Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 10:33:43 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2867P Spa: March 08, 2015
March 08, 2015, 10:40:34 PM +0000 - Spa (1947-78) - UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Privateers Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 1 3:25.289
---
1 52:25.110
---
15 3:26.343
---
Firestone  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 2 +5.171
---
2 +1:34.195
---
15 3:28.727
---
Goodyear  
Billy Nobrakes
 Black Night Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 6 +7.811
---
3 +1:58.231
---
15 3:32.397
---
Goodyear  
Michael Turner
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 8 +26.404
---
4 +2:45.172
---
15 3:34.546
---
Goodyear  
dave curtis
 Black Night Racing
Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +1L
---
14 3:48.138
---
Firestone  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 4 +6.144
---
6 (+1) +7L
---
8 3:33.355
---
Goodyear  
bernie
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BRM P115 F1 1967 7 +11L
---
4 3:52.406
---
Goodyear  
il_lupo_mannaro
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 7 +16.044
---
8 +14L
---
1 4:17.328
---
Goodyear  
bagrupp

Honda RA300 F1 1967 5 +6.457
---
9 (+2) +41.766
---
1 5:00.540
---
Firestone  
Walter Conn
 WSL Racing Team
Honda RA300 F1 1967 10 +15L
---
0 ---
---
Firestone  
bagrupp

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 3 +5.295
---
11 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
60fps UKGPL 8

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 12 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

SUMMARY

Axel "Cookie" Koch completes a hattrick in the first race of the season starting from Pole, leading all laps and setting the fastest lap. Despite going wide at La Source, needing a reset late race, Axel wins in dominant style with the Honda. Congratulations. Dave Rainier finishes 2nd in a Brabham and Billy Nobrakes completes the podium in an Eagle, also despite both needing a reset. Michael Turner finishes 4th and Dave Curtis -who had an engine problem almost whole race- was the last finisher 1 lap down. Francesco Molteni was the last points scorer in 6th as he retired after completing 8 laps.

The Red Zone was clean, well done, Walter disconnected sadly. There were some reported incidents and infractions of the rules.

IMPORTANT: can you all please use the correct (server) replay time formats when submitting incidents in the future. With incorrect and incomplete times it's hard for me to find the incidents. Please use the time format like 00m00s as an example...

Martin "Maddog" reports that Bastian Grupp sets times in two different chassis' in qualifying. Bastian stated he wasn't aware of the rule.

• bagrupp (Bastian Grupp)penalty — Simple Car Changing - Setting times in 2 different chassis — 2 places lost

Server replay time: 0h02m14s

Bastian reported he felt he was blocked and Fran was unaware of any wrongdoing.

Bastian has more momentum out of Malmedy on Lap 1 following Francesco. Fran slightly moves to the middle at the straight after, that catches out Bastian who has to lift. Seconds later towards Masta, at 2m18s Bastian makes a move and has the slightest of overlap. Francesco moves over to claim the racing line without regard of Bastian at 2m27s. Bastian has again to lift to avoid a collision, and misses the line at Masta kink and spins. On a sidenote, in the aftermath also Fabio hits Bastian, Fabio was loose exiting Masta and couldn't avoid him. Michael Turner also spins out of Masta towards Bastian.

There was no contact between Fran and Bastian so the only rule that covers it is Blocking and Weaving.

This is covered in bullet points 5 and 6 under general at https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/etiquette. There is a link to some screen shots Phil has put in for this season describing what overlap is.

Consider bullet point 5 "Blocking is not allowed, but defensive driving is allowed. If a driver moves off the racing line before the car behind attempts to overtake, this is defensive driving. If they move off the racing line after the car behind has started to move across to overtake, this is blocking. If a driver is driving defensively they may move off the line and back onto it only once per straight/section."

One of the reasons for this rule is to prevent weaving in an effort to stop a following car slipstreaming. Hence the statement "If a driver is driving defensively they may move off the line and back onto it only once per straight/section".

The key to this, is on the approach to Masta, who moved first? If Fran moved first, it was defensive driving and hence he did nothing wrong because he only "moved off the line and back onto it once". If not it is blocking "If they move off the racing line after the car behind has started to move across to overtake, this is blocking".

Bastian makes his move at 2m18s. This was a long time before Fran makes his move 9s later at 2m27. So Fran did block Bastian.

The penalty guidelines are at https://www.ukgpl.com/index.php/rules/blocking_weaving (read the definitions in the first paragraph especially the "5 car lengths")

Did Bastian have a chance to change his line once he was blocked? The moderators don't think so, there was no time to try to overtake Fran on the inside so:

Francesco - Simple Blocking/Weaving: Penalty 1 Place: The blocking driver changed his line ONCE in RESPONSE to the following car's movement and AFTER the following car was committed to his line. No contact is made.

Server replay time: 0h04m58s

Michael Turner did not come to a full stop at his Stop & Go after resetting.

Server replay time: 0h14m12s

Bernie spins out of La Carriere after hitting the grass inside, and spins back on the racing line. Bernie was out of control and him ending up there was rather unfortunate. He tried to recover but ran out of time.

Fran got a very brief yellow flag, but Bernie sitting there was unfortunate, and Fran can't be blamed for hitting Bernie. Racing Incident.

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Privateers Trophy (67) - Spa - Mar 8  (Read 5118 times)
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2015, 10:15:32 AM +0000 »

it's not a question of driving "Kampflinie" -fighting line- as we say in german,
but if i miss a corner and have 20 km/h approx. less than the person directly behind me and there is a long straight i let him pass
and dont block the road in the middle. that is NO gentlemann driving.
Sorry Bagrup but if you look the replay the difference in speed was only 3 km.
You was at 313 and my car at 310-11 before the chichane.Your car was not clearly ahead my car(i speak about also one wheel).I think to have the claim to defend my position with maneuvers in my opinion correct.If not correct,in your opinion,you have always the possibility to submit the situation to the moderator.
In the previous season i have suffered a lot of incident but never promised revenge to others in the forum.
Also in a race at Balcarce i have had a fight with Phil Thorton and for sure i was not kind with him.A fight is a fight.Than Phil hit me in a curve but was an error, anyway on the forum there was excuses for the error but also compliment for the fight.
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2015, 01:25:16 PM +0000 »

Yes, the Spa67 track is way more challenging - I love it!

If you got the groove after some practice, this is much more fun to drive than the Papy...

I will drive the Honda for the whole season, to learn how to keep a 67 car alive, as in S27 Works I did not finish a single race. Roll Eyes

The upcoming tracks will be more challenging to me and give the more experienced drivers a good chance to beat me  Smiley

I still can't understand that some drivers start an event without having practiced before...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 02:14:44 PM +0000 »

The answer to my mail about the IGOR disconnect:

apologies. 
a dump truck apparently ran over the transformer box in our neighborhood. power was out for about six hours.  i'd recently replaced the uninterruptible power supply, but it only holds the system up for about twenty minutes - not hours.

I think it should be OK now.

blw

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2015, 02:36:08 PM +0000 »

I still can't understand that some drivers start an event without having practiced before...
In my case, I have not had much free time lately, but it is fun to drive conservatively to steal points away from others, and earn some tokens for the next race. I would not have joined the race except that I knew there would be an open spot on the grid.

With regard to my free time, my wife and I are expecting baby #2 and I am trying to help out more around the house. Also, I try to visit my grandfather once a day while he is in a nursing home for two weeks of physical therapy. I should be able to practice enough to be more competitive in some of the races. It has just been a little hectic lately.  Smiley

*Also, I would practice more for the privateers if it were on an opposite week as the 65 Amateurs.  
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 02:47:40 PM +0000 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2015, 03:28:40 PM +0000 »

Congrats Axel and podium and well done finishers!

First thanks to Axel for hosting Privs this season, and importing results and replay. I will be moderating Privateers again this season, and do the Privs raceposts. For any questions or issues you can also PM me.

The Red Zone looked clean, well done all. Sadly it looked Walter disco'd or had a screenfreeze. If you feel done wrong Bastian you can submit an incident as Fran rightly says. We will look at it then.

To all, please submit incidents before next Monday. Thanks, and have a good season all!

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2015, 11:45:05 PM +0000 »

The answer to my mail about the IGOR disconnect:

apologies. 
a dump truck apparently ran over the transformer box in our neighborhood. power was out for about six hours.  i'd recently replaced the uninterruptible power supply, but it only holds the system up for about twenty minutes - not hours.

I think it should be OK now.

blw

Ha! That's a new one on me.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 07:09:16 PM +0000 »

Mod report is published. Thanks to the other mods in particular Phil for the help. Bastian and Fran will get an additional PM.

Driving for Antipasti Racing

bernie

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2015, 09:08:24 PM +0000 »

excellent report thanks  Smiley
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2015, 10:22:04 AM +0000 »

Thanks for moderation !

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie