The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 09:14:47 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: AC Sunday Championship  (Read 4254 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: June 27, 2015, 04:09:10 PM +0100 »

I would like to start organising a championship for the Sunday races. This would be once every 2 weeks as we currently do.

What format and what tracks would you guys be interested in?

I was thinking GT2 class and 40 minute races with no pitstop. I would like to avoid using the booking process if it is at all possible. I would also like to use the main tracks that came with the game, Spa, Nurb, Mugello etc. I am not sure which mod tracks to consider yet as I have not looked into what is available.

I think this championship should be kept to modern cars and modern versions of tracks, but other than that, feel free to recommend whatever you think will be suitable.

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 04:40:17 PM +0100 »

Raceroom  Wink

Seriously, I think it deserves consideration even at this stage of its development. There are 4 different groups of GT2/GT3 cars with very similar performance within their groups and a greater choice than AC (I've just been testing them). There are also protos if we want to mix it up. I've had a few races in multiplayer and although it still lacks features, netcode seems more solid (haven't seen any warping) and collisions are handled better.

I've been a big supporter of AC but Raceroom has proved to be a bit of a revelation for me with a much better driving feel and sense of immersion. With AC churning out more unrelated content it feels more like a trackday/hotlap sim these days.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 05:17:47 PM +0100 »

While I am open to the idea of a Raceroom series, a thread about the AC races we do on Sundays about isn't exactly where it belongs. Plus Raceroom doesn't have a finished netcode yet.

I'd say GT2s and 40 minutes or so, maybe longer. iirc the UKGTR sprints were 40 and endurance were 60 minutes?

As for tracks, Paul Ricard would probably be a good choice. http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/paul-ricard-v0-9-1.6115/ There's a version of Le Mans out as well.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 06:33:11 PM +0100 »

While I am open to the idea of a Raceroom series, a thread about the AC races we do on Sundays about isn't exactly where it belongs. Plus Raceroom doesn't have a finished netcode yet.
Touchy  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2015, 06:41:14 PM +0100 »

Oh no, not Paul Ricard...  wacko

I'd go for GT2/GT3s. 1 hour races, but if somebody has helth problems I'd rather have him / them along with shorter races than go without him / them.  Smiley 
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2015, 06:45:00 PM +0100 »

Touchy  Wink

Quite right though Tibs, I do let my enthusiasm get the better of me at times  Roll Eyes Proposed format sounds good as long as any mod tracks are up to scratch. It is a bit frustrating when the GT2 class currently consists of 4 cars, one of which is far too slow and another one far too fast.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2015, 08:25:37 PM +0100 »

As long as it doesn't become a 2 horse race (Beemer & f458) then GT2 could be fun. Paul Ricard is a great mod track and makes a worthy addition to the regular GP tracks.  Smiley

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2015, 09:06:35 PM +0100 »

maybe we could do one series using GT2's then switch to GT3's for the next season?

I am happy with 40 minute races.

As for tracks, I am all for using the classic tracks in the game and finding some add on tracks for the newer real life circuits such as Slovakia Ring & Moscow Ring.

That way we can replicate the real life WEC GT2 and Blancpain GT3 series
Anders Karlsson

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2015, 07:46:44 PM +0100 »

This sounds interesting. I like the gt3 cars. And a pit stop could spice things up a bit.
I'm in anyway HuhHuh??
I think a1 ring  ( red bull ring ) is a great track for racing as well.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2015, 09:14:37 PM +0100 »

May i remind you we are running a GT3 championship on alternate wednesdays Smiley

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2015, 02:45:36 PM +0100 »

I was thinking GT2 class and 40 minute races with no pitstop and I would also like to use the main tracks that came with the game, Spa, Nurb, Mugello etc.

thumbup2

Raceroom  Wink
Seriously? Feels exactly like every other GTR/GTR2/RACE07 game. Everything about it is dated badly, from the graphics to the physics and force feedback.

The only game giving me any feel anymore is AC. Even iRacing feels numb compared to AC, although I think the physics are great in iRacing the force feedback is so poor in comparison.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2015, 02:58:09 PM +0100 »

Raceroom  Wink
Seriously? Feels exactly like every other GTR/GTR2/RACE07 game. Everything about it is dated badly, from the graphics to the physics and force feedback.

The only game giving me any feel anymore is AC. Even iRacing feels numb compared to AC, although I think the physics are great in iRacing the force feedback is so poor in comparison.

When did you last try it? It's a very different game from when I last dipped my toes in but you do need to make sure you have your steering setup correctly or it is carp. Anyway I'm shutting up about RR as I've already been told off  Wink

My gripe is that the bimmer is too quick and the P4/5 too slow which only leaves the fezza and the (slightly slower) vette  Roll Eyes

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 03:03:57 PM +0100 »

When did you last try it? It's a very different game from when I last dipped my toes in but you do need to make sure you have your steering setup correctly or it is carp. Anyway I'm shutting up about RR as I've already been told off  Wink
A couple of months ago at most.

My gripe is that the bimmer is too quick and the P4/5 too slow which only leaves the fezza and the (slightly slower) vette  Roll Eyes
P4/5 is a GT3 speed car in reality so yes it should not be in the GT2 lineup.
Fezza should be good in the right hands.
Dunno about the Vette.
If a quick driver takes the fastest car then he's going to have a boring race, but that's up to them really as even if you have a single make series the fastest driver wins generally anyway, so at least when you have cars with slightly different performance it gives the fastest guys a chance to have more of a challenge by taking the slower cars and of course they have slightly different characteristics.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 03:05:29 PM +0100 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 03:58:32 PM +0100 »

When did you last try it? It's a very different game from when I last dipped my toes in but you do need to make sure you have your steering setup correctly or it is carp. Anyway I'm shutting up about RR as I've already been told off  Wink
A couple of months ago at most.

The key update was around 5th June IIRC where lots of changes were implemented.

P4/5 is a GT3 speed car in reality so yes it should not be in the GT2 lineup.
Fezza should be good in the right hands.
Dunno about the Vette.
If a quick driver takes the fastest car then he's going to have a boring race, but that's up to them really as even if you have a single make series the fastest driver wins generally anyway, so at least when you have cars with slightly different performance it gives the fastest guys a chance to have more of a challenge by taking the slower cars and of course they have slightly different characteristics.

I agree that sounds good in theory but it does mean car choice is made even more restrictive if you follow that logic.

What about looking at some of the GTE cars from the URD mod to see how they might fit in?

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 09:35:53 PM +0100 »

I believe it is AC this week for the Sunday night race [email protected] chance of the GT2's at Donington?
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com