The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 02:57:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Any AC racing going on over the Xmas break?  (Read 2063 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:06:09 AM +0000 »

With most of us being off over the Xmas break it would seem an apt time for some impromptu racing. Maybe some 20min sprint events? If not, how about some upcoming race announcements so we can get some useful practise in.  Undecided
I'm gonna be kicking my heels otherwise especially now I can't make the only Srouk p&g race  :'( sods law put it on only night I'm booked out.  Roll Eyes
Failing that, anyone know of any other AC racing going on elsewhere?

Still I've not even ran 1.0 yet so guess I can have a play with that and maybe hotlap the nurburgring.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 08:44:33 AM +0000 »

Personally its a shame that over this period theres less going on, when i've never been at home quite so much! More AC would be nice!

For me its a chance to get more familiar with Project CARS, err and Far Cry 4 which is sucking me in

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 10:00:05 AM +0000 »

Core Racing are running their GT2 series on Sundays.

Looks like AC will be releasing the Ruf possibly today so that could cause a bit of friction in some households.

Edited because I have a mind like a sieve  Smiley

« Last Edit: December 24, 2014, 12:47:13 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 11:44:52 AM +0000 »

Grin Grin Grin Already released, no friction here, especially on the rear end with right foot planted. Any day would be good  for a play, Merry Xmas to all at SimRacing.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 06:46:32 PM +0000 »

They've released a RUF?!! Jeez and I went to a pub instead  Tongue  once the beer wears off will be having a test drive  Smiley  Cool
Surely we need a Ruf race at the Nurburg GP?! Boxing Day night anyone?  Grin

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 09:48:54 PM +0000 »

skin pack for the RuF already  Smiley

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/color-pack-for-ruf-yellowbird.18912/

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2014, 01:23:14 AM +0000 »

My only reference is the PnG RSR from back in the day, is it more of a handful than that? lol

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2014, 09:59:15 AM +0000 »

This car from Kunos to play with on Xmas day is better and more exciting than my family presents so far  laugh

It's basically my own 911 with an extra turbo'd 200bhp on tap  Cool they look superb on track in the replays. Braking and downshifting takes a bit of mastering and your arms are constantly correcting the steering but it's immensely satisfying to drive and race with  Smiley  engine sounds need some tweaking to give that flat six rasp IMO.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2014, 10:23:08 AM +0000 »

2:21.4 around the Nurb GP if anyone wants a friendly Xmas target so far. Just about to try it on the Ring  Cool

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2014, 10:36:09 AM +0000 »

Grin For even more Xmas fun try the Competition Cobra round Spa, amazing addition.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2014, 11:09:54 AM +0000 »

ps..if a Ruf yellowbird has ever escaped your auto radar....this is what to expect when you take it around the Ring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ   Shocked

I did a full clean quickish lap around the Ring without any crashes, driving it how I would if it would cost me personally £xxx to bend it, then I tried laps properly 'on it'...lol, I stacked it every time,  Roll Eyes its an animal when you really push it. Cant wait to see what Ring experts like Animal Ed think of it  Cool

it really feels sublime though with the (mostly) controllable oversteer and a big shove out of the corners with the turbo.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2014, 03:02:30 PM +0000 »

2:21.4 around the Nurb GP if anyone wants a friendly Xmas target so far. Just about to try it on the Ring  Cool

My messy attempt yielded this...

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2014, 03:42:24 PM +0000 »

Nice time GT, will have to try and beat that tomorrow when I'm can get near the pc again Smiley

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2014, 12:05:02 PM +0000 »

ps..if a Ruf yellowbird has ever escaped your auto radar....this is what to expect when you take it around the Ring!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OSMCfPASImQ   Shocked

I did a full clean quickish lap around the Ring without any crashes, driving it how I would if it would cost me personally £xxx to bend it, then I tried laps properly 'on it'...lol, I stacked it every time,  Roll Eyes its an animal when you really push it. Cant wait to see what Ring experts like Animal Ed think of it  Cool

it really feels sublime though with the (mostly) controllable oversteer and a big shove out of the corners with the turbo.

8:12 with `90 street tyres, normal boost and longest final ratio (like in yt video) ...
7:49 with semi`s, full boost and longest final ratio (less shifting is good on Ring) ...

At first taste it was really fun but something was missing.
Second taste with modified camber values and front toe out brings back proper "elfer" feeling for me, my G27+TH8RS and light FFB settings that I use.

I am talking about throttle steering because lift off oversteer is almost non existent and this is important part of "drive it properly" Porsche character ...

One more thing, no front end bouncing (??!) even in yt video - it must be that Stephan had full fuel tank.

Ah, little bit late but merry christmas guys to all of you and your families.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 12:07:37 PM +0000 by Animal Ed » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2014, 12:35:21 PM +0000 »

This car from Kunos to play with on Xmas day is better and more exciting than my family presents so far  laugh

It's basically my own 911 with an extra turbo'd 200bhp on tap  Cool they look superb on track in the replays. Braking and downshifting takes a bit of mastering and your arms are constantly correcting the steering but it's immensely satisfying to drive and race with  Smiley  engine sounds need some tweaking to give that flat six rasp IMO.

Have a play with the turbo % settings if you haven't already (1 through to 0 on your keyboard while on track for 10% to 100% boost). Totally changes the character of the car and makes it a joy for hotlapping. AC should make this along with tyre restrictions controlled by server settings to open up even more great league racing.

We might have a chance of racing this quite soon  Wink

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com