Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 07:38:08 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S27 Moon: December 28, 2014
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 27 (2014) - SANTA V THE ELVES - Moon - Dec 28  (Read 2662 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2014, 11:26:42 PM +0000 »

By semi-popular  demand Santa v the Elves returns to GPL. As a wind down from the Christmas delivery there is noting more that Santa & the Elves like more than to go racing 1960’s style.  This year Santa has challenged the Chief Elf to race that will be out of this world – it will be on the Moon.

The supporting cast (drivers) are asked to assemble in the UKGPL chat Room in IGOR. Chief Elf (Billy Nobrakes) & Santa (whose identity will be revealed on the night) will take turns to pick teams from those present. Please listen carefully for instructions (but this doesn’t mean there is no room for a bit of pre-race banter).  The password will be announced in chat.

As tradition has it the Elves get to race the green machines – Lotus 33 or Brabham BT11, Santa’s get a choice of the red sleigh (Ferrari) or the rednose reindeer = BRM.
Drivers will score points according the standard system. At the end of the race team Santa & team Elf will have their points added together to declare the winning team. The event is unmoderated – but the usual high standards are expected. Unlimited Shift R is allowed & there are no Stop & Go’s BUT each Shift R will cost your team 3 points.

Whilst the votes are still being counted on the preferred frame rate this event will run at 36 frames per second.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL8 Race date = Sunday 28-12-2014
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT) – Assemble in Chatroom
Track the Moon
Race length = 24 Laps
Variant = 1965
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time =20 minutes
Password = will be announced on the night.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 11:29:26 PM +0000 by Billy Nobrakes » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 12:14:45 AM +0000 »

Lots of fun. Felt crap, drove crap but had a blast.

Happy Crimbo!

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 12:52:07 AM +0000 »

Congrats Mark and Axel! You've trained me well on this track. That was some good racing. Very fun!

That was a real exciting first 5 laps. I was in good shape tailing Mark and Rob. Once Axel closed in on us, two elves were more than I could handle. Rob got out of shape and I couldn't slow enough to miss him. My apologies Rob for the contact. I was afraid to close the door on Axel so I was going to try run a wide line through that turn. I wasn't sure where you were Axel.

I let my mind wander later, thinking about the gap to the leaders. I ran wide on one turn and then spun a turn later. Sad

I was very confused near the end of the race. I thought Dean's name showed in prib on my distance board? He never got on the track? When I first saw Rob's car near the end, I looked at prib to see who it was. My mind is screwed or I saw Dean's name in green. So I thought Rob was Dean a lap down. Explains why he was so strong and so difficult to lap now that I realize it was actually Rob lol Thanks for letting me by Rob! I sure thought Dean waited until the last moment to let me by. I wouldn't have tried to pass at that point if I hadn't mistaken who I was actually passing. I put you in the same spot as Axel did me. Do you close the door or not? Had you taken your normal line I was prepared for it. The champion gets no respect? I guess if I'm going to pick on somebody, it might as well be one of the best. Smiley

I paid too much attention to prib when I spun by myself and not enough when I was catching Rob near the end. I like using it, especially the distance board, since we have no peripheral eyesight. Its' distraction tempts me to turn it off, even though I don't look at it much. I never looked at it the first 5 laps. It wasn't until lap 10 that I looked at my tire temps. It was a lap or two after I first saw Rob before I noticed in prib that Rob was behind me although I had actually passed him! Being scatterbrained can be hilarious at times.

Thanks guys! I appreciate it.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Mark Jones

Calm like a Bomb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 02:55:48 AM +0000 »

Fun and crazy race!  My BRM was working well, but started to understeer a little once the tyres got hot.  Axel got past and I couldn't quite get him back, despite two attempts at it.  Left by himself he then spun off  Smiley

Sorry to Robert who I spun in front of trying to get past Axel.  Santas win!

These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:26:40 AM +0000 »

"Fun and crazy race!"
Yes, I confirm  Grin

I had the contrary with my tyres, had to wait some laps until they got perfect, I knew there will something happen in front...
When Greg and Rob came together Mark was my target. I saw him getting problems with the tyres...

After Marks hairy overtaking by outbraking attempt I should have had a save gap to roll home
BUT
my mind wandered to other things and I lost it...

Hope to see you all at Spa67 on Tuesday for a revanche Grin

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 01:33:46 PM +0000 »

Race started fun first laps, until I outbraked myself, and Greg couldn't avoid me. Then chasing back to the leaders but chose the wrong side trying to avoid Mark, had to reset and wasn't a match for Greg at that point so had to settle for 4th...

Was fun for most of the race, great job Mark, Axel and Greg, and congrats Santa! Smiley

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 11:29:31 PM +0000 »

I haven't calculated the actual scores but Chief Elf officially declares Santa the winner. Thanks to Ronnie for stepping in as the chap in the red suit.

This track is a bit crazy & even I'm not sure that anyone had an incident free race. It is. however, ideal for a fun event.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 05:26:16 PM +0000 »

Thanks for organising the event Billy.
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:45:34 PM +0000 »

This one was good fun at the time, shame it all looks the same when you go off the cliff!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com