Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 07:05:33 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28Fri Le Mans: July 03, 2015
July 03, 2015, 10:52:09 PM +0100 - Le Mans (Sarthe (1932-67)) - UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Friday Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
GregT

McLaren M8B/C/E Group 7 1 3:02.447
165.059mph
1 50:08.971
160.132mph
16 3:02.838
164.706mph
Goodyear  
Iestyn Davies
 Blue Moose Racing
McLaren M8B/C/E Group 7 6 +4.105
161.427mph
2 +11.798
159.506mph
16 3:03.367
164.231mph
Goodyear  
Rainier
 Black Night Racing
McLaren M8B/C/E Group 7 8 +6.798
159.130mph
3 +44.257
157.811mph
16 3:06.055
161.858mph
Goodyear  
DLogan

Ferrari 712M Group 7 7 +5.378
160.333mph
4 +56.171
157.197mph
16 3:06.990
161.049mph
Firestone  
Cookie
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 712M Group 7 3 +2.970
162.415mph
5 +1:12.991
156.339mph
16 3:05.300
162.517mph
Firestone  
francesco
 Antipasti Racing
Ferrari 712M Group 7 9 +9.160
157.168mph
6 +1:57.057
154.135mph
16 3:11.051
157.625mph
Firestone  
Mark Jones

McLaren M8B/C/E Group 7 2 +1.727
163.511mph
7 +5L
157.305mph
11 3:05.159
162.641mph
Disco
Goodyear  
maddog
 Antipasti Racing
McLaren M8F Group 7 4 +3.041
162.353mph
8 +9L
156.918mph
7 3:05.599
162.256mph
Disco
Goodyear  
NickyIckx
 Antipasti Racing
Lola T260 Group 7 5 +3.811
161.682mph
9 +10L
155.996mph
6 3:06.537
161.440mph
unknown
Goodyear  
60fps UKGPL 8

McLaren M8D Group 7 10 10 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  

Moderator's Report

A clean race with no reported incidents.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
Group 7
3:02.447
165.065mph
GregT
Qualifying
McLaren M8B/C/EJuly 03, 2015, 10:52:09 PM +0100
S28Fri
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Friday Trophy - Le Mans - Jul 3  (Read 2380 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2015, 10:04:47 AM +0100 »

S28 - Friday Trophy - Round 16 - CanAm 71 - Le Mans Night (nbsarthe)

The penultimate track of this season will be classic Le Mans.
We will be racing at night.
Most famous race in the world is probably the 24hours at Le Mans. It has also hosted several Grand Prix including the first ever - the French Grand Prix of 1906. The Grand Prix name ("Great Prize") referred to the prize of 45,000 French francs to the race winner. The franc was pegged to the gold at 0.290 grams per franc, which meant that the prize was worth 13 kg of gold!

Remember: for the LIGHT drivers the most popular car will be dropped for the rest of the season! Look at the bottom!

ONE reset is allowed but the Shift R must be followed by a Stop & Go in the pit lane within TWO laps.
If you Reset on the last lap a 30 second time penalty will be awarded if you cannot s+g before the finish line in the pit lane.

Drivers must complete 50% of the race distance to score.
Please check the Season 28 pages for details regarding rules and the Friday Trophy pages in particular.

Race List =  IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = look at IGOR
Race date = 03-07-2015
GPL mod = CANM71
60fps patch used = 60fpsV2newmod
Track = Le Mans Night (nbsarthe)
Qualification = 20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race = race starts at ~21:30 UK time
Race length = ~45 min -> 16 laps
Damage Model = INT
Replay = you will get here

Please restrict chat to emergency messages only,
including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Moderation will be on reported incidents only.  

GLA and have FUN

So far for the lights dropped cars:_____________________________________________________________________

GT : Chapparal MK2F + MK2D, Lola T70, Ferrari P4/330, Porsche 910, GT40 MK4

CA : Shadow MK2, Lola T260 + T222, MCL M8F + M8D

F2 : Matra MS7 + MS5, Brabham BT23, Protos, Lola T100(FVA)

« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:30:07 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 10:31:00 PM +0100 »

Shocked Shocked Huh
First off all sorry to all those my out off control car wents in the way !!!

I am absolutely clueless why my car sometimes suddenly act like its remote controlled.
It allways only happend if a car is close behind or any car is in front.
No fps trouble neither red bar did change:
 first accident – at the righthander after the long straigt, speed fine , gear right , of throttle as well off brake waiting to reach the turn in right direction...BUT car just went left 30° into wilderness, I even didnt steer then straight that moment ! Well droped me from 2nd to guess 7

2nd accident – guess Dean wonder what the heck Ickx is doing, mycar passed by on right side , but instead of following my steering straight way, car went left 15° cutting Deans way and hit into the wall

3rd & 4rd accident at hairpine car managed to climbed the wall leftside and stuck on it ..hey car was of about 45kmh slow , all fine no overhaeted tyres , no nervous counter steering , in fact perfect turn in with  lift & coast,  but like a ghost hand came down catch the car and threw it away.....

Cant tell how frustrating that shit is, even more cause I have no idear whats wrong .
PC hardware is perfect even so wheel and pedals, well must admit that these track clearly is programmed lousy ( unrealistic jumps & moves ) hardly could be cured by setup work. But offline never  ever happend to me what online in this race happend.

Saw other cars looked like having trouble with unrealistic lose rearjumps , why other seems to be stabel as a train... so whats the trick ?  I did used the ordinary nsarthe track version …

hope these nightmare could be overcame,  I was so looking forwards to a race after so long time and did spent quit a lot of time in setup work..and due to the circumstance LolaT260 is a fast car , I even could challange Cookie and Greg ..hooly shit  this  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: July 03, 2015, 10:35:23 PM +0100 by NickyIckx » Logged
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2015, 10:36:28 PM +0100 »

Website advice here :  https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=ekepbj8044fp8495nbhgepce92&topic=10458.0
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 11:03:24 PM +0100 »

Yeah, sorry Nicky for the troubles...

I had only one strange situation in the last lap when my brakes failed into the righthander into Mulsanne Shocked
Stranded on the sand trap and had to s+r  Angry  Have added the 30sec to the race time in results allready Wink
Shame it destroyed a hot finish, as I was shure to catch Greg again on the straight...

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Mark Jones

Calm like a Bomb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2015, 12:14:29 AM +0100 »

Congratulations to Greg for the win - good hustling there on the last few laps.  Well done to the finishers.
I had a horrible race.  I was caught out by how much these cars are affected by the draft - they seem to go from unstable to damn psychotic.  My setup wasn't great either, delivering either massive understeer in slow corners or snap loose in the faster ones.  I have to apologize to Martin and Dean who I know I got in the way of when I had some bad moments, and anyone else I got in the way of as well.  One to ponder on.

These are the old days, the bad days, the all-or-nothing days. They're back.
Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2015, 01:44:41 AM +0100 »

Yes, interesting race.. the car choice really made it close in the end. I couldn't pass Axel in the Ferrari, tried everywhere, but Greg did it into Mulsanne and managed to pull clear. I was almost past towards Indianapolis, but didn't dare chop across with -7yds on pribluda Shocked! I was lucky to recover from a double off on lap 1, and a 3-way fight for the flag was lost when Axel went straight on before Mulsanne. Maybe I chose the wrong car seeing that we have a twisty track next time out..

Nicky - just watched the replay back, and Mark is right, the draft affects these cars; I almost lost it a few times following Axel very closely into Porsche curves. For your off where I hit you rejoining (I was thinking about lift and coast and got squirrelly on the brakes), your rears might have locked up sending you left? With Dean later on I think you were just caught out by his earlier braking and swerved to avoid contact. The hairpins are just slow speed understeer, I did that myself on lap 1 at Indianapolis when braking too late. What is your brake bias?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 01:48:15 AM +0100 by Iestyn Davies » Logged

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
Rainier
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2015, 11:49:29 AM +0100 »

Congratulations to Greg for the win - good hustling there on the last few laps.  Well done to the finishers.
I had a horrible race.  I was caught out by how much these cars are affected by the draft - they seem to go from unstable to damn psychotic.  My setup wasn't great either, delivering either massive understeer in slow corners or snap loose in the faster ones.  I have to apologize to Martin and Dean who I know I got in the way of when I had some bad moments, and anyone else I got in the way of as well.  One to ponder on.

Sorry Mark for the rear ending.
I was surprised by your early braking.

Le silence éternel de ces espaces infinis m'effraie
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2015, 06:38:42 PM +0100 »

That was fun! I'm sure glad I didn't miss this one. You could say I had a big advantage here. The two years before I started racing online I'd spend almost the entire month of June racing the GTs or CAs at Lemans. I even made Can Am AI for the track so I could have more fun. I was well prepared for the slipstreaming. I know most of the things to avoid.

I was too abusive to my engine early in the race. I wasn't careful to keep from overrevving exiting the esses. My shifting was sloppy. And I dropped a wheel off the circuit a few times, overrevving even more. On lap 4 the engine exploded. That was a scary moment. I was shifting from 3rd to 4th on the Mulsanne. I wanted to brake but I was worried Axel might hit me. I knew he would be coming up on me fast. I tried to go off the right side of the track but there were haybales. I tried to get as close to them as possible. I clipped them instead. I was very happy I didn't collect Axel with that mistake. I was flipped back into the track and luckily Martin was able to avoid me too. Then Iestyn had to make a quick move to avoid me after the reset. That was one of my worst resets. I couldn't get the car stopped quickly. Once the haybales flipped me on my top, I had to wait for what seemed an eternity for the car to slide to a stop. That put me back to second to last place.

I got lucky to win. I thought I could get close to the leaders before it was over but didn't really think I could win with all the time I lost on lap 4. Nicky and Dean ran wide making it easy for me to pass. Mark and Dave had to stop and go in the pits giving me two more positions easily. And my pass on Iestyn and Axel was lucky that the timing unfolded almost perfectly.

I saw 233mph twice when I was behind Nicky! And 232 mph when I came up on Iestyn. With such a high speed I knew I should take advantage of my momentum and pass Iestyn. That was another scary moment. I wasn't sure whether to go right or left. At the last moment I veered right. That got me fishtailing a little bit. I thought I was going to hit Iestyn but he gave me just enough room to get the car under control. Can you imagine fishtailing at 225 mph? I kept most of my momentum and was able to slipstream off Axel and take the inside away from him before the Mulsanne 90. That was probably the best place for me to pass. I knew I had an advantage on Axel from the entry to Indianapolis to Terte Rouge.

first accident – at the righthander after the long straigt, speed fine , gear right , of throttle as well off brake waiting to reach the turn in right direction...BUT car just went left 30° into wilderness, I even didnt steer then straight that moment ! Well droped me from 2nd to guess 7

In my replay you put a wheel off the left side of the track. That's a very dangerous place to do that. I'd likely lose control too if I put a wheel off the track there.

had to s+r  Angry  Have added the 30sec to the race time in results allready Wink
Shame it destroyed a hot finish, as I was shure to catch Greg again on the straight...

That is a shame Axel after driving such a good race. I wouldn't be so sure you were going to catch me. I had managed to open a small gap before Terte Rouge. I did a little weaving down the Mulsanne Straight to keep Iestyn from getting much of a tow. It worked somewhat. After all that work to catch you two, I wasn't going to give Iestyn any chance to catch me. It would have been interesting though. The winner likely would have been the first car out of Mulsanne.

Congratulations to Greg for the win - good hustling there on the last few laps.  

Thanks Mark! The last few laps? I was hustling the entire race! I was sloppy with my throttle control and shifting until I blew my engine. After my reset, the only real mistake I made was getting a little out shape behind Dean, braking for Mulsanne. I easily avoided Dean but I almost had to come to a stop to do so. Well, I also hit the wall on the left before Indianapolis. If I had turned into the right hander before Indianapolis as usual, I'd have nailed Axel. Luckily the car wasn't damaged and I got another chance. Smiley

Yes, interesting race..
Greg did it into Mulsanne and managed to pull clear.
I was lucky to recover from a double off on lap 1.

Yes it was! I enjoyed it a lot. The timing couldn't have been better for me. I thought the only chance to break the slipstream would have been between Indianapolis and Terte Rouge. I gave it everything I had the last two laps. Yes, I saw you go off before Indianapolis. I was little happy to see some of the pressure from behind relieved but disappointed to see a possibility that your race might be ruined. I had to run wide to avoid contact with Axel and it looks like you followed me wide at a higher speed.

It's not going to get much better for me than that race. I drove well especially after my reset. I made good decisions, I got lucky, and I was fast. Overcoming my early difficulties was especially rewarding.

The F2s are going to be strange here. It will be only my second time in an open wheeler here. I've had a few laps in the 66 Honda and Ferrari. I imagine it will be impossible to break the slipstream in the F2s.

Thanks guys. I hope we continue to have a few races each season that are somewhat historical in nature. I missed the GTs but I've been imagining that the Can Ams would have been somewhat similar to racing Lemans in the mid 70s.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:56:01 PM +0100 by GregT » Logged

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2015, 11:37:54 PM +0100 »

Continuing Greg's line of thought, having historical tracks in the same month as their modern versions, is fun. 

Le Mans was good, but start seemed odd.  So for Fridays F2, I suggest everyone leave their computers, while on the startline.  Leave the room and close the door.  Then, when the flag drops, open the door, race to your wheel/pad, and go for the win! Cool
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2015, 07:20:53 PM +0100 »

. . . . . Very important the door is closed when the flag drops. Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com