Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 04:50:54 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Monza: February 08, 2015
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Monza 10K - Feb 8  (Read 4762 times)
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2015, 10:42:07 PM +0000 »

sorry robert i hit lestyn and lost control myself....you did well.

I write some more tomorrow...to tired. gn8 all and thx for racing
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 10:54:12 PM +0000 »

No worries Bastian, just racing...it was Rusty Iesty taking the Fezza for a spin or two  Tongue You were carambole-aging between the armco's and hard to miss...

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2015, 11:04:01 PM +0000 »

Interesting Dave.. Greg drove the Ferrari when he started as he found that the most reliable. Brabham I know is best.. Honda blows if too hot, so Honda, Lotus, Eagle are the 'fragile' ones. BRM however I did blow up on the starting grid 1 year ago laugh.

Today.. took a setup off GPLTD, which meant I had to drive around it on bump rubbers and brake bias, leading to some offs. But a good race on the whole; sorry for spinning at Ascari, which led to Rob's exit from a good run in the tank (BRM). If it was a Brab, you definitely could have done some re-passing Tongue.

I practically let Ray by thinking he would blow past me in the Lotus, then realised he'd just done a shift-r and was heavy with fuel.. I couldn't then repass, as my car topped out at 195mph! 5th too short! A few times I was close to the fast lap by Cookie too, which made me push (and led to the Ascari spin Sad).

Last lap, I was right on Bob's tail, passed him into Banking 1, he passed back into Banking 2, and I was so close coming off it that I actually punted him out of it! Apologies.. I should have backed off a bit at the banking 'apex' and tried to then draft out, but I was throttling the red car for everything it was worth, as I knew it lacked top end. I was glad though that Bob could still fly across the line for 2nd (even if upside down) ahead of me! Andreas was a little behind us, so didn't pile into our wreckage, but it must have looked funny from his viewpoint as he closed in. Cheesy

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2015, 12:04:55 PM +0000 »

My Race was fun, but somehow also full of trouble.

I Avoided starts crashes for half a lap when i blew the engine shortly before pit entrance.
I Took my pit stop while shift-r. Is that allowed ?

Later i had some good racin when the incident with Iestyn and Robert happend. No shift r needed here.

In the pre last lap i was fighting with greg when we had an horrific accident. I took my second shift/r and got hit
without seeing anything. i was  so confused that I hit shift r again. later the lap i thought it was an illegal move so i just rolled
into finish slowly and let billy pass.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2015, 04:16:41 PM +0000 »

I practically let Ray by thinking he would blow past me in the Lotus, then realised he'd just done a shift-r and was heavy with fuel.. I couldn't then repass, as my car topped out at 195mph! 5th too short! A few times I was close to the fast lap by Cookie too, which made me push (and led to the Ascari spin Sad).

Having taken the Lotus I thought I would give everyone else a chance and filled up with the full 46gallons for the start. Still some, like yourself, seemed to struggle to keep up at times. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on your point of view she blew again and so I retired. Grats to yourself, Axel and Bob for the podium slots.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com