Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 10:05:44 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2867W Silverstone: June 21, 2015
June 21, 2015, 09:38:38 PM +0100 - Silverstone (GP 1952-73) - UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Iestyn Davies
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 2 +0.224
121.696mph
1 50:02.314
119.300mph
34 1:26.879
121.256mph
Goodyear  
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 3 +1.164
120.388mph
2 +0.530
119.279mph
34 1:26.928
121.187mph
Firestone  
GregT

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 4 +1.331
120.159mph
3 +11.135
118.859mph
34 1:27.297
120.675mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 10 +2.384
118.733mph
4 +20.578
118.488mph
34 1:26.810
121.352mph
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 +2.338
118.794mph
5 +1:04.512
116.790mph
34 1:28.956
118.425mph
Goodyear  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 12 +2.698
118.314mph
6 +1L
114.882mph
33 1:30.002
117.048mph
Firestone  
Phil Thornton
 Antipasti Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 13 +3.099
117.784mph
7 +10L
115.169mph
24 1:29.048
118.302mph
Disco
Goodyear  
DLogan

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 11 +2.663
118.361mph
8 +14L
114.682mph
20 1:28.160
119.494mph
Disco
Firestone  
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 1 1:26.341
122.011mph
9 +17L
118.554mph
17 1:27.128
120.909mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Ronniepeterson

Eagle T1G (Weslake 1967) F1 1967 6 +1.917
119.361mph
10 +21L
111.886mph
13 1:30.398
116.535mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Gismo
 TEAM-GTLDK
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 5 +1.670
119.696mph
11 +24L
115.727mph
10 1:29.417
117.814mph
Disco
Firestone  
Turkey Machine

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 7 +2.027
119.213mph
12 +34L
---
0 ---
---
accident
Firestone  
Tom van Ostade
 Antipasti Racing
BRM P115 F1 1967 8 +2.267
118.890mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Goodyear  
9 UKGPL

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 14 14 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Pole sitter & championship contender Rob Fleurke fails to finish the race, leaving the door open for Iestyn to take the win in the BT24. Pelle is second & Greg third. Evil takes the fastest lap in the Eagle.

Server replay time: 0h01m48s

Lap 1, Jethro gets sideways on the exit of Stowe & loses momentum. He was slower on the run down to Club. Ronnie gets by on the inside of the track.
The server replay shows Tommie appearing to accelerate rapidly into Jethro, bouncing across Ronnies' path and causing knock on problems for Clive, Dean & Andreas.
Tommie reports his connection suddenly dropping out halfway through the corner. After losing the connection he is driving blind & not aware that Jethro is recovering. After the corner Tommie starts to move off line to avoid a potential entanglement with other cars. Unfortunately he respawns into an accident with Jethro & Ronnie.
Whilst Tommie's car is fully visible on the server replay the lack of any attempt to avoid Jethro indicates a loss of connection. Tommie took the best course of action. Unfortunate for those effected but a horrible case of lag.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Works Trophy (67) - Silverstone - Jun 21  (Read 4409 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: June 18, 2015, 11:20:56 PM +0100 »

Season 28 Works Trophy - Round 8 –Silverstone  

For Round 8 we return to Silverstone, the Home of British Motorsport. Silverstone hosted the very first Formula 1 Grand Prix in 1950 and although the circuit layout has changed over the years, the variant of the track we race is practically the same as the original 1950 layout.  

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL_9
IP = 37.157.48.87
Race date = Sunday 21-06-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Silverstone -Papyrus original
Race length = 34 Laps (50 minutes)
Variant = 1967
60fps patch used   = 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Pro
Qualifying time = 30 minutes

Replays Available here

Driver lists and token rules can be found on the championship standings page

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated. For this event the red zone will be from the start to the exit of Stowe on the first lap . Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers may be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely

The chassis token system is explained on the Works standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 06:19:58 PM +0100 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 09:41:24 PM +0100 »

Hmm, maybe I should give up on this seasons since Works is a lost cause and I've missed nearly all the races in the 69X series... serves me right for getting a swapper on at Stowe and pulling a Kimi.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 10:10:20 PM +0100 »

Hands slipping off the wheel (too hot to race here) makes these things even more uncontrollable.

And thanks for squeezing me offtrack at T2 again, Donnie.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 10:11:27 PM +0100 »

... serves me right for getting a swapper on at Stowe and pulling a Kimi.

Losing the backend is one thing but when someone who really should know better shuts his eyes and simply floors it into a non existing gap, then and only then do you think to yourself single player Project cars has a lot going for it. Tommie what were you thinking mate?

Good luck to all still running.
Tom van Ostade

"anything can happen, and it usually does"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 11:06:07 PM +0100 »

Losing the backend is one thing but when someone who really should know better shuts his eyes and simply floors it into a non existing gap, then and only then do you think to yourself single player Project cars has a lot going for it. Tommie what were you thinking mate?

Think before you write and accuse me of anything Ray. My connection dropped out and everyone disappeared, and I pulled over off the racing line in order not to hit anyone when I reappeared. Unfortunately at the same time there seemed to have been an incident involving you and Jethro, and when I reappeared we were at the same place on the track. Not at any point did I shut my eyes and simply floor it into a non existing gap whilst I should have known better, in fact, you should have known better before writing this drivel and I'm sure you could have seen my car disappear, then reappear.

It really, really does still annoy the heck out of me to see you write this absolute garbage every time we have an altercation. Goes to show how different people handle things that come their way.

At least you were able to continue for a while, how fair.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 11:10:45 PM +0100 by Tom van Ostade » Logged

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 01:38:26 AM +0100 »

Started from Pole, but didn't put a clean lap together. The plan was to do a sub26. It was rather close with Iestyn in the Brabham. I remember how good he was in last year's Joe Shaw Memorial, in the same car.

Still, having the car advantage felt like being able to hold him off, as long as I didn't make mistakes. Was able to lead Pelle and later Iestyn, and managed to get a little 2s gap after 5 laps or so. But on Lap 8 clipped the inside kerb at Becketts, it unloaded the car and no way to save. Slow rejoin cost me almost 20s, and fell back behind Greg on P4. Was able to get by Greg who went wide at Abbey, then still had hopes for catching up with Pelle and Iestyn. At least I was gaining on both, but on Lap 18 the engine expired out of Maggots I think.

Major dent in my championship hopes, but fairplay to Iestyn, always on the podium. Wink All I can do is try to win the other two races...

Great race and win Iestyn, also Pelle ran great, racing close for the win! Well done Greg and finishers! Impressive fast lap Clive!

PS: in hindsight, a bit of laziness of not cleaning my wheel (buttons and clips), and pedals, backfired. Already early in the race sometimes my throttle got stuck (like not accelerating), and also my gearchanges didn't go like my input. This way I did overrev too much and had many bad (speed)shifts. This caused no doubt the terminal valve failure.

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2015, 03:30:45 AM +0100 »

on Lap 18 the engine expired out of Maggots I think.

At least you were able to earn a few points for your effort. Tough break! 

Sunday Driver
Gismo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2015, 09:43:27 AM +0100 »

Grats to Iestyn and Pelle! looks like you had a close finish! ;-)

Was struggling with race-fuel balance, though i did manage to fix it a little bit just before the race - but on L10 I had a little lag and the game seemed to skip a few frames and just after that, coming out of T5, the engine blew up while accelerating from low revs, can't remember having an engine go out like that, but yeah once it's gone it's gone Tongue

Peter Antonsen

"You don't need a parachute to go skydiving.. You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.."
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2015, 02:48:15 PM +0100 »

on Lap 18 the engine expired out of Maggots I think.

At least you were able to earn a few points for your effort. Tough break! 

Thanks Walter. Did need to win (or finish in front of Iestyn) to keep things in my own hands...

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2015, 04:26:08 PM +0100 »

Think before you write and accuse me of anything Ray. My connection dropped out and everyone disappeared, and I pulled over off the racing line in order not to hit anyone when I reappeared. Unfortunately at the same time there seemed to have been an incident involving you and Jethro, and when I reappeared we were at the same place on the track. Not at any point did I shut my eyes and simply floor it into a non existing gap whilst I should have known better, in fact, you should have known better before writing this drivel and I'm sure you could have seen my car disappear, then reappear.

It really, really does still annoy the heck out of me to see you write this absolute garbage every time we have an altercation. Goes to show how different people handle things that come their way.

At least you were able to continue for a while, how fair.

How stupid of me to look at the replay and think that you accelerating into the recovering Jethro was anything other than a faulty connection. Really really sorry Tommie that I did not realise that was the case before I commented on the forum last night. I don't know what else I can say. I hope you can forgive me in time. As you say also it is unfair that when I am caught up in someone elses problems, like you and your faulty connection, that I am able to continue. Hope your connection gets well.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 04:41:10 PM +0100 by Ronniepeterson » Logged
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 03:45:56 AM +0100 »

Congratulations Iestyn and Pelle! That was a great race for the win! I got a laugh out of Iestyn clipping the kerb at Maggotts. That was the only left hander I didn't have much trouble with. I'd run wide there on cold tires but once warm I had no problems at all. Excellent job Iestyn, staying off Pelle when he spun in front of you at Abbey.

That was a very lucky podium for me. I sure wasn't expecting it. I didn't even think attrition might get me there. I knew Rob and Iestyn would be significantly faster than me. I thought Clive, Bob, and Jethro would likely qualify in front of me with their large stash of tokens. And I had forgot about Pelle and Peter. I wasn't counting out Ray or Donnie either. And I wouldn't count out Dean if he had an Eagle or Lotus.

I didn't do as well as I would have liked in Q. I was consistently getting a 1:27.3* or better in my practicing. I was hoping I might get lucky and break into the 26s. I wasn't concerned with Pelle qualifying in front of me. Nor would I have been if Clive Qed in front of me. I kept thinking Clive and Jethro would eclipse my time and I was concerned with falling too far back. In the end though, I was very pleased with 4th.

4th in Q, was actually an excellent place for me to start. Peter's Cooper couldn't apply much pressure while my tires were cold. The three men in front were easily able to pull away from me on the start, leaving me open track ahead. Once the tires were warm the car drove pretty good. I was careful not to clip the kerbs or carry too much speed into Stowe thus causing me to spin. I wasn't able to drive exceptionally consistent though. The first 1/3 of the race I was trying to keep up with Pelle, the second 1/3 trying to maintain the gap to Clive, and the third 1/3 hoping to pass Pelle or Iestyn if they spun. Plus the last 4 laps, I tried to get a 26. I was consistent enough though. That's what kept me in front of Clive plus his poor Q and early handicap working his way through traffic. Clive reduced the gap from 10-11 seconds, when he got behind me, down to 6 seconds when he clipped the kerb at Chapel. That extra 5 seconds was all I needed.

The plan was to do a sub26.

Gosh! You're trying to destroy our morale? lol

Slow rejoin cost me almost 20s

The only good thing you can say about that was, it was an incredibly safe rejoin and showed an extreme amount of patience.

Was able to get by Greg who went wide at Abbey

Thanks for the earlier practice. I made the same mistake when we were practicing together. I went between the haybales and the bridge to get back on the track. When practicing, the bump from crossing the access road put me in a slide resulting in a devastating collision with the bridge. I was prepared for the bump when it happened in the race. Stupid me, looked at my mirror too long. I was still at full throttle when well past my lifting point. I wasn't too worried when I ran wide with all the runoff room and the many many times I've run wide Abbey. It was good though. It quickly solved the question of, how long do I hold you up and when and where do I let you by if you don't just pass me sooner.

Major dent in my championship hopes

That's almost the exact thought I had immediately after I noticed you were out of the race. Sad

I enjoyed the race. Racing at Silverstone with UKGPL was special to me. It's a shame that my excellent finishing position is mostly due to the diminishing number of drivers in GPL. I can only imagine what a spectacle Silverstone with UKGPL would have been in the heyday of GPL. Sorry Rob! But I was hoping Iestyn would win. It seems fitting that a Brit should win this race. The same goes for Clive getting fast lap. Don't worry Rob, the next time we're in Holland, I'll be cheering for you and Tom. Smiley

I'm looking forward to the next race too. Once again we're going to the forests and mountains of Germany. I hope the Vogelsberg Mountains are as rewarding to me as the Eifel Mountains. It's a new track to me but I got some laps yesterday in a 166. It's much smoother than Nurburgring and luckily it appears much easier to learn too. I ought to enjoy this track immensely once I get a feel for it.

Speaking of Germany, it was good to see Andreas maintaining his consistency and courtesy. Thanks for letting me by so quickly. You could have waited another turn or two. I usually don't get impatient with lapped cars until I've followed them through at least two or three turns. I hope your recovery goes well.

Nice job Donnie on most consistent!

My commiserations to all the unfortunate drivers.

Poor Jethro! You can't get a break. I've been guessing for weeks that you don't have any time to practice. A lack of practice? pales in comparison to your horrendous luck though.

Thanks guys.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
AnGex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 01:39:14 PM +0100 »

Speaking of Germany, it was good to see Andreas maintaining his consistency and courtesy. Thanks for letting me by so quickly. You could have waited another turn or two. I usually don't get impatient with lapped cars until I've followed them through at least two or three turns. I hope your recovery goes well...

Thanks for your kind words Greg, I am always trying to let the fast guys asap.  Smiley

Ronnie, what happened there in the last corner from your point of view, thought that I left you enough room?

Congratulations to the podium!

Get up, stand up: stand up for your right!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 02:41:43 PM +0100 »

My favorite is Eagle, but incredibly fortunate I am in the Ferrari. Previous race 'Willow' 3rd place in Ferrari (on GeLi a 1st place Keimola 70 laps in Ferrari)...& now Silverstone, a surprising 2nd place  Cheesy
...that could have ended up with a 1st place if I had not made a mistake on the curbe before the bridge  Shocked

Big Grats to ID, deservedly...& luckily we not ended up in a crash when I spun around, good reaction.  thumbup1
Whether I 'only' was 2...I am fully satisfied, because we had a real good & close race.

...& Big Grats GT...yes I watched you on Pribluda, I thought you walked past after a few laps...but the seconds ticked the other way  Wink

Too bad Peter, it ruined your nice statistic here on UKGPL  Sad
RF: A big surprise, on paper...Silverstone & Eagle, should be a sure victory, but one of the days I know really well....everything goes wrong  Huh

Thank you all for a fun race  Grin

Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2015, 11:45:23 PM +0100 »

Mod report now published.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com