The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 09:04:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 7808 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: April 04, 2016, 07:28:05 PM +0100 »

Speaking from ignorance here (I've put off W10 ) I think the only difference will be having to set everything to run as Administrator. But others may/will have better info?

Thanks that's where I am now, getting POd with continually having to defer every few days but some tech sites are impressed with Windows 10, particularly with Steam Gaming, Roll Eyes and refer to it as the new Windows 7!

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 04, 2016, 07:34:42 PM +0100 »

I allowed both my game machines to downgrade to WIn10. For things like R3E it works fine. It seemed to work ok for GTL
but strange things were happening that I could not blame 10 for, but only started happening since moving from Win7
Like things work ok off line but on line would do odd things like I was getting stuck with the same car once I went online.
I have since reinstalled Win7 on both machines, as Battlezone also had trouble, it didn't have drivers for my printer, it doesn't
see the DV drive on one box, the mouse goes out of control,it doesn't see usb devices some of the time.

WIn 7 is now seeing everything, and everything works fine.

Thanks Matt, I think that supports my worries about changing to Win 10.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 04, 2016, 09:16:49 PM +0100 »

My main concern i've noticed from running W10 on my laptop; the lack of control over updates. It will download them and potential install them without your permission, so you cant control when it happens.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 05, 2016, 08:16:52 PM +0100 »

I've built a new Windows 10 PC over the last couple of months and finally got around to putting the racing games on it over the weekend, including my Thrustmaster T500RS. Now I have no working clutch pedal  Roll Eyes Not seen in the USB Game Control Panel widget so no chance any game's going to see it.

Have I broken it while moving it? Is it because I have a Thrustmaster HOTAS plugged in, is Windows 10 USB support a bit suspect....

Don't know yet.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #49 on: April 05, 2016, 09:31:08 PM +0100 »

Could be any of the above, but one of my Win10 installs sometimes had to be booted twice to see the USB mouse
also lost my wheel at times. So Win10 usb support has been dodgy in the past, I lost my rag with it when i almost
missed a race waiting for it to do one of it's several 20 minute update procedures.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2016, 10:23:21 PM +0100 »

Reboots/unplugging etc failed to fix it. However plugging it back into a Windows 7 laptop then back seems to have!

Wonder what it will do tomorrow!

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com