by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:52:02 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Use of "Advanced Setup"  (Read 7991 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: December 23, 2014, 09:06:35 AM +0000 »

Please use this thread to discuss whether UKGTL should adopt "Advanced Setup".

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:44 AM +0000 »

As someone who's struggling enough with the standard setup, I'm not sure even more setting options I don't know what to do with, would be of any help  helpsmilie

Aside from offering asymmetrical settings left/right, can someone familiar with it say what other options, if any, are made available ?

Cheers,
Erling
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2014, 10:38:29 AM +0000 »

I am quite familiar with assymetrical setups from GPL and usually use specific offset setups for each car/track. This can help balance the tyre wear/temps throughout a race, but if taken to extremes you can make a car unstable under braking etc. So it is a balancing act where you tweak the handling to gain performance through the majority of corners against a car that might need more care at other places.

I have not looked at what is available in GTL's options but I have noticed that in the "standard" setup page some options are unavailable for some car options. If you want to use assymetrical then I assume that ALL parameters would be available in the advanced page, as in my GPL experience you would need to access all options to really make it work.

As a newbie here it is probably not my place to comment on what should or should not happen, but I am actually enjoying the relative simplicity of GTL and the relaxed and gentlemanly on track behaviour. That does not make the racing any less intense IMHO ( well I still struggle to keep up!!) but I am very conscious of the low level of moderation in your races compared to GPL.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2014, 11:15:39 AM +0000 »

I'm not very good at setups with current options, more options will only confuse my poor old brain.  Huh Roll Eyes wheelchair rockon

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 12:46:57 PM +0000 »

I'm already using the advanced setup and I'm still confused and always one of the slowest drivers,
so it looks like there is no advantage for me even when I use it.  Tongue

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2014, 02:17:40 PM +0000 »

I must admit (as I wrote in my Assen report) I missed the 'Advanced Setup' in a clean GTL install.
If you ask me, is it cheating? ...my answer is NO. Even in the good old GPL (1998) could be assymetrical.

We can see that some have already (hehe Kurt)...and some have not, I choose to play with open cards and says: I want it...especially because no one can see you use it  Cool
Everyone knows in real, cars are set up differently about space clockwise or counterclockwise and completely out of balance on oval tracks. Therefore, I would say: It is one thing missing in GTL, that should be there from the start.

Some do not spend much time in the 'Garage' (running perhaps almost 'default setup) but to spend some time in the garage and get the car to run better...you will have a much more fun race.
Tip: Use XD to see, for example, your tire temp & where the heat settles in the tires, change little air & balance...& you are already faster  Wink

Give yourself a Christmas gift, free...Merry Christmas  Grin

roguk

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2014, 08:30:57 PM +0000 »

Prob make no difference having extra settings to me, BUT in fairness if some drivers already have this it should be available to all.
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2014, 09:47:30 AM +0000 »

For those not familiar with the Advanced Setup...here are a few pictures of your new Garage

A funny detail I came to mind: If you download a setup in 'Online Folder'...maybe you already have & use a setup that is built in Advanced Setup  Grin

Ohh, XD I mentioned in previous post, one thing I think everyone uses...but it's also 'cheating' ?  Wink

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2014, 11:58:14 AM +0000 »

As the AS cannot be policed it's futile to try to restrict/ban it's use.

Perhaps someone can supply the appropriate files required so at least everyone can use it if they wish?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2014, 12:59:52 PM +0000 »

Mmm, yes i think that for the majority of current GTL drivers around here this feature might not do much for the racing experience on SROUK. Not to mention a certain Pelle B from Dk showed us a crazy fast pace without the use of this Advanced Setup!

So if you do not know where to look for in the setup it won't be much help to you. (it is there in P&G, but i rearly touch it because of lack of practice time mostly) But with some trail and error you might get an idea what parameters to change and improve your driving experience. Heck some heavy Advanced Setup users might even give a little insight in what some of these new parameter would do?

I would be happy to share my setups with other drivers to improve the understanding of car setups and get a closer grid on race day. (I believe we can use a online folder for this? Don't know anything about that function..)

So as Tony mentioned; it can not be policed, so lets make it available to all.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 06:13:31 AM +0000 »

Not to mention a certain Pelle B from Dk showed us a crazy fast pace without the use of this Advanced Setup!
Thx  Grin

(I believe we can use a online folder for this? Don't know anything about that function..)
After UKGTL moved two ABB Lobby (I just tried)...you can see all the setups in 'Online Folder' and I could see, example Goodwood, here are 3 of my (all my setups starts with 'PB'. It is where the fun comes, as I have said before...more may have already downloaded a setup that is built in 'Advanced Setup' without knowing it...because, all at ABB using it  laugh
If someone is missing a setup (& we are in the same car on the server) of course I upload my setups if anyone wants...but many find them unusable, may require a change of driving style  Shocked

*For example, I just built wider wheels & tires in Advanced Setup, here on a Mini Cooper

*No...it's a joke  Cheesy ...but to build this series of Cooper S was perhaps the largest I did in GTL 2014 in cooperation with GeeDee  thumbup1
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:39:30 AM +0000 by Pelle_B » Logged

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 08:03:05 AM +0000 »

I found it here (I don't use the autoupdater of ABB where it seems to be included):

http://www.racingfr.com/forum/index.php?autocom=Downloads&showfile=1154

Site is french but at least a working DL - you have to be logged in.

"Advanced setup" (by R8-Gordini) readme from ABB:

This tool provides access to hidden car setup values which work it GTL. It comes near the GTR2 setup menu.

We know this is a major change to GTL, but there are some clever heads - also here on Bude - who know which
screws to turn to get access to these values without a graphic UI. As there is no technical solution to prevent
this we think everybody should have access to this.
By the way, it's all about fine tuning, there are no turbo kits

As already stated: for me the advanced setup does not offer any or considerable advantage, because I'm not
enough sophisticated to use it accordingly - as you can see from my results this year  Tongue wheelchair  :'(
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 08:23:49 AM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 03:31:07 PM +0000 »

I found it here (I don't use the autoupdater of ABB where it seems to be included):
True, it is located in ABB Auto Update, but it does not come automatically. Once you are inside the 'Auto Update', go to 'Tweaks' & 'Erweiterungen'...where you can install 'Advanced Setep' in five different languages.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 04:35:51 PM +0000 »

@Kurt - Does the read me file expressly forbid redistribution?

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 06:08:33 PM +0000 »

No - here's the original readme:

GT Legends Advanced Setup Menu

by R8-Gordini 2013-09-04

====================================================
Features all available car setup values at the
setup menu

includes backup of original files

Localisations:
German
Francais

for more please contact me

Installation:

Unpack and copy to your game folder

For French language rename game.dic.fr to game.dic
For German language rename game.dic.de to game.dic

Known Issues:

none til now, please report

My intention to build this UI mod:

At the GT Legends SIM Racing community out there
are probably a lot of clever heads who know how to
set all these values without an UI, it can be done
simply with a text editor.

You can call it cheating, but there is no thinkable
way to recognize or control this, it's all about
fine tuning of the car's setup.

So I decided to turn this "witch knowledge" into
public knowledge, easily accessible for everybody.

Have fun

Wink
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 06:10:13 PM +0000 by SpecialKS » Logged

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com