The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 06:42:03 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: AC Version 1.1 + DLC now out  (Read 7178 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: March 11, 2015, 05:37:17 PM +0000 »

Changelog looks disappointing but hoping the cars make up for it.

1.8Gb downloading now, including DLC

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2015, 06:10:42 PM +0000 »

I'm downloading too, anything in the change log that might scupper the race tonight?

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2015, 06:26:07 PM +0000 »

Had to change the fps limiter back on with a slider. Set the GLASS_THRESHOLD=1.10 in assetto_corsa.ini back again. Had to restart Steam, so the server update could download.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2015, 06:37:44 PM +0000 »

Haven't tried it yet, but as a quattro owner the fact that it's added 4WD support has me very excited. Cheesy
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2015, 07:47:55 PM +0000 »

Given the GT-R and the Merc Group C car a quick whirl. Triple screen is worse than ever, in game is okay but menu screens leaping from screen to screen with wild abandon. Roll Eyes

To finish first, first you must have fins.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2015, 08:46:46 PM +0000 »

Dont have any issues like that with mine Dave, no different to before. To me everything is just a bit brighter, like they've turned the gamma up with everything.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2015, 09:09:30 PM +0000 »

One MASSIVE problem: none of the mod cars work anymore. They've changed something to do with the aerodynamics, so everything will need patching before it will work with 1.1.
Nice of Kunos to let the modders know beforehand so they could have them ready, rather than them all having to rush to patch them afterwards.../sarcasm Angry
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 09:11:31 PM +0000 by Tibernius » Logged
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2015, 09:14:31 PM +0000 »

I got a yellow flag in the top corner of the screen in qually when the car in front fell off. Never saw it in the race. What's that about?

Server config program still forgets the Grip Randomness toggle when you run it.

I bet the chat window is still obscured by the results after the race, I couldn't be bothered to sit around and look tonight.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2015, 09:17:19 PM +0000 »

I got a yellow flag in the top corner of the screen in qually when the car in front fell off. Never saw it in the race. What's that about?

They've added flag rules in, as well as changing the penalty system. The actual cut track detection is still atrocious, however, so I'd still suggest running PLP instead.
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2015, 09:37:07 PM +0000 »

Server config program still forgets the Grip Randomness toggle when you run it.

I bet the chat window is still obscured by the results after the race, I couldn't be bothered to sit around and look tonight.

Flags are a bit big imo, but nice to see them implemented.
Yes chat is still behind results.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 09:45:49 PM +0000 »

There is a new (well I haven't seen it before) option under graphics or general that says something like 'compact results screen at end of session' wonder if that solves the results problem? I ticked it before tonight's race except I didn't stay to the end and 3 drivers wouldn't have hidden much anyway  Tongue

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2015, 10:04:32 PM +0000 »

Tried the Ring out tonight finally, it's flipping gorgeous and so realistic looking, love it!  thumbup1

Took the Alfa Gta for a drive around it but the car itself left me a little underwhelmed. So I took the Mercedes E90 DTM for a blast...beast of a car, felt great and quick.  Cool
Look forward to trying the rest of the new toys  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2015, 12:51:43 PM +0000 »

New weather effects are pretty cool visually. A foggy/misty Spa, Silverstone or Nordschleife looks very atmospheric.  Cool  Ironic that the headlights come on automatically but they cast no beam...even in the fog  Roll Eyes  Looks cool on the replay though  Smiley

also tried the Sauber C9, another rapid beast and a bit out of my skill level at present. Try it at Spa !

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2015, 02:21:24 PM +0000 »

The 155's not as much fun as I thought it would be. Most of my driving has been the GTR GT3 or the Alfa Romeo 4C - the GTR handles brilliantly, just a hint of powersliding most of the time but nice and controllable. I'm still slow with it though. The 4C is just plain perfect, it might actually overtake the Elise as my favourite car in AC.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2015, 02:45:22 PM +0000 »

New weather effects are pretty cool visually.
Not sure how you set weather up on the server  Embarrassed There's nothing in the setup gui I can see to do it.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com