The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 09:47:20 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Brands Hatch: July 16, 2015
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Brands Hatch - Jul 16  (Read 5470 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2015, 09:36:09 AM +0100 »

That was disappointing  10 minutes of the race to go and I discoed. Never discoed from PnG.

Graphics were a bit juddery at times.

2 Race room races 1 disco, not great stats

I discoed last week along with Postal. We used to suffer terribly from discos both in GTL and GTR2/PnG a while back so I really don't believe this is a problem with RR. Currently Matt is very kindly running things from his home brew server and not from our SROUK kit so we can't assume it's a game problem.

As far as stuttery graphics go, I have to run with vsync on in all games which smooths everything out for me (and I can't detect any lag going on). If you need to trim down your settings for more FPS look here...

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13168.0

As for last night's race it's a shame more didn't turn out but was good fun anyway. Personally I think these cars are now way too quick for any kind of realism since they have been balanced with the DTM92 cars. There are enough people moaning abut this that maybe the cars will be slowed down to the more realistic speeds they used to be.

If we're still racing the M1 Procars next week, Zandvoort might be a good venue although I believe the procars are still awaiting a physics update to bring them up to other standards.....not a bad drive as they are though tbh.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 09:41:27 AM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2015, 11:30:16 AM +0100 »

My old system runs this smoother than P&G or GTL with the graphics set to low
and I've done a few on line pick up races with no probs with that old core2 duo box.

You may be right, but it normally does on line better than most other things.
Berger wrote about it being the one sim where he can race close with confidence.
Last week 2 people dropped together but the others had no warping at all.
Could be my home brewed server of course, but seems odd that it should affect
only certain people, maybe a routing thing.

Maybe Matt, but I'm reluctant to spend any more money on something that possibly is too much for my system.  Sad
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2015, 02:37:03 PM +0100 »

Been on line OK this afternoon. 

DTM92 is now available on discount, I already had purchased the BMW turbo (full price) and another special offer for £0.71 so paid £6.13 for rest of pack.

Also yesterday I purchased a number of car special offers and Zandvort. Being Cornish I've always have an eye out for discounts (being tight according to wife).  Roll Eyes Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2015, 02:42:12 PM +0100 »

That was disappointing  10 minutes of the race to go and I discoed. Never discoed from PnG.

I discoed last week along with Postal. We used to suffer terribly from discos both in GTL and GTR2/PnG a while back so I really don't believe this is a problem with RR. Currently Matt is very kindly running things from his home brew server and not from our SROUK kit so we can't assume it's a game problem.

As far as stuttery graphics go, I have to run with vsync on in all games which smooths everything out for me (and I can't detect any lag going on). If you need to trim down your settings for more FPS look here...

As for last night's race it's a shame more didn't turn out but was good fun anyway. Personally I think these cars are now way too quick for any kind of realism since they have been balanced with the DTM92 cars. There are enough people moaning abut this that maybe the cars will be slowed down to the more realistic speeds they used to be.

If we're still racing the M1 Procars next week, Zandvoort might be a good venue although I believe the procars are still awaiting a physics update to bring them up to other standards.....not a bad drive as they are though tbh.

Can you please confirm we only need a car from the "set" to race, not the whole lot as is required for GTL?  Huh

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2015, 02:53:48 PM +0100 »

Can you please confirm we only need a car from the "set" to race, not the whole lot as is required for GTL?  Huh
Yep

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2015, 03:13:09 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony, might have a look depending on time to practice and prepare for Monday's GTL race - top priority.  Wink  rockon
When will server be available?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 03:15:03 PM +0100 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2015, 11:04:46 PM +0100 »

Intended to join you last night only to find my 15gig? Install was borked (prob due to my recent ssd update) so steam is reinstalling it all over again  Roll Eyes

Simbin...dodgy netcode? Never  Wink doesn't sound like I missed much.

Do love an M1 Procar though, so may join you next week when I've tried it.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2015, 10:33:54 AM +0100 »

Thanks Tony, might have a look depending on time to practice and prepare for Monday's GTL race - top priority.  Wink  rockon
When will server be available?
We are currently running these test's using Matt's homebrew machine. Watch out for a post from him giving details of the next event.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2015, 01:10:21 PM +0100 »

I've updated my tips thread to include a couple of other findings. Please add any info you think might help others to get the best out of RR.

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13168.msg237398#msg237398

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 19, 2015, 09:44:31 PM +0100 »

I'm in CPH this evening and I therefore had the chance to test RRE some more.

I bought the DTM Mercer from 92' and tried some on line racing at Portimao.

The car felt great, and it was real easy to race close. I particularly like the very good side view and the rear view in this sim.

I love this game already  thumbup2

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: July 19, 2015, 09:58:40 PM +0100 »

Cool, did you actually buy that electric car Stig?  Huh

NOTE: This thread will be deleted soon, so please post in the "other sims thread" :
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=11059.0

or in the new Hungary Thread.
Ta
Matt.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 19, 2015, 10:40:50 PM +0100 »

Cool, did you actually buy that electric car Stig?  Huh

Lol, no way I could afford that car, but it was fun trying to go from o-100 in 4.3 secs in complete SILENCE.

If I had the money to back my car dreams, I'd much rather buy a great sounding car like a Maserati

Stig

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com