The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 30, 2024, 12:47:03 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Portimão RACE ROOM EX: July 02, 2015
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Portimão - Jul 2 Race Room TEST RACE  (Read 17483 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 03, 2015, 07:28:59 PM +0100 »

I watched the replay, it was in my replay folder  Roll Eyes

Sorry for my earlier post. I wasn't biffed at all. I turned into an approaching car and side swiped them with me coming of worse. Must use those mirrors  angel

Good looking replay option tho

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 03, 2015, 10:07:26 PM +0100 »

If nothing else, this exercise has done wonders for the number of forum posts!

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: July 04, 2015, 02:13:02 PM +0100 »

You could always dip into your enormous pension pot and come and have a splash around.
You might like it on-line, who knows.  whistling

I need to delete this post soon, so all RRE chat will be in the RRE forum thread
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 02:35:02 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 04, 2015, 02:48:30 PM +0100 »

Have you found any race results files Matt?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #64 on: July 04, 2015, 03:49:44 PM +0100 »

There are some files in directories here:

C:\Users\fred\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\Log_Dedicated\2015_07_04_14_44_07_823_PID_18600_1708_1713_3499_1778

But they are not plain text, and I can't make sense of them.
There are a dozen or so directories with names like:

2015_07_04_14_44_07_823_PID_18600_1708_1713_3499_1778
SO these may relate to the events/races

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2015, 06:13:22 PM +0100 »

Where did the thread for the test race on the 9th go?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2015, 07:01:22 PM +0100 »

Where did the thread for the test race on the 9th go?
I think Matt deleted it to clear the Forthcoming area.

simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2015, 07:00:05 AM +0100 »

I just needed somewhere to apologise to Fed for crashing into him at the first turn

The rotten game didn't let me finish the race. Admittedly I was 50 seconds down on the winner
Bit having slogged round for half an hour it would have been nice to see the flag

Also I couldn't get the game to show me which gear I was in or let me ride on the bonnet

Another problem I had was that I couldn't find where to set the fuel and the force feed back
Settings were so extensive and confusing I ended up feeling like I was fighting a gorilla
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2015, 10:26:47 AM +0100 »

I think we need a RR tips thread as a quick reference which will help serve as a guide to getting the game running nicely. I'll see what I can come up with over this weekend.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2015, 11:01:14 AM +0100 »

I just needed somewhere to apologise to Fed for crashing into him at the first turn

The rotten game didn't let me finish the race. Admittedly I was 50 seconds down on the winner
Bit having slogged round for half an hour it would have been nice to see the flag

Also I couldn't get the game to show me which gear I was in or let me ride on the bonnet

Another problem I had was that I couldn't find where to set the fuel and the force feed back
Settings were so extensive and confusing I ended up feeling like I was fighting a gorilla
I only race using cockpit view and I get a gear indicator. There is no way at present to set fuel. For FFB I just set it down to 60%. Then it doesn't feel like driving a tanker. There is is a key for switching views but as I have already assigned that to one of my buttons I cannot tell you what it is.

simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 12, 2015, 03:56:49 PM +0100 »

I managed to sort the bonnet view and the gear indicator seems to come as standard with the bonnet view.

I played around with the setup but I don't know how to save it.

I got down to a 31.3 which puts me 10th on some list or other that I stumbled across, .005 behind the bloke in 9th.

If Goldtop can come up with a simple default settings guide it would help numpties like me no end
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 12, 2015, 04:54:35 PM +0100 »

I think your setup is saved by the game

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 12, 2015, 05:18:23 PM +0100 »

Here's a few pointers to getting RR up and running:

Things to remember..

Setups RR doesn't do tyre choice or pressures yet, neither does it allow you to save multiple setups (it remembers your last setup from each car/track and you can always reload default if you want to start again) but this will improve in future updates.

Graphics I run vsync and fullscreen with max pre-rendered frames set to 1 (in Nvidia Inspector) and have no noticeable lag. There is a "Raceroom" profile setting in Nvidia Inspector which I recommend for Nvidia users. I use max settings but without gimmicks like motion blur, lens effect etc. Big hogs for FPS are: car reflections (always set them low), shadow split (try to keep if possible), car shadows (turn 'em off for a big fps boost).

More information here....

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-racing-experience-faq-and-game-features-w-i-p.72/

Now the important one for me...

FFB Wheel specific and personal pref so there is a thread at Race Department devoted to this which will require some study. If you use a G25/G27/DFGT do yourself a favour and check post #66 from George Ortner (one of the devs). The FFB intensity setting at 100% was way too strong for me but reducing to 43% gives me the best feel of any sim so far  Smiley

There are lots of other tips in the following forum which may be of use...

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/raceroom-racing-experience.131/

I'll copy this and start a new thread so others can add.

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-ffb-settings-thread.106914/

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2015, 08:57:15 AM +0100 »

Good find GT. Hadn't seen this post about the ff settings. Will surely try them.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2015, 12:23:00 PM +0100 »

I've just invested some of my earth pounds in the Brands Hatch track only to find that it is the Oval circuit not the full one Sad

Anyone fancy a thrash round brands in the GRP 5 cars?. I went on a server last night and had one brave soul join me. For some reason the race was run at dusk so I couldn't see where I was going half the time  Huh
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com