suggestions I usually try to
put it into practice. I will probably just keep putting on events to the end of the year
and then look at what to do next year. These things (as noted) are variable, people do
other stuff, and sometimes come back or new people turn up now and then.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com