The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 03:24:32 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: So, a real version 1.0 then....  (Read 1993 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:09:14 PM +0000 »

So has it sorted out the fundamental issues with multiplayer yet? exportable results? Inefficient graphics engine where you have to turn everything off?

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 03:50:31 PM +0000 »

LOL don't be daft. They were clearly desperate to get something out before Christmas for some reason, but to me it's still a Beta version and not finished.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 06:12:03 PM +0000 »

a long way off imho

Still learning so be patient
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2014, 01:54:27 PM +0000 »

I must be reading the wrong forum as the AC ones seem pretty dead. the FFB change i think is throwing me off a bit, maybe the ruf shouldnt have been the first thing i'd tried since the 1.0 update,  but has anyone had to change their settings much after 1.0? Looking through the AC forums, some have everything on 100% others seem to have everything at 0% which doesnt really help!

Do people run high 'effects' with the kerb, road and sliding err.. sliders?
« Last Edit: December 31, 2014, 01:57:38 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2014, 03:27:25 PM +0000 »

I changed my wheel from g25 to thrust master t300 gte in between, the thrustmaster feels amazing in ac, i can feel so much more stuff now.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2014, 04:12:36 PM +0000 »

I must be reading the wrong forum as the AC ones seem pretty dead. the FFB change i think is throwing me off a bit, maybe the ruf shouldnt have been the first thing i'd tried since the 1.0 update,  but has anyone had to change their settings much after 1.0? Looking through the AC forums, some have everything on 100% others seem to have everything at 0% which doesnt really help!

Do people run high 'effects' with the kerb, road and sliding err.. sliders?

Logitech?

If so in Logi profiler try 100% gain with the rest at 0 and tick the box that allows game to change settings.

In game controls it's down to taste. With my DFGT I run 55% gain (I like light ffb) Set minimum force to 8% (8 to 12 recommended for G27/G25) which gets rid of the infamous logi centre dead zone  Smiley damper 0, filter 0, effects (optional some like all at 0) I use 40 kerbs, 30 road and 0 slip.

In garage game defaults to 100 ffb force and 100 damper. I run 0 damper (though I'm not sure this affects anything) and adjust each car's ffb to taste which I then save as a base setup for that car.

You can save wheel settings in the controls and give them different names so it's worth experimenting to see what you prefer. If you're Fanatec I don't think you need to set a minimum force value but not sure.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2014, 07:13:28 PM +0000 »

Thanks i'll have another play with it all. Ive tried running high gain in the profiler but then have to run about 30 in game as the kurbs and jolts through the wheel tend to get the gears slipping making a loud knocking noise. I think thats half my problem with little feel. How people can run 100% in game i'll never know. Every game has subtly different forces, some concentrate on the suspension forces, others seem to have a stronger wheel resistance, so can cope better with some not others. 

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2015, 07:04:23 PM +0000 »

Spanner you can read about 'gain' in the hints and tips thread. Run the in-game app that shows if your getting clipping with your ffb too high and reduce the gain to suit.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2015, 09:47:46 AM +0000 »

Hi folks, Happy New Year etc..... Hoping to be back in the cockpit this year and mixing it with you guys.

@Spanner. There's this thread at the AC forums http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/calibrating-your-force-feedback-wheel-using-wheelcheck-and-ffbclip.14319/ which uses a couple of apps to help you get your ffb sorted out so that it uses a linear ffb reaction and also to set the correct force to prevent clipping. It's a long read and, like all threads at the AC forums, is muddled up with a far bit of carp but just reading through it should give you some good ideas where to get set up with your particular wheel.

I'm using a G27 so I have 107% set in the profiler (I do this instead of using the min force option that's now incorporated to take out the numb centre feel with the G27) and 100% set in the In Game Menu and then run anywhere between 55 and 85 % in the car setup options depending on the car I'm driving. The clipping meter on the pedal app rarely gets above 70-75%. I run next to no damping as I don't perceive any difference irrespective of where I set this and I run 0 on all of the "added" effects (kerbs etc..).

Over the festive period I've been hammering around Spa in the 787B which is a truly amazing piece of work imho, hopefully we'll get a race organised in these some time.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 10:14:02 AM +0000 by Johnny X » Logged

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com