The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 12:08:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wheel setup & usefull apps for Assetto Corsa  (Read 4534 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« on: June 24, 2015, 08:59:40 AM +0100 »

Hey lads, finally i got round to replacing my old and worn out Formula Force GP wheel for a DFGT. yeeaaahhhh!!
Nicely surprised it gives me so much more precision and feedback.

As i was happy to be using it for my GTL and P&G racing i just could not resist the steam offer for Assetto Corsa last week. As i promoted our family laptop, an i3 2350 with a HD7310m which is noting special but just good enough to run AC, to my new game rig for the moment. (wife and kids are all on the tablet, so the laptop was only used for filing the tax-returns  Wink)

Now, i did set my Logitech Profiler to 900 degrees in the global settings and AC-specific profile. Then did the wheel calibration in game, which put it at 860 degrees or something. But when driving it seems i need to turn my wheel a bit too far for my liking. Where should i try to reduce the wheel rotation? First in my Logitech AC-profile and then recalibrate in game or should i just reduce the slider in AC to about 450 degrees or something?

Then i used the in-game apps to setup my HUD, but i really only want to see tire temps (not there?!), fuel and maybe a gear indicator. Standard essentials don't do it for me. Any suggestions on what 3rd party apps might be usefull?
I know i should use the PLP-app and i want to try Helicorsa.

Oh; great game btw Tongue  Did some offline racing with the E90 DTM and the C7 vette@Spa on our server. Looks and feels the business guys! Mostly interested in the '70-era, so looking forward to the DRM revival cars.

Cheers

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 09:26:31 AM +0100 »

my apps and settings
You can click on the addon apps to get them.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 09:30:01 AM +0100 »

That's a really good post Jester  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 10:46:32 AM +0100 »

Indeed. Most helpfull  thumbup2
Thank you Erik.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 11:28:02 AM +0100 »

Thanks  Cool
Tried to make it shrink to fit any window size, but no luck with it and tried and looked for any solution  Huh

my apps and settings
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 03:57:07 PM +0100 »

Nice one Jester.

I started off using a lower number for my brake gamma setting and I was locking the brakes all the time. I like to stamp on the brake pedal. Setting it to a higher number is indeed better for me, although I have nor tried brake gamma of 5 yet. I will try that out.

The tyre temp app is very useful. Smiley

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2015, 08:56:01 PM +0000 »

Hi Erik, don't suppose you have a link to the smaller damage indicator? I used to have it but a revalidate has overwritten it with the big ugly one. Tried a search on Kunos but no joy.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2015, 10:52:47 PM +0000 »

You can just click on the apps in my poster (now in my signature too) , it will get you straight to the app. The damage icon is found on racedepartment.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:38:20 AM +0000 by Jester » Logged

my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2015, 07:21:24 PM +0000 »

excellent, cheers Erik  Smiley

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2015, 03:13:32 PM +0000 »

Thanks Jester, your settings have really improved how my game looks and runs.

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2015, 09:28:32 PM +0000 »

How do you get more range in a clutch pedal? Mine seems too on/off whereas I want a bit of range to be able to slip or dip the clutch. I tried moving the range slider in Ac's controls in slightly from left to right but hasn't made much(if any) difference.  Huh

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2016, 08:32:14 AM +0000 »

Want to share my findings on my DFGT, as it might help some others out with the same issue. As stated in my OP i had a hard time getting the wheel to react like a real one, until today. Did the calibration and set the profiler at 900 degrees as i got the game. It was good but not great in steering precision. Turned rotation down, did not help. Just carried on thinking i might had get to get used to it in AC.

Now lately i did a couple of R3E races and my wheel was spot on, just like it supposed too, with a lot more precision. Now after last nights race upped my rotation to 1180 degrees in game and taadaaa... it is spot on! Quite a big transformation in driving precision. AND ENJOYMENT! Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com