The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 04:30:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: DTM comes to Assetto Corsa  (Read 2701 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 17, 2014, 06:29:53 PM +0000 »

URD have released their payware mod based on the 2013 DTM cars (BMW, Audi, Mercedes). This is the same team which produced the EGT mod (which is still currently in development).

After a quick blast I'm hugely impressed by these cars and the quality of the mod and I'm not even a DTM fan. Cost is 6.40Euros with a 25% discount if you've already bought the EGT mod.

I would need to do some proper testing, but if enough of you are interested I think these cars would make a cracking series as part of our AC racing here.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2014, 06:39:11 PM +0000 »

Don't think I've ever sim raced a DTM car Undecided will read some reviews and watch some you tube vids of them, a fiver is nowt these days!

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2014, 01:53:32 AM +0000 »

Knowing what i know about the egt cars (cars sharing identical physics files and not very good ones at that) i cant say im in much of a rush to give them any money.

I speak to marlo (physics dude for the mx5) and he explained what they had done.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2014, 11:01:39 AM +0000 »

I was reading a thread somewhere about 3rd party car mods for AC and it was a horror story, especially when you had to pay for them. Buyer beware.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2014, 09:24:38 AM +0000 »

TBH thats no different to any mod out there for any game. If it feels like what you expect thats all that matters isnt it?

I dont expect any of these modders to have complete access to race teams, and take there data and put it straight in to GTR2, AC, rF etc I would probably expect them to take an existing car and tweak the parameters to something aproaching what you would expect from what ever car your trying to simulate.

I would love to see an appetite for some of the mods out there especially for AC like the DTM, EGT, SEAT Leon,  as they do add alot to the limited, mainly road, stock content.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 09:26:39 AM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2014, 12:15:21 PM +0000 »

Me not.
AC suppose to be simulator, not just any game so let`s have "league" mode with all kind of shapes but same physics to level the field, is not what I would like to have. If someone do the mod and ask money for it, he need to make it worth by giving his best shot to find data and make it closest to rl as can be.

Frankly, I`m much more enjoying road cars in AC because they are closer to old cars that I like so much.  Without assists "that make you faster" by correcting your mistakes or doing things for you because you can`t be bothered.
But that`s just me  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2014, 08:46:31 PM +0000 »

Me not.
AC suppose to be simulator, not just any game so let`s have "league" mode with all kind of shapes but same physics to level the field, is not what I would like to have. If someone do the mod and ask money for it, he need to make it worth by giving his best shot to find data and make it closest to rl as can be.

Frankly, I`m much more enjoying road cars in AC because they are closer to old cars that I like so much.  Without assists "that make you faster" by correcting your mistakes or doing things for you because you can`t be bothered.
But that`s just me  Grin

Amen to all that  Smiley though I do love the Gt3 cars a lot  Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com