Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
April 19, 2024, 07:52:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
Forthcoming
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Killarney: January 25, 2015
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Killarney - Jan 25  (Read 8945 times)
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 12:32:31 AM +0000 »

Congrats to Hristo on the win!  Nice recovery there, bud!

Ditto for Robert & Iestyn!

A miserable time for me.  I had connection issues for no discernible reason but finally managed to log on to the server.  Should have taken the hint and left the BT11 in the shop!  Apologies for bumping H on the opening round as he recovered and moments later, I clipped Jethro sending him off the road.  BAH! 
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: January 26, 2015, 12:59:22 AM +0000 »

Thanks all, but I should be the one apologizing! I simply forgot to install the flagman patch posted by Axel, and I realized too late that the flagman I was seeing on my left on the start was never going to move. Tried to move the car when I saw the others behind accelerating, but it was too late - sorry! It's a shame, especially for Tristan, because I was looking forward to racing with him, as we had almost equal time in Qualifying. I had a feeling he was slightly faster, but you never know in a race.

After I recovered, it was a race of two parts, more or less. First part was going through the field, battling a lot of cars, rearending Andreas by misjudging braking points (sorry), challenging for the lead and getting re-passed by Bob on the outside going into T1 (how did you do that?!  Grin), but then retaking the lead after he made a mistake. Second part was having Rob following within 1 second and both of us trading tenths here and there, without anyone gaining permanent advantage, until the end of the race where I managed to break away enough so that there was no more risk of providing Rob any slipstream.

I really enjoyed this one-off 60 fps race in the 65 cars, and apart from the start mayhem, it was really respectful racing by everyone, leaving room and hard, but clean battles, so congrats on that everyone! I may join another such non-championship race in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 01:01:51 AM +0000 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2015, 08:34:47 AM +0000 »

Thank you Fran for the Track! Very challenging, and I started to really enjoy lapping here. 

Thanks ,but i failed this first race on my track.The  default setup 
immediately put me out of the race.Anyway i looked some laps after my retreat and i have seen Grupp,Nickx and also you sometime into the green.
Seem easy to fail the speed entrance of some curve.For me was thery easy to fail the entrance of the 5th curve,that is immediately before the last curve that go to the straight.Axel say that the track is too beta but I'd like to repeat a race.

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2015, 09:02:26 AM +0000 »

Fran this is a great track, with the layout it gives us great racing and fun.
We are happy to have such guys, able to give us new tracks.
I would love to add it to our regular schedule.

But most of the drivers had freezes one ore more times, I had another one in qualification and had to restart my PC.
I also have the problem that I cannot leave the wheel driving a long straight, I have to correct multiple tramway effects.

Maybe you can have a look with Ginetto what causes these things Smiley

You would make us even happier if you can make a final revisited version with a flagman out of the box and reduced freezes.

PS
Maybe tramway feelings have to do with effects on the FFB?

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2015, 11:10:08 AM +0000 »

PS

It's not the FFB for sure, it's the lines that define altitude changes along the track surface, they're probably not evened out. Many tracks have that and while it's not very realistic, it creates a nice challenge for setting up the car and trying to figure out the ideal line, which is not always what you would normally take on a smooth track.

Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2015, 02:09:42 PM +0000 »

PS

It's not the FFB for sure, it's the lines that define altitude changes along the track surface, they're probably not evened out. Many tracks have that and while it's not very realistic, it creates a nice challenge for setting up the car and trying to figure out the ideal line, which is not always what you would normally take on a smooth track.

I know where this effect comes from,
as I allready had a contact with Ginetto about "Road Ontario" wich is worse and IMO undriveable for GT's.
But a good FFB let you feel this probably more as without FFB Roll Eyes

But in our case we have the author and this could be healed  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2015, 04:31:39 PM +0000 »

Sorry for the tap Ronnie.

No problem Dean, you don't get close racing without the occasional contact (that is not an invitation for everyone to clobber me but hopefully you know what I mean). Thanks to yourself, Dave and Arf for some great racing.

Congrats to the podium of Hristo (great to see you back on track with us), Rob and Iestyn.

But the biggest thanks are for Fran. A great track which provided some excellent racing throughout the field. I thought the uneven surface added to the challenge. I for one hope the issues of screen freezes and a permanent fix for the flagman can be resolved because it would be a shame not to use this track again. Great work Fran.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2015, 05:45:24 PM +0000 »

So...  This track features traces throughout the racing surface?  No wonder my ride was acting like a bucking bronco.  I found it near-impossible to cope with.  Reminded me of the final corner at Bridgehampton.  YUK!  Sad
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2015, 06:07:09 PM +0000 »

...I cannot leave the wheel driving a long straight, I have to correct multiple tramway effects...

I didn't notice that so much as that the car felt quite strange in a few corners (T1 esp.), had to be extremely gentle on the throttle or it was opposite lock time (or worse, hunting between oppo and normal). Is that also the traces or just lower grip asphalt or what, because I was using a Brands setup that normally will just drift all the day long with very easy and predictable transitions, but here there was no relaxing at all.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2015, 06:45:26 PM +0000 »

But in our case we have the author and this could be healed  Wink

I fear it may make the track too easy if the surface is made perfectly smooth. It's interesting at the moment because you can't just use the whole track width and push to the limit, making it feel like there are puddles, mud, holes etc. on the road, which you have to avoid or be careful going over them. Maybe cure T1 only.  Grin

It's the same as Bridgehampton as Doni just mentioned. I guess it's a problem in some cars, can't really judge it having only driven in the BT11 yesterday.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 06:47:02 PM +0000 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Baab

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 26, 2015, 07:17:16 PM +0000 »

challenging for the lead and getting re-passed by Bob on the outside going into T1 (how did you do that?!  Grin)

don't know...you were the only one I got close to racing for more than a few corners, so perhaps I was reasonably strong into there.  I was surprised you braked earlier, but then I had the optimal line.

After praccy I knew where to look for the flag man and managed to navigate most of the carnage with only a small tap to Tris (I think) and headed off down the road behind another Brab.  I was please that it was Arf that I was following, a couple of corners later I was through and started to build a lead.  Sorry to say it but it was somewhat comforting for a while to see the Aliens several positions further behind Wink.  By the time I saw H had taken 2nd on prib I had a 13 second lead and for a lap or two I reckoned this may have been enough.  However, I made a few small errors running wide onto the grass which saw my gap shrink to about 9 secs, then I spun.  Rejoining slightly in-front of H he challenged me at the end of the back straight but I manged to hold him off.  However, I knew this couldn't last and after a brief battle I spun again and rejoined 4th.  Had fun though!

I found the tramlining a bit tricky to begin with but got used to it as the race went on so that I barely noticed it at the end!  Thanks for the track Fran.

Bob.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 26, 2015, 07:18:12 PM +0000 »

Had it in Honda too Roll Eyes

If you try it with GT40 MK4 it gets worse...

Axel "Cookie"

Baab

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 26, 2015, 07:21:19 PM +0000 »

Can someone upload a replay, forgot to save mine
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 26, 2015, 07:43:29 PM +0000 »

Should be a server replay in the first post Bob. Smiley

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 26, 2015, 07:59:41 PM +0000 »

Should be a server replay in the first post Bob. Smiley

There isn't.

Server replay is here.

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print