Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 10:41:31 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2867W Interlagos: July 19, 2015
July 19, 2015, 09:40:06 PM +0100 - Interlagos (1973-1989) - UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 1 2:47.720
106.054mph
1 47:59.872
105.000mph
17 2:47.710
106.061mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 3 +1.964
104.827mph
2 +25.041
104.095mph
17 2:48.628
105.483mph
Firestone  
Iestyn Davies
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 7 +3.516
103.877mph
3 +50.921
103.176mph
17 2:49.517
104.930mph
Goodyear  
Gismo
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 8 +3.730
103.747mph
4 +1:35.947
101.614mph
17 2:51.190
103.905mph
Firestone  
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Honda RA300 F1 1967 11 +8.417
100.986mph
5 +2:01.941
100.735mph
17 2:52.507
103.111mph
Firestone  
DLogan

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 12 +10.361
99.884mph
6 +2:45.683
99.288mph
17 2:51.540
103.693mph
Firestone  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 13 +13.570
98.116mph
7 +1L
98.386mph
16 2:56.814
100.600mph
Firestone  
JonnyO
 Team Coyote
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 4 +1.992
104.810mph
8 +4L
103.220mph
13 2:49.686
104.826mph
Disco
Firestone  
Samb
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 9 +5.763
102.531mph
9 +9L
95.497mph
8 2:53.633
102.443mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 6 +2.977
104.205mph
10 +13L
101.551mph
4 2:52.307
103.231mph
Disco
Firestone  
GregT

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 2 +1.011
105.419mph
11 +17L
---
0 ---
---
accident
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 5 +2.662
104.397mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Turkey Machine

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 10 +7.330
101.613mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 14 DNS ---
---
Goodyear  
9 UKGPL

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 14 15 ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

The final race of Season 28 with one of the closest contested championships between Iestyn & Robert. Iestyn takes 1st place by a point. His consistency on the podium for every race edged out Robert who 5 races. Evil is third place in the championship & it was those 3 drivers who finished on the podium in Brazil.
No reported incidents for this race. In the read zone a couple of Ferrari's had a very tricky time into Curva 3 / Juncao but no contact. Jethro has another unlucky start being an innocent victim on lap 1 - I guess you have used up a career's worth of bad luck in one season.
This was my first season moderating this division & you all have my thanks for making it quite a simple job.

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
2:47.720
106.050mph
Robert Fleurke
Qualifying
Lotus 49 (Cosworth)July 19, 2015, 09:40:06 PM +0100
S2867W
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
2:47.710
106.056mph
Robert Fleurke
Race
Lotus 49 (Cosworth)July 19, 2015, 09:40:06 PM +0100
S2867W
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Works Trophy (67) - Interlagos - Jul 19  (Read 3624 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: July 14, 2015, 10:46:15 PM +0100 »

Season 28 Works Trophy - Round 10 - Interlagos

For the final round the Privateers head to São Paulo, Brazil, to drive on the fantastic historic Interlagos 1973 circuit. A left handed historic track with a variety of tight and fast corners. The championship was decided last time out – congratulations to Iestyn for a very consistent season. Nevertheless, there is still one more race to be won.

The traditional name of the circuit (literally, "between lakes") comes from its location on the neighborhood of Interlagos, a region between two large artificial lakes, Guarapiranga and Billings, which were built in the early 20th century to supply the city with water and electric power. It was renamed in 1985 from "Autódromo de Interlagos" to "Autódromo José Carlos Pace" to honor the Brazilian Formula One driver José Carlos Pace, who died in a plane crash in 1977.

Formula One started racing there in 1972, the first year being a non-championship race, won by Argentinean Carlos Reutemann. The first World Championship Brazilian Grand Prix was held at Interlagos in 1973, the race won by defending Formula One World Champion and São Paulo local Emerson Fittipaldi. Fittipaldi won the race again the following year in bad weather and Brazilian driver José Carlos Pace won his only race at Interlagos in 1975.

Due to safety concerns with the 4.9 mile circuit, including the bumpy track surface and the inadequate barriers, deep ditches, and embankments, the last Formula One race held on the original Interlagos was in 1980. The remodelled track remains part of the modern day F1 calendar.

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL_9
IP = see iGOR
Race date = Sunday 19-07-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = ilagos73
Race length = 17 Laps (50 minutes)
Variant = 1967
60fps patch used   = 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Intermediate
Qualifying time = 30 minutes

Replays Available here

Driver lists and token rules can be found on the championship standings page

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated. For this event the red zone will be from the start to the exit of Ferradura the first lap . Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers may be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely

The chassis token system is explained on the Works standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 09:41:52 PM +0100 »

Hmm, bit of a write-off that one. Same ol' same old... roll on next season!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2015, 10:41:01 PM +0100 »

A great race for me and really enjoyed blowing all of my tokens on the Lotus..just to see what it was like.

Robert was setting a stunning pace, and I was hoping that he had not set his qually time on race fuel like me.

From the start I was looking at the rear of Greg's Fezza and he appeared to be struggling through T1 & T2, on race fuel and cold tyres. With the tow down to T3 I was contemplating the pass, but had just considered it too early and too risky when Greg braked about 50 mtrs before I was planning to drop anchor!!  Shocked Shocked
A quick test of the brakes confirmed that I would not avoid his rear end if I tried to slow, so I had to go for the pass and dived down the inside. I held it as tight to the inside as I could. I have just watched the replay and Greg stayed so wide that he got onto the grass and flipped...his race over.  Undecided

Apologies Greg, I was never my intention to force the pass, and certainly not to end your race in the process.

For the next few laps I closed up slowly on Robert but a little over enthusiastic application of gas provoked a tank slapper, and a couple of wheels dropped onto the grass later allowed him to escape. He was so quick that I was never going to catch him unless he made a huge mistake...and Robert does not do "huge" mistakes.

Iestyn kept me honest from behind but it was mostly a lonely race to 2nd place.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 01:58:53 PM +0100 »

Good but lonely race for me. Sad to see Greg had to retire early on. Couldn't break away from Clive first few laps, until he made a mistake. But then a lap later I made a mistake with a wandering mind, nudging the barrier slightly, got lucky only to lose 4s or so. From then on was able to make the gap gradually bigger to Clive, without pushing the engine/gearbox too much...had a nice setup and gearings that allowed for a lot of shortshifting...you tend to get a bit of understeer in lefthanders when the RF tire gets hot(ter)...

Really enjoyed this historic track, despite it's tight parts that usually don't suit me! Hard to get the sectors right as well...

Well done Clive and Iestyn for podium, and finishers. Commiserations to the (early) retirements...

Had a slump mid season, and then blowing up the engine at Silverstone proved too much, as Iestyn always finished on the podium...I did what I had to do, winning last two races at difficult tracks...but it wasn't enough, Greg might have held off Iestyn for P2 at Schottenring, but it wasn't to be...

Many congrats to Iestyn for championship, quite astonishing finishing all races on the podium, well done! Also well done to Clive clinching 3rd! Smiley Thanks all for racing and thanks Billy for moderating! Smiley

Driving for Antipasti Racing

JonnyO

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 10:04:25 PM +0100 »

Thank you all for coming to Brazil and race at Interlagos, I hope you enjoyed  Grin ............ and congratulations to podium!!!!!!! laugh
« Last Edit: July 20, 2015, 10:06:23 PM +0100 by JonnyO » Logged
Gismo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 11:18:33 PM +0100 »

Yikes, again I had only little practise coming into the race but with a lot shorter laptime around interlagos I felt alot more comfortable this time around.. which clearly bodes for trouble..

Was side by side with S. Blood coming through T3, missed my braking point being off racingline and came in too hot in T4, loosing the rear, spun and thereby ruined J. Walters' race, sorry man!  Sad - unfair that I was the one able to continue from that :-S
My misery was far from over, coming into T1 on the next lap a overcorrection under braking sends me aiming for the rails and I loose 3 positions (Pelle, Dean and Andreas) - luckily no damage! - I make it by Andreas (who gave plenty of room) and Dean, only to go off a few turns later and spin on the grass coming back on to the track Roll Eyes - I again start gaining, only to spin in T1 on L5 - man I have never been so unsteady since I was a noob Tongue - after that I finally got into a rythm and passed Andreas, then caught up with Pelle who overshot T3 so I could go by.. slowly but surely caught up with Dean but when I finally did it looked like I would have a hard time overtaking him, only for him to move over and give me the position - apparently only to let me roast in severe pressure as me matching my best laptime left him only inches off my gearbox.. but from seeing replay he followed me taking a too tight line through T-last on the next lap and we both scraped the wall, me - again - escaping unharmed while it seems Dean got bent out of shape and falled behind..

Such a messed up race, but quite fun - though I do think people have a tendency to be a little too nice with positions (not meant personally against you Dean!), I mean I think it's honourable that people are so respectable about not wanting to ruin eachothers races and I thourougly have enjoyed racing in this league, but I do feel that it's mainly the responsibility of the one coming from behind to make a pass and being in front only have to make room if a move is made, I'd rather go off bombdiving too deep than have the position given if I'm honest, just a little shout out..

Grats to Iestyn for such a stable performance throughout the season, and to Robert for 6 wins out of 10, 1 pts in difference, as close as it gets, incredible! - Hope to see you all on the track again soon! :-)

Peter Antonsen

"You don't need a parachute to go skydiving.. You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.."
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2015, 12:33:16 AM +0100 »

Congrats Rob, Clive, and Iestyn! Congrats to Iestyn again on his championship and congrats to Rob and Clive for silver and bronze!

Apologies Greg, I was never my intention to force the pass, and certainly not to end your race in the process.

I made a mistake. I should have conceded the position as soon as you got the nose of your car in front of mine. I wasn't thinking clearly. Subconsciously, I was probably thinking, I don't want to get stuck behind someone who will hinder my pace. That thought was probably a figment of my imagination. Smiley If following you had slowed me any, it wouldn't have been enough to cause me any problems or irritate me.

GPL can be a cruel b*tch. When I went off, I thought I might get away with my mistake but fall to the back of the field. But that fence was intent on consuming a wheel. Sad

You fast guys often expose my mistakes, however small or few they may be. I should have practiced several race starts from the left side of the track. That was the mistake I made in my practicing. Yes Clive, I got a bad entrance on a poor line into T1. That left me no room to enter T2 as I would have liked. My entry to T2 was a little faster than I would have liked, compromising my line and slowing my exit a bit.

I thought I actually braked a little late for T3. I liked braking at the #4 sign. That never caused me any drama and always gave me a good line. I could wait as long as the #3 sign light on fuel with warm tires but I couldn't do that cleanly and consistently. I knew we were in trouble as soon as I started braking. I lifted off the brakes a bit to try to give you some room and stayed as far right as I could as long as I could. You seem to be much better at braking than me. The car difference may have played a little part too.

It was a good move on your part. About the only reason I pass early in a race is because it can be the safest place to go. I'm never intent on passing someone that qualifies faster than me unless I had a real bad practice session and I think they'll keep me more than a second off my pace. I probably would have passed you if the situation had been reversed.

An unlucky start and lousy finish, made this a season for me to forget. These last two races were discouraging and annoying but as they say, poo happens!

Sad to see Greg had to retire early on.

It sucked! lol I was trying to give you something to think about. I had fun taking pole position from you for a short time. I was intent on making you do 47s to hold it. I couldn't quite get to the low 48s but I was trying. 47s will be a tough nut for me to crack in the Ferrari. It's a shame I missed the opportunity to try to stay somewhat close during the race and it appears I missed what could have been a long fight with Clive. I'm a bit angry with myself doing so poorly these last two races plus I'm screwing up the opportunities to make other drivers' races more lively. Sad I hope I get my act together next season.

Thanks guys. I hope to see you next season.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2015, 01:37:08 AM +0100 »

...I'd rather go off bombdiving too deep than have the position given if I'm honest...

Agreed, but experience (painfully earned) told me that's not the way it would have played out. I'd have been trying too hard to stay ahead, and one of my mistakes would have ended both our races (I tend to not have "small" crashes  Grin ).

If I'd had the chance for more practice (busy with out-of-town visitor this week, hence my absence on Friday), got my setup handling the bumps here better, and the ones in front hadn't been 20+ seconds ahead at that point, I might have fought. As it was, "yield the single place in safe manner, then tuck in behind and harry as best I can" seemed the best option.

Grats to Iestyn, and soooo close Rob (who I'm sure will agree that anyone who drops not one but two podiums (!) really deserves the cup).
Gismo

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 10:53:03 AM +0100 »

"I tend to not have "small" crashes" - LOL

I can understand your thinking, in my experience I'm more at risk of taking out someone when I'm behind, so taking that into consideration I think your move might be double as good ;-) and yes suddenly my car clearly changed behaviour and became much more difficult to drive, alone from the fact that I was now right in front of you Roll Eyes too bad about your damage, 'cause it seemed we were closely matched :-)

Peter Antonsen

"You don't need a parachute to go skydiving.. You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.."
Samb

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 09:33:30 PM +0100 »

I think the less said about my race the better.. Or this season thinking about it!

Nevertheless congrats to Iestyn for the Works Trophy and a big thanks for the mods of UKGPL for continuing to organise these championships. See you all next season  Smiley.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 01:37:39 PM +0100 »

WOWZER!!!  Talk about a close deal in the championship standings!  It can't get any closer without a dead-heat tie.

Congrats to Iestyn for taking the gold ring in the standings!  Full marks.

Ditto to Robert for placing P2 in a stellar run.  But for two lousy points, eh?  Sad

Great job by Clive to claim the final podium placing with solid drives to claim a just reward.  Well done.

I had a so-so S28 but thoroughly enjoyed myself in this fine GPL league.  I'm not likely to return for a full slate of races in S29 but no, you haven't seen the last of me.  Smiley
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2015, 08:46:36 PM +0100 »

Speaking of championship points, reminds me of Piquet vs Mansell - consistency vs win count!

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2015, 10:49:13 PM +0100 »

Mod report published.

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com