The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 11:24:53 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Raceroom Racing Experience Tips  (Read 7351 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:21:15 PM +0100 »

Use this thread for posting your tips for getting RR running nicely. Could do with a proper area for RR instead of being bundled in other sims  Wink

Here's a few pointers to getting RR up and running:

Things to remember..

Setups RR doesn't do tyre choice or pressures yet, neither does it allow you to save multiple setups (it remembers your last setup from each car/track and you can always reload default if you want to start again) but this will improve in future updates.

Graphics I run vsync and fullscreen with max pre-rendered frames set to 1 (in Nvidia Inspector) and have no noticeable lag. Just make sure you can hit at least 60 FPS at all times. There is a "Raceroom" profile setting in Nvidia Inspector which I recommend for Nvidia users.

In Custom Settings I use mostly max settings but without gimmicks like motion blur, lens effect etc. Big hogs for FPS are: car reflections (always set them low), shadow split (try to keep if possible), car shadows (turn 'em off for a big fps boost without great visual loss). You might also want to turn Track Level of Detail down to low which will mean losing some trackside detail and objects (and the shadows they cast, so a double saving there) but will give a big boost for older systems.

More information here....

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-racing-experience-faq-and-game-features-w-i-p.72/

Now the important one for me...

FFB Wheel specific and personal pref so there is a thread at Race Department devoted to this which will require some study. If you use a G25/G27/DFGT do yourself a favour and check post #66 from Georg Ortner (one of the devs). The FFB intensity setting at 100% was way too strong for me but reducing to 43% gives me the best feel of any sim so far  Smiley

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-ffb-settings-thread.106914/page-4

There are lots of other tips in the following forum which may be of use...

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/raceroom-racing-experience.131/

Steering Settings This can have a marked effect on the way the cars feel and react to input. First off make sure you set your wheel rotation to match the one in your wheel's software....Options>Vehicle Settings>Wheel Rotation.

When you enter Car Setup click on Steering Settings and you will see values for wheel range and steering lock. Again this comes down to personal taste but I would suggest setting your wheel range to the same value as your wheel profile. These are car specific but once set the game remembers them. I actually run 900/30 in all cars and find that it works for me. Also worth noting that if you test drive the cars in store you won't be able to adjust this for your test drive which can cause things to feel a bit off.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 12:20:00 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2015, 10:23:01 AM +0100 »

Pricing  Roll Eyes

RR purchasing system is confusing and occasionally borders on misleading. Here's a thread which tries to explain the various ways to go about it....

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/r3e-pricing-discounts-and-tips.107497/

Personally if you're going to buy into the game I would advise purchasing 5000 vrp from the RR virtual store which equates to £24.50 GBP.

http://www.raceroomstore.com/shop_en/vrp

This should be enough to at least buy the euro and US track packs and a few well chosen cars from the series that appeal. Over the next 4 weeks certain content will be reduced by 25% so you can hold out spending your vrp until the content you want is reduced.

Bear in mind that steam also have sales independent of RR which can work out much better value but tend to be more limited in the range of content they offer. Also RR had a 50% off all content sale a couple of weeks ago so the current 25% looks a bit mean by comparison  angel Also consider that you cannot spend your vrp in steam....there you go, confusing/misleading or what?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 10:28:35 AM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 01:38:03 PM +0100 »

Use this thread for posting your tips for getting RR running nicely. Could do with a proper area for RR instead of being bundled in other sims  Wink

Here's a few pointers to getting RR up and running:

Things to remember..

Setups RR doesn't do tyre choice or pressures yet, neither does it allow you to save multiple setups (it remembers your last setup from each car/track and you can always reload default if you want to start again) but this will improve in future updates.

Graphics I run vsync and fullscreen with max pre-rendered frames set to 1 (in Nvidia Inspector) and have no noticeable lag. Just make sure you can hit at least 60 FPS at all times. There is a "Raceroom" profile setting in Nvidia Inspector which I recommend for Nvidia users.

In Custom Settings I use mostly max settings but without gimmicks like motion blur, lens effect etc. Big hogs for FPS are: car reflections (always set them low), shadow split (try to keep if possible), car shadows (turn 'em off for a big fps boost without great visual loss). You might also want to turn Track Level of Detail down to low which will mean losing some trackside detail and objects (and the shadows they cast, so a double saving there) but will give a big boost for older systems.

More information here....

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-racing-experience-faq-and-game-features-w-i-p.72/

Now the important one for me...

FFB Wheel specific and personal pref so there is a thread at Race Department devoted to this which will require some study. If you use a G25/G27/DFGT do yourself a favour and check post #66 from Georg Ortner (one of the devs). The FFB intensity setting at 100% was way too strong for me but reducing to 43% gives me the best feel of any sim so far  Smiley

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/wheel-ffb-settings-thread.106914/page-4

There are lots of other tips in the following forum which may be of use...

http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/raceroom-racing-experience.131/

Steering Settings This can have a marked effect on the way the cars feel and react to input. First off make sure you set your wheel rotation to match the one in your wheel's software....Options>Vehicle Settings>Wheel Rotation.

When you enter Car Setup click on Steering Settings and you will see values for wheel range and steering lock. Again this comes down to personal taste but I would suggest setting your wheel range to the same value as your wheel profile. These are car specific but once set the game remembers them. I actually run 900/30 in all cars and find that it works for me. Also worth noting that if you test drive the cars in store you won't be able to adjust this for your test drive which can cause things to feel a bit off.

Thanks for all of that information. I went to the G25/27 setup and it's got rid of the odd feel, twitches etc, the only change was to increase the under steer value substantially as I like a sharp turn in. How do I get screen shots like that please so I Can save my setup?

Last night really got the BMW E30 Group A wound up at Brands and finished up with a 53.9 second lap - fastest lap ever there I think. I can't see how to check lap times but subjectively it is certainly the smoothest, most committed and fastest.

How do I get frame rate please?

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2015, 01:59:52 PM +0100 »

Not sure on screen shots Bill, I just make a note of mine.

To dislay FPS in-game I use the steam overlay....works nicely.

http://www.howtogeek.com/209710/4-quick-ways-to-see-a-pc-game%E2%80%99s-fps-frames-per-second/

Good to hear you're back on form btw Bill  thumbup2
« Last Edit: July 22, 2015, 02:02:24 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:30:28 PM +0100 »

http://www.howtogeek.com/209710/4-quick-ways-to-see-a-pc-game%E2%80%99s-fps-frames-per-second/

Thanks for that I have notebook with all my sim settings and for RRE I've included car groups for my purchased cars.  Just trying to save myself some work.  Re frame rate I have NVidia graphics will try that option first.

Yes really chuffed how I feel now and of course sorting out my driving, particularly my favourite car.  Cool

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 09:05:00 PM +0100 »

Thanks in-game frame rate constant at 60 FPS except for a flicker up or down of 1 FPS.

Screen Shots can be activated by Start/steam/screen shots which is a bolt on which you download.  Then start Steam and on your log in page go Menu/Settings/in-game select in-game and activate the screenshot option which is activated by F12. After your various screen saves you quit and there are options, select save to Computer (??) and then copy to a new file where ever you wish to save it.  Hope that makes sense but have  had a busy day and have had enough.  Any queries I'll try and sort out tomorrow after lunch sometime.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 03:35:35 PM +0000 »

You'll need to plan your pitstops and set them up in your presets in game. Make sure you have your chosen pitstop preset activated and that it is first in the list. Also make sure that the boxes for tyres and fuel are turned green (click on them) if you want these actions to happen when you pit.

Set a button or keypad to request your pitstop (I use "P") and during your in-lap press it and a little box will pop up showing your settings. You can scroll up and down your selections if you want to change anything by pressing enter (I have my up/down keys set for this) then as you enter the pit lane speed limit zone make sure you click on "confirm" and press enter and your pitcrew will do the rest.

Sounds complicated but just make sure you set things up and have a quick single player race to check things are working.

There's a very good guide here, but note that the UI looks a little different now and that the server setting will not be mandatory pitstop so you won't get a pit open pop up which simply means you'll be able to pit at any time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UwVEZYfeUo

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com