The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 07:38:16 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Hungaroring: July 23, 2015
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Hungaroring - Jul 23  (Read 4598 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 24, 2015, 12:15:16 PM +0100 »

We have tried DTM 1992, Touring Classics, Group 5 (which are late '70s cars) and the M1 Procar
All are good IMHO for slightly different reasons. It is a shame they have chosen to make the DTM92 and Touring
Classics to be matched performance wise, and they even handle similar(ish) but both produce good close
racing, which is what I am after. I have never cared much about hot lapping fun.
The Group 5 cars are nutter cars, great fun but overpowered monsters right up Clive's street I would say  Roll Eyes

Agree with all of this. There is enough content here to run at least 3 series within a season and when you count in the number of tracks and their alternative layouts it makes for a decent selection to choose from. The one thing that can be guaranteed with RR is a steady supply of new content as this forms the basis of their business model. As for features, they'll be worked on but currently we can practise, qualify, race closely, pit if needed and export results.

The modern cars are just as interesting for me. There is already a healthy collection of GT3 cars which drive as convincingly as anything I've tried and these are currently undergoing a major physics update with real world pro driver input. Some of the proto cars I've tried are also very well done which opens up possibilities for good multiclass racing which was always a disappointment for me in GTR2. I understand the want for historic racing in this corner of the forum and I'm all for it, but I'll also be seeking out modern racing.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 24, 2015, 12:42:43 PM +0100 »

For me the modern cars all look the same and I have no interest in them at all.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2015, 03:41:14 PM +0100 »

I guess we are all are somewhere on the same page more or less with this game. Lets indeed not forget it isn't finished yet. And i do to have a bigger interest in the older car sets, so i have no problem in running P&G again this year. (must admit i do like modern cars too)
Maybe some R3E races as sugested can be implemented in the Thursday's scedule, so we can still enjoy this game from time to time and follow its development.

I will sample some cars and tracks this weekend. Looking to buy the Euro track pack and some cars from the various packs, so i will be able to do future races with you guys.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 24, 2015, 08:05:40 PM +0100 »

Err i was shocked to see that my PC was only running at around 20% cpu usage so this is hardly taxing the PC compared to all other games in fact so i wouldnt worry about being forced to get a new PC.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2015, 12:45:10 AM +0100 »

Err i was shocked to see that my PC was only running at around 20% cpu usage so this is hardly taxing the PC compared to all other games in fact so i wouldnt worry about being forced to get a new PC.

I'm on 32 bit and likely to stay that way for some time.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2015, 07:27:56 AM +0100 »

I dont beleive the game is 64bit itself anyway so doesnt really factor into it

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:37 AM +0100 »

I dont beleive the game is 64bit itself anyway so doesnt really factor into it

Perhaps I should have said XP?

I'm sure that Evil and I were knocked out of the reckoning at day one on that count.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2015, 11:48:20 AM +0100 »

Been here before. In the official game specs it doesn't say XP, but there are posts from people who have it running under XP
I havn't tried so can't say for sure, but I suspect it would run just fine.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2015, 09:56:26 AM +0100 »

my 4 penneth for what it's worth

The game feels more arcade than sim. It needs a chat room and you need to be able to save setups and the tyre wear needs to be sorted and everyone needs to be given the chance to finish the race if they are still running and it needs some graphics set up capability from within the game................

Having said all that the cars are easy to drive which means it should make for close racing, which is what it's all about really.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2015, 11:57:10 AM +0100 »

Results posted - do they look okay, given the constraints of having no lap counts or race times available?

To finish first, first you must have fins.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2015, 05:44:40 PM +0100 »

Haddocking marvelous I would say  I Am Not Worthy
Great work Dave, thanks for that. When, and if the results get more info in them, bearing in mind the server is "Alpha"
Perhaps we can look at including more, but for the time being I will try to put together a series or 4 with what we have.
I will canvas to see what format people want.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com