Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 10:06:21 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Goodwood: January 13, 2015
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Goodwood - Jan 13  (Read 4421 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 10, 2015, 10:50:18 PM +0000 »

1965 Mod – 50th Anniversary Cup –Goodwood

The action keeps coming. The third event in the 50th Anniversary Cup for the 1965 mod will be at Goodwood. A great track, still preserved today as it was when grand prix cars last raced in anger in 1965. Goodwood does have a glitch which can cause multiple discos but I think it worth the risk.

The series is open to anyone who wishes to enter. Please check IGOR before joining the race. If there are two servers then “Pros” drivers will drive on UKGPL8 – with no restrictions on chassis. Amateur drivers can join UKGPL9. Borderline drivers can join either grid but are asked to take the restricted chassis (Honda, Cooper or BT7) on the Ams grid. Ideally we would like an equal spread of drivers on each grid but there are no strict rules. If a second grid is opened then Ams drivers will score points separately. If there is one server then Pro drivers choice of chassis is restricted as below.

We will use the 60fpsV2newmod for the whole of the mini-series.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

The race will be run under INT rules. A maximum of one reset is allowed, followed by a compulsory stop and go in the pits. Reported incidents will be moderated (in accordance with UKGPL rules) there is no “red zone” moderation.

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used. You need a working installation of the 65 mod to install the 2.02 Update.

If there is only one grid:
Pro drivers are requested not to use the Lotus, Ferrari, BRM or BT11 for any race.
Pro drivers are not prohibited from using the faster cars  but they won't score championship points if they do.
After 3 rounds, the top three drivers in the championship may be restricted to the BT7 & the Cooper (no Honda) for the two last races. (Depends on what the table looks like).
Points will be awarded according to the original 1965 system, 9 points for the winner, 6 for second, 4 for third, 3 for fourth, 2 for fifth & 1 for sixth.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8 [Optionally 2nd grid on UKGPL_9]
IP address = TBA
Race date = Tuesday 13-01-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = goodwood
Race length = 30 laps
Variant = 1965
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 08:39:38 AM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2015, 07:19:58 PM +0000 »

And here is today's history lesson.  It was here at Goodwood, no actually, over there at the slight right kink, before the left hook of St Mary's, where one of racing's greats fought his final F1 yard, but not against St Mary!  Stirling Moss' throttle stuck open, but the bank remained closed.  His car became a green banana as he slipped into unconsciousness.  It was 1962 and his car was a similar spec. to ours.  Those wishing to imitate a banana, try kinking though that there without lifting. Shocked
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 07:23:03 PM +0000 by maddog » Logged
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2015, 08:21:42 PM +0000 »

And here is today's history lesson.  It was here at Goodwood, no actually, over there at the slight right kink, before the left hook of St Mary's, where one of racing's greats fought his final F1 yard, but not against St Mary!  Stirling Moss' throttle stuck open, but the bank remained closed.  His car became a green banana as he slipped into unconsciousness.  It was 1962 and his car was a similar spec. to ours.  Those wishing to imitate a banana, try kinking though that there without lifting. Shocked

I remember watching it on the newsreel at the local cinema + it was in all the papers  Cheesy
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2015, 09:24:23 PM +0000 »

3 Seperate screen freezes during practice - coudn't be bothered trying again Sad

Good luck everyone that perseveres
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2015, 09:29:44 PM +0000 »

Despite the 60fps applied,was impossible for me to drive with6-13 fps.
Not understood why.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2015, 09:45:37 PM +0000 »

3 screen freezes during qualy did not bode well and so it was that I got a screen freeze in the race. Good luck anyone still running.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2015, 10:00:17 PM +0000 »

Had two screenfreezes in quali, plus a lot of traffic that prevented me to get a low 19. After start had to lift to avoid Clive in T1, and after that went off with others later that lap. Fell back to 10th or so but was already fighting for 5th with Doni I think after some laps, after a lot of excitement and carnage...then another screenfreeze...

But already knew this track isn't reliable from previous experiences...shame, because it's such a fun track to race...good luck to the rest Wink

PS: not sure Francesco, how much FPS with 36?

Driving for Antipasti Racing

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2015, 10:04:58 PM +0000 »

2 SF's 1x qual 1 x race

Although my fr was rock solid @ 60.1 fps the screen was "dithering" as if the gpu couldn't draw the graphics fast enough to keep up . if that makes sense to anyone ?

A real pity cos I was just getting in the groove to chase Billy down when it froze  Grin

Grtas to all who did good  Smiley
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2015, 10:12:14 PM +0000 »

Normally,if i join a 36 FPS with the 60 applied becomes a disaster(experienced in F2).I don't know the inverse.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2015, 10:16:09 PM +0000 »

Normally,if i join a 36 FPS with the 60 applied becomes a disaster(experienced in F2).I don't know the inverse.

You're right, but I meant without 60fps patch offline/training (36fps). If you will have normal 36fps, then there must be something wrong with your settings at 60fps...

Driving for Antipasti Racing

dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2015, 10:20:57 PM +0000 »

Had a screen freeze/lockup in qually with 22:41 left on the session.
Another screen freeze/lockup in the race with 3 laps to go.

Only just machine running GPL again today & maybe I need to tweak some settings,  but with all the shimmering,  hard to believe 60FPS is easier on the eyes compared to old school Smiley  Otherwise,  not really aware of any drastic frame drops.

Still, good to be out there.  Shame none of my new PBs will amount to anything!

Cheers,
Dave.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:22:51 PM +0000 by dave curtis » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2015, 10:26:29 PM +0000 »

Had a screen freeze/lockup in qually with 22:41 left on the session.
Another screen freeze/lockup in the race with 3 laps to go.

Only just machine running GPL again today & maybe I need to tweak some settings,  but with all the shimmering,  hard to believe 60FPS is easier on the eyes compared to old school Smiley  Otherwise,  not really aware of any drastic frame drops.

Still, good to be out there.  Shame none of my new PBs will amount to anything!

Cheers,
Dave.

Yes, you will have to do some tuning, I hope the Nvidia user will help you Wink

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2015, 10:43:13 PM +0000 »

If you will have normal 36fps, then there must be something wrong with your settings at 60fps...
But the last time at Siracusa was all OK.
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2015, 09:36:37 AM +0000 »

After the shutdown of the PC, i have found a big update.Strange update since the XP is no longer supported by Microsoft AFAIK.
Could be possible that a download have interfered with the race?This could be an explanation of my low FPS ,omitting all the freezing problem found by others players.    

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2015, 09:47:40 AM +0000 »

First of all, a plea to whoever is the genius at sorting problem tracks, maybe the overworked Ginetto?

Please, please , please put Goodwood on the list of tracks to fix. This track always generates great races, it is relatively simple, but has enough technical bits that challenge drivers if you are at 100% and last nights race was shaping up to be another epic.

Instead, I wake up this morning feeling that I won by cheating, and that I was myself cheated of some fantastic racing.

Qually was very tight with about 5 cars close to the lap record for Goodwood. I thought that I had just about sneaked onto pole like a retired Waza should, when Iestyn put in a banzai lap to snatch it from me. From what I could gather about 6-7 drivers vanished in one episode and that gifted me 1st place with a huge gap back to the next car.

I almost crashed out myself at the chicane as I was looking for all the missing cars in my mirrors!!   Shocked

For the rest of the race  I was fannying about trying different braking points and lines with the intention of going for a fast lap at the end. But it transpired that I had put in a bout 3 galls extra of fuel and maybe that was what cost me the few tenths of pace thatI needed.

Grats to all those who did finish and commiserations to those who got booted.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2015, 09:56:22 AM +0000 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com