Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 11:46:17 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2867P Spa: March 08, 2015
March 08, 2015, 10:40:34 PM +0000 - Spa (1947-78) - UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Privateers Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 3:25.289
---
1 52:25.110
---
15 3:26.343
---
Firestone  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 2 +5.171
---
2 +1:34.195
---
15 3:28.727
---
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 6 +7.811
---
3 +1:58.231
---
15 3:32.397
---
Goodyear  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 8 +26.404
---
4 +2:45.172
---
15 3:34.546
---
Goodyear  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +1L
---
14 3:48.138
---
Firestone  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 4 +6.144
---
6 (+1) +7L
---
8 3:33.355
---
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +11L
---
4 3:52.406
---
Goodyear  
il_lupo_mannaro
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 7 +16.044
---
8 +14L
---
1 4:17.328
---
Goodyear  
bagrupp

Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +6.457
---
9 (+2) +41.766
---
1 5:00.540
---
Firestone  
Walter Conn
 WSL Racing Team
Honda RA300 F1 1967 10 +15L
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
bagrupp

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 3 +5.295
---
11 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
60fps UKGPL 8

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 12 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

SUMMARY

Axel "Cookie" Koch completes a hattrick in the first race of the season starting from Pole, leading all laps and setting the fastest lap. Despite going wide at La Source, needing a reset late race, Axel wins in dominant style with the Honda. Congratulations. Dave Rainier finishes 2nd in a Brabham and Billy Nobrakes completes the podium in an Eagle, also despite both needing a reset. Michael Turner finishes 4th and Dave Curtis -who had an engine problem almost whole race- was the last finisher 1 lap down. Francesco Molteni was the last points scorer in 6th as he retired after completing 8 laps.

The Red Zone was clean, well done, Walter disconnected sadly. There were some reported incidents and infractions of the rules.

IMPORTANT: can you all please use the correct (server) replay time formats when submitting incidents in the future. With incorrect and incomplete times it's hard for me to find the incidents. Please use the time format like 00m00s as an example...

Martin "Maddog" reports that Bastian Grupp sets times in two different chassis' in qualifying. Bastian stated he wasn't aware of the rule.

• bagrupp (Bastian Grupp)penalty — Simple Car Changing - Setting times in 2 different chassis — 2 places lost

Server replay time: 0h02m14s

Bastian reported he felt he was blocked and Fran was unaware of any wrongdoing.

Bastian has more momentum out of Malmedy on Lap 1 following Francesco. Fran slightly moves to the middle at the straight after, that catches out Bastian who has to lift. Seconds later towards Masta, at 2m18s Bastian makes a move and has the slightest of overlap. Francesco moves over to claim the racing line without regard of Bastian at 2m27s. Bastian has again to lift to avoid a collision, and misses the line at Masta kink and spins. On a sidenote, in the aftermath also Fabio hits Bastian, Fabio was loose exiting Masta and couldn't avoid him. Michael Turner also spins out of Masta towards Bastian.

There was no contact between Fran and Bastian so the only rule that covers it is Blocking and Weaving.

This is covered in bullet points 5 and 6 under general at https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/etiquette. There is a link to some screen shots Phil has put in for this season describing what overlap is.

Consider bullet point 5 "Blocking is not allowed, but defensive driving is allowed. If a driver moves off the racing line before the car behind attempts to overtake, this is defensive driving. If they move off the racing line after the car behind has started to move across to overtake, this is blocking. If a driver is driving defensively they may move off the line and back onto it only once per straight/section."

One of the reasons for this rule is to prevent weaving in an effort to stop a following car slipstreaming. Hence the statement "If a driver is driving defensively they may move off the line and back onto it only once per straight/section".

The key to this, is on the approach to Masta, who moved first? If Fran moved first, it was defensive driving and hence he did nothing wrong because he only "moved off the line and back onto it once". If not it is blocking "If they move off the racing line after the car behind has started to move across to overtake, this is blocking".

Bastian makes his move at 2m18s. This was a long time before Fran makes his move 9s later at 2m27. So Fran did block Bastian.

The penalty guidelines are at https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/blocking_weaving (read the definitions in the first paragraph especially the "5 car lengths")

Did Bastian have a chance to change his line once he was blocked? The moderators don't think so, there was no time to try to overtake Fran on the inside so:

Francesco - Simple Blocking/Weaving: Penalty 1 Place: The blocking driver changed his line ONCE in RESPONSE to the following car's movement and AFTER the following car was committed to his line. No contact is made.

Server replay time: 0h04m58s

Michael Turner did not come to a full stop at his Stop & Go after resetting.

Server replay time: 0h14m12s

Bernie spins out of La Carriere after hitting the grass inside, and spins back on the racing line. Bernie was out of control and him ending up there was rather unfortunate. He tried to recover but ran out of time.

Fran got a very brief yellow flag, but Bernie sitting there was unfortunate, and Fran can't be blamed for hitting Bernie. Racing Incident.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Privateers Trophy (67) - Spa - Mar 8  (Read 5119 times)
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 02, 2015, 11:08:49 PM +0000 »

Season 28 Privateers Trophy - Round 1 - Spa Francorchamps

The original triangular shaped course, which was designed in 1920 by Jules de Their and Henri Langlois Van Ophem, used public roads between the towns of Spa, Malmedy and Stavelot.  The course was extremly fast and was made even faster in 1939 with the introduction of the famous Eau Rouge section.  The circuit was completely revised and shortened for the 1981 Belgian Grand Prix but it is the faster 8.761 mile version of the track that we will use for this race.

The 8.761 mile version of the circuit was used between 1946 and 1970 and whilst corners like Eau Rouge, Burnenville and particularly Masta; presented the drivers with exceptional challenges the circuit was very dangerous and claimed the lives of many drivers.

Please note: We will not use the original Papyrus version of the circuit, we will use the version released in December 2014 by the Spa67 Team.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP = 95.114.59.201
Race date = Sunday 08-03-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Spa67 (add-on)
Race length = 15 Laps (50 minutes)
Variant = 1967
60fps patch used   = 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 30 minutes

Replays Available here

Driver lists and token rules can be found on the championship standings page

The full time drivers can start to practice as soon as the server is available.  Reserve drivers can also join as soon as the server becomes available but must leave the server with 35 minutes of qualifying left, for a total of 5 minutes; this will allow any remaining full timers to join.  If there is enough space on the grid, the reserve drivers will be able to rejoin when there are 30 mins of qualifying left.  

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated for lap 1 only. For this event the red zone will be from the start to the exit of Les Combes on the first lap. Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers will be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely.  If you haven't received a PM about an incident before the link below the results table is removed, you can be sure that you will not appear in the moderator's report.

The chassis token system is explained on the Privateers standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 06:32:24 PM +0000 by Robert Fleurke » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2015, 08:04:28 PM +0000 »

As long as IGOR racelist is down you can join via IP to UKGPL_8 !

IP = 95.114.59.201

Practice will start at 20:45 UK-time, see you in IGOR chatroom
« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 08:21:50 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2015, 09:40:55 PM +0000 »

I was able to join, but unfortunately I had a screen freeze exiting Eau Rouge right after the start of the race. I'm not too disappointed though, I was unable to practice before hand, and I did not know that I would be able to race until the last minute. Hopefully everyone else will have better luck.

Cheers,
Walter

Sunday Driver
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2015, 09:43:17 PM +0000 »

Bit disappointing. Soon as I put 60fpsv2Newmod on GPL crashes as soon as I hit the green button. Only happens in 67. 65 and 66 are OK.

Anyone got any idea?

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2015, 09:46:24 PM +0000 »

thanks very much fran, for blocking me off on the straight after being that much faster.
Since we not raced often yet and its not the first time i will consider youre style of driving when you' re behind me.

after being blocked i took a bad line through masta and crashed. my engine got a punsh and died later to fuel leak.

See you next time.
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2015, 09:55:13 PM +0000 »

Bit disappointing. Soon as I put 60fpsv2Newmod on GPL crashes as soon as I hit the green button. Only happens in 67. 65 and 66 are OK.

Anyone got any idea?

Have you tried deleting gplc67.exe? Also, does it work offline?

Sunday Driver
Phil Thornton
UKGPL Consigliere
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2015, 10:01:38 PM +0000 »

Anyone got any idea?
Apart from it being a graphics issue, I can't offer an explanation.  I assume you have the 67 1.3 patch installed?  The only thing I can suggest is that there is something wrong with the player.ini file for your 67 player.  I use a different player for each of my mods and they all have graphics settings in the player.ini file.  If you have different players, copy the player.ini file from your 65 player to your 67 player.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2015, 10:16:45 PM +0000 »

Grats to Robert and Iestyn who were running away with the race when I quit.

I did better than I expected at Spa in the Cooper, it may not be fast but it was certainly stable and very driveable, but that cannot be said for my graphics Undecided

Barely 28fps on the grid and I did not see 40fps until all the cars in front had either crashed or I had managed to pass them!! Passing was a bit of a lottery, as what I was seeing was far from smooth.

Once I had a completely clear track the frame rate climbed to 50fps on the straight sections, but dipped through many of the corners. It was a momentary dip in frame rate through Malmedy that ended any hopes of tasting champagne and I tested the rear suspension against some haybales. After that the car was a nightmare through any right turn and I dare not apply any gas until the car had completely straightened up. I hope I stayed out of Tom and Doni's path as they  went past me.

I cruised on to complete 50% as there was no chance of impeding anyone else, just happy to collect a couple of points. Sad

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
bernie

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2015, 10:26:42 PM +0000 »

Apologies to Mr Moltini for the crash , I was trying to recover from my 21st spin when you came along , same to Axel and others for the close call , nothing i could do really .

I dont understand what was wrong with my car , I never could get a full lap in qually , in fact half the time I couldnt even get through Au rouge ! I found the BRM  almost undrivable with full tanks , spent the whole of qually trying to get the thing to go round corners , it was worst than any shopping trolly made at the Lada factory.

Had the same in off line practise pre race when I tried the lotus out,  again barely driveable , thought it was just me out of condition as hadnt driven the Lotus for ages , but now think its got to be an issue with the 60 fpsnewmod  somewhere .?

dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2015, 10:51:08 PM +0000 »

Initially, I thought maybe there was some mixed grid thing going on  laugh

Been at this track in other mods at (mostly) 60FPS;  but it was not happy tonight.

Was seeing around 32fps at times & a lot of trackside objects/armco/reference points were missing / buildings wireframes with just partial roof etc.
laggy & missing stuff;   also unable to drive for some reason.  Laughably,  the report claims I did 7 practice laps...  well,  I maybe left the pits 7 times.  I couldn't even make 1/2 a lap.

Used the spare car about 1minute in;  then apparently got an engine problem 3mins in.  I thought there was probably some top speed missing.  Still,  at least it gave me a little more thinking/worry time when those corners were coming up...
The lack of visible items made it 'interesting' when trying to find a gap go get back on the track.

Still,   managed to pootle round  (being rapidly caught when being lapped) & thanks to issues elsewhere in the grid;  ended up with a potential half decent finishing spot.  Not that I earned it;   but never mind.  

Cheers all & especially congrats to the podium.
Dave.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2015, 10:55:41 PM +0000 by dave curtis » Logged
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2015, 11:35:01 PM +0000 »

Thanks for the replies. I'll try the player.ini thing. Almost definitely graphics Sad - backup gplc67 doesn't work either.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2015, 06:59:51 AM +0000 »

Apologies to Mr Moltini for the crash , I was trying to recover from my 21st spin when you came along , same to Axel and others for the close call , nothing i could do really .
I was in my fantastic(for me)third position and I do not hide my disappointment for this incident but was not your intention to do this.Could happen.Your car was invisble until the last time and the speed was high,so was also impossible to avoid a hit.
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2015, 08:18:49 AM +0000 »

thanks very much fran, for blocking me off on the straight after being that much faster.
Since we not raced often yet and its not the first time i will consider youre style of driving when you' re behind me.

after being blocked i took a bad line through masta and crashed. my engine got a punsh and died later to fuel leak.

See you next time.
Frankly speaking i don't understand you.Are we in race or in taxi ?
I have manteined my best line of race not your best.Hope to find gentelman driver instead of one meditate revenge.Anyway you can submit your claims to the moderator.If is the case i can retire from the privaters instead to race with a person like you.
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2015, 09:31:58 AM +0000 »

it's not a question of driving "Kampflinie" -fighting line- as we say in german,
but if i miss a corner and have 20 km/h approx. less than the person directly behind me and there is a long straight i let him pass
and dont block the road in the middle. that is NO gentlemann driving.
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2015, 09:53:48 AM +0000 »

The new Spa 67 is a beautiful piece of track design but downright scary in the 67 cars. It gives a much better appreciation of what the drivers faced lining up on the grid 50 years ago & why it had such an appauling record for accidents.
I had quite a dilemma about choce of chassis. I couldn't get good top line speed out of the Brabham. The Eagle was much quicker but at such high speeds a tiny mistake would end in the shrubbery. Flat out I could manage a 3.27 but survival mode (with a chance of finishing) was 4/5 seconds slower.
I was rather surprised that hardly anyone picked a Lotus or Eagle. Cookie didn't need it & I guess other people were struggling with the track & didn't want to waste the tokens.
I drove a conservative race for the points (& a podium). Got a bit braver on Lap 11 &  used my reset.

All in all I do actually prefer the old Spa, the corners are a bit easier to handle & I think it makes for better racing.

Hope to be a bit more competitive next time out but can only afford tokens for a Cooper.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com