Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 05:26:28 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Kyalami: January 20, 2015
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Kyalami - Jan 20  (Read 5155 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: January 15, 2015, 11:20:22 PM +0000 »

1965 Mod – 50th Anniversary Cup – Kyalami

For the penultimate round of this series we move to the southern hemisphere & a Papyrus original track at Kyalami. I’m sure most of you will have heard this before – UKGPL run the version with the metal Armco along the pitwall. This makes the pit entry very tricky.

The series is open to anyone who wishes to enter. Due to popular demand we will be running two servers & free choice of car for everyone.

We will use the 60fpsV2newmod for the whole of the mini-series.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

The race will be run under INT rules. A maximum of one reset is allowed, followed by a compulsory stop and go in the pits. Reported incidents will be moderated (in accordance with UKGPL rules) there is no “red zone” moderation.

65 Patch: The 2.02 Release of the 65mod can and should be used. You need a working installation of the 65 mod to install the 2.02 Update.

2 servers / 2 grids . Pros can drive anything they like on UKGPL9. Ams should join UKGPL8.
Pro drivers are requested not to use the Lotus, Ferrari, BRM or BT11.
Pro drivers are not prohibited from using the faster cars but they won't score championship points if they do.

Points will be awarded according to the original 1965 system, 9 points for the winner, 6 for second, 4 for third, 3 for fourth, 2 for fifth & 1 for sixth.
The Pros & Ams are being scored separately.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8 & UKGPL9
IP address = UKGPL8: 77.2.182.119, UKGPL9: 37.157.48.87
Race date = Tuesday 20-01-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Papyrus original
Race length = 28 laps
Variant = 1965
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = minimum of 30 minutes
Replay = you will get here
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:33:19 PM +0000 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 10:37:13 PM +0000 »

Absolutely cracking race - qualified 3rd and then missed the start because the Dog wanted some attention so started biting my leg  surrender

Started from the pit lane only for the game to declare me a lap down at the start! and then fought my way right the way back up to 4th.
I honestly think that was some of my best ever driving in a 65 - certainly in the Ferrari as I'd never really 'clicked' with them previously, even after forcing myself to run one all through season (25?).

2 apologies to make though from the evening.
First is to everyone who was confused over the backmarker charging through the back and fighting for position - hopefully you see why now.
And a big sorry to Clive for the dive into T1 - I hadn't planned on passing you there but really wasn't ready for you to brake so hard so early. Rather than rear end you I dived right, closed my eyes, and hoped you'd seen me. I'm glad that it panned out as the battle that then ensued was a corker!

If a mod could check the replay and re-instate me that would also be grand Wink euro
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 10:37:56 PM +0000 »

Demoralized!Despite Curtis at the start,i was able to gain the third postion.Mantained till 22 lapsand than the engine.If i'm the last,like in Siracusa,no problem with the engine but this time.......
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 11:05:35 PM +0000 »

I'd be more at home on the Ams server tonight, felt like I was pushing the BT11 too hard and spun multiple times but had no pace in the car. More testing required.

My 60fps experience was somewhat better than previous events in terms of actually attaining 60fps, however at times when it kept dropping it gave me a very erratic frameskip on occasion. In previous events the framerate has been around 36-45fps on average, but Kyalami looked barren to me...

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 11:20:43 PM +0000 »

By my rough calculations, we have a three-way tie for the championship lead. On 18 points are Raoni and Rob, both with two wins, and me, with two seconds, a third, and a fifth. Following are:

Iestyn 16
Clive 12
Doni 8
Greg 7
Cookie 7
Angex 7
FMG 7*
Baab 6
KingHiro 3
Arf^3 3
Turkey Machine 2

*if Kya results are adjusted to place FMG 4th. Angex, Arf^3 and Cookie would lose one point each in that case.

So five drivers are in with a shot at the title at the finale in Killarney. I'd better go practice!  laugh
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 11:22:38 PM +0000 by DLogan » Logged
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 11:34:59 PM +0000 »

Unfortunately a small grid for Ams this time.

I was really struggling in qually;  was lucky to have got into 1:26 territory.
I'd have been last for sure, except Rog didn't post a time.

As a result,  when I seemed to make a good start - I went with it.
Unfortunately,  didn't see the large gap was in fact getting narrower & narrower;  so apologies for that.

Fabio & Bastian were away up the front.  Was able to at least keep them in sight for a while,  but too many spins by me & they were too fast.   Once Bastian had his mishaps & was at the back of the field;   it seemed that Fabio just controlled the gap & eased away further into the distance.

It all seemed to settle down after the first few laps & result was a lonely run until the end.

Overall, too much contact/too many spins.  This series was partly to test the 60FPS experience/including crash boxes right?  There was other close/too close running out there;  maybe with 36FPS crash boxes;  there would have been some extremely sky-bound vehicles...

Cheers,
Dave.
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 11:40:22 PM +0000 »

Congrats to Fabio, Dave C. and Bastian!

This race has been my favorite so far this year. The lotus was very good here. It was good on the brakes into turn one. Also, the good brakes made it possible to follow very closely to other cars. However, I made several errors while leading a group of cars. I ran wide in turn two while in front of Rog on two three different occasions. Twice I caused Rog to go off track. So I would like to apologize for that. I'll try to keep it clean next time. I enjoyed battling with everyone. Well everyone except Fabio because he was too quick.  laugh Then at the end, I saw Fran coming off of pit lane, and it made me push a little harder to stay in front. I was able to catch Rog for a battle on the last lap. Then I gave you a bump on the last corner on the last lap. I was relieved that I didn't cause another incident.

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:22:06 PM +0000 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2015, 12:14:42 AM +0000 »

Quali was good with a PR, with a bit of tow from Tim, just beating Uli's UKGPL laprecord. However Iestyn got a good tow from me and he went also into the 23's.

The race went like expected -Iestyn all over me-, and started pushing more and making more little mistakes and overheating my rears. Was lucky to hold on to the lead after a halfspin out of Clubhouse Bend. Dean closed up when Iestyn and I were fighting. Finally after about 8 laps I braked too late and went in too hot at Crowthorne Corner, Iestyn under me, but he hits the kerb, and I still have trackposition. But went in too fast again in Barbeque Bend with hot rear tires, and just could save it out of a spin, altho losing the lead to Dean, as Iestyn spun over the kerb at the inside...

Dean must have laughed. However closed up with Dean and just could manage an inside (block)pass after a few laps. Pushed for some laps and created a gap that I could manage to the end.

Great race early on, and also learnt a couple of things again. Great racing Iestyn and Dean, well deserved podium. Smiley Also congrats to Fabio, Dave and Bastian in the Ams race and Walt for his fast lap! Smiley
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:18:15 AM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

NHance

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 08:18:49 PM +0000 »

Only my second race with 60fps & can't say it made much difference so in view of what is said above is it worth changing if it's affecting some competitors. The race itself was ok. Kept catching Jethro when he had one of his "moments" but then had one or two of my own so never really made a race of it. Most satisfying was that 2 of my last 3 laps were the fastest 2 I did all night. Haven't  played GPL much since last season ended so was not aware of these races until I happened to look at the web site on Monday. Glad I did.

Norm H     
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 09:09:49 PM +0000 »

Cool
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 09:12:19 PM +0000 by Ronniepeterson » Logged
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 09:35:18 PM +0000 »

In the absence of a Killarney thread and any GPLRank guidance, I'll just mention that I've done a 1:22.14 after a dozen laps in the Ferrrrrrari (Brands67 setup, tweaked gearing).
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 10:41:33 PM +0000 »

In the absence of a Killarney thread and any GPLRank guidance, I'll just mention that I've done a 1:22.14 after a dozen laps in the Ferrrrrrari (Brands67 setup, tweaked gearing).

Thanks - good to hear;  I was hoping it would not end up to be some Dundrod monster!
Hopefully will get it downloaded later in the week for a test.   Hopefully looking for a 1:40 as a startpoint then...
Ams - how are you coming along so far?  Smiley

Cheers,
Dave.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 11:59:31 PM +0000 »

Killarney thread now created.

Need to work on the set-up a little more but experimental laps were 1.27. Lap record is shown as 1.25 by Jim Clark - assume that was a Lotus 33.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2015, 07:23:35 PM +0000 »

Tried to weave through the start carnage only to shunt Billy and Walter sorry guys, had some nice close racing with Walter, no probs running 60 fps nice and smooth.
Grats to Fabio on win
Grats to Podium
il_lupo_mannaro

Ciao, Sic! #58

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2015, 07:58:55 PM +0000 »

I guess it was my best race so far!
It could have been my first hat trick too, but Walter didn't agree... censored
Grats to everybody raced.
See you soon
Cheers

fL