Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 04:58:58 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Killarney: January 25, 2015
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Killarney - Jan 25  (Read 8860 times)
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2015, 08:19:23 PM +0000 »

Whoops, thanks for covering me! Roll Eyes

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Baab

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2015, 08:42:22 PM +0000 »

Thanks Rob and...ahem Jethro!
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2015, 10:17:00 PM +0000 »

Dean...

No, there is no alteration in the grip levels.  The standard 'tarmac' mapping texture(dark grey)is used throughout.  I ran a test lap through GPLRA before the race and noticed no changes in texture.  I've just run another lap through GPLRA again from the server replay to confirm.  Use of the slippery 'concrete' texture(light grey)would have been easily apparent.  Load up a lap of LeMans Bugatti in GPLRA to see what I mean and note the colour change starting and finishing the Bugatti variation.  That colour change indicates a switch from tarmac to concrete and vice versa.  The rock & roll at Killarney is strictly due to variations in side-to-side elevation changes which, to my knowledge, can only be achieved by using traces(they run parallel to the centreline of the track)within the track boundaries.  This is not recommended in the literature I've read unless the author is looking to achieve a particular result(ie, the Karussel at the Nurb).  Perhaps Fran could confirm here the use of traces within the track boundaries as it would explain much.

A lack of perceived traction in T1 could also be the result of a little negative camber dialed into the build.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2015, 12:04:55 AM +0000 »

The numpty bit first - from the track directory I downloaded the Killarne.ZIP & installed from there - ignoring the "gpltrackinstalkillarney" file. As per Cookie' post I also install the 3 add on files (copied them into the track folder - although didn't really notice much difference).
From the start I could see a flagman - but he didn't have a flag. Not a major problem as I got away without losing a place.

Generally I quite like the track - no problem to race here again. No screen freeze at any stage. The grip did seem a bit lacking in some corners but it was the same for everyone. No complaints there.
I had expected a 1.24 to be reasonably competitive for the Ams but had to pull out all the stops with a 1.23.8 in qually to avoid the back row. About as good as it got as the field was gradually pulling away from me through the race.

Been quite a fun series, with races in quick succession.  Will get the final results published - fairly soon.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2015, 09:23:03 AM +0000 »

You would make us even happier if you can make a final revisited version with a flagman out of the box and reduced freezes.
OK Axel i can ask to Ginetto if there is something to do.I never had freezing problem with this track(until now)anyway i ask to the expert.
For sure is not a work of few days, also  because i have forgotten all about track development.Aftre the work on the canam66 cars and Surfer Paradise,i have done nothing.About the tarmac "grip"I can confirm that is not determined by the color  but by a number used for the grip and i have used always the same number.The green have a very low grip,so when the curve is failed the car go anyway.Maybe could be possible to change the grip of the green immediately near to the tarmac but i don't know if this is a good thing.
About FFB.I don't feel the effect that you say but i use FFB2.The effect of the "tramway" or little jump is intentional in Sebring.I feel nothing also in Sebring but Ginetto say that is due to the use of FFB2.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:29:46 AM +0000 by francesco » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2015, 09:35:35 AM +0000 »

About FFB.I don't feel the effect that you say but i use FFB2.The effect of the "tramway" or little jump is intentional in Sebring.I feel nothing also in Sebring but Ginetto say that is due to the use of FFB2.

I use FFB2 too Fran.  Wink
As there is no better FFB...

« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 09:42:15 AM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2015, 09:52:18 AM +0000 »

About the tramway effect,
I succeeded in reducing it making the steering more direct by less toe-in/out on the front axle Wink

Axel "Cookie"

Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2015, 01:23:04 PM +0000 »

Hi, Fran.  Thanks for that post.

My reference to the 'colour' of the roadway is just how it's graphically rendered in either GPLRA or the track building programme, GPLTrk.  I understand that surface #1 is tarmac(normal grip; shown as dark grey); surface #2 is concrete(less so; shown as light grey).

Could you confirm or dismiss my belief that there are traces inside the track/roadway boundaries and that they have been set to generate what Axel refers to as the 'tramway' effect?  Thanks, again.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2015, 04:55:32 PM +0000 »

I'm 100% sure it's the traces and not the surface changing grip in any way. Seen it on too many tracks by now, plus I've done it myself when I was doing some track editing long ago. It's easy to fix, but tedious and slow. As it is at the moment, it adds a nice extra challenge for the driver and the setup of the car, so if you smoothen it out, it may kill the track's character. The traces may be responsible for some of the screen freeze, if a track section doesn't connect on the same level to adjacent ones, so perhaps it's worth to check that as well.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2015, 10:03:48 AM +0000 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2015, 05:36:56 PM +0000 »

Could you confirm or dismiss my belief that there are traces inside the track/roadway boundaries and that they have been set to generate what Axel refers to as the 'tramway' effect?  Thanks, again.
Give me time to check because i done this track 6 years ago,now i'm a little "rusty",as we say in Italian.I remeber only a little misalignment after the third curve and nothig else.I don't have this "tramway" effect and also Axel say that if you change some parameter this effect desappear.
Anyway i check what could be improved but for sure need time.
About the freezing i'm not convinced that is due to the track,anyway ,also in this field,i will follow the suggestion of Ginetto.
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2015, 06:31:20 PM +0000 »

Quote from: Fran
Axel say that if you change some parameter this effect desappear

Not disappearing, but get better to handle!

Axel "Cookie"

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2015, 08:21:37 PM +0000 »

This track was an absolute joy to race on. Screen freezing issues for some apart, please don't change the nature and flow of its current form Fran. 
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2015, 11:26:25 PM +0000 »

This track was an absolute joy to race on. Screen freezing issues for some apart, please don't change the nature and flow of its current form Fran. 

I agree!
this track has great potential and is in revised version for shure in our favourites for track selection!

Axel "Cookie"

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2015, 09:02:56 PM +0000 »

I have found my old work on this track and ,after a check,i can say that there is no longitudinal gap on the straight.Ther is only a gap of -1(0,05mm) on the last bend.I think that is acceptable this little gap.I must check for the altitude but this is a longer work.
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2015, 08:36:23 AM +0000 »

Great track ! I really enjoyed the race ...until my steering wheel felt down from the table  Sad

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com