The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 06:54:37 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E Laguna Seca: July 26, 2015
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE - Laguna Seca - Jul 26  (Read 5701 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 09:18:20 AM +0100 »

Server is back up.  Cheesy
Set for 30 mins prac, 20 mins Qual, 30 mins race.
Had to reboot everything, so server name is now "phspok5"
Enjoy  Cool

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 09:47:06 AM +0100 »

Watching the Spa 24hr... getting in the mood...cant beleive i'm considering it!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 09:52:10 AM +0100 »

The server is set and practice should start when the 1st person connects, if he then leaves I believe
the timer will reset.

Thanks Matt, in which case I'll log in at 10:10 and stay logged in so we get off on time.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 10:23:56 AM +0100 »

cant seem to join. got unable to connect messages and once i got in but stuck, 'waiting for response from server'

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 10:25:38 AM +0100 »

cant seem to join. got unable to connect messages and once i got in but stuck, 'waiting for response from server'

I was away from pc but saw you in there just now when I returned.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 11:06:18 AM +0100 »

Sorry but I won't be able to race, awaiting RRE customer support sorting out my lack of mirrors.  Angry

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 11:24:44 AM +0100 »

Grrr... got discod.

I did though see flickering directly ahead of my car, looked like another car, a few corners before.

Any one know why Matts alnong with a few othetrs is red in the server list?

Thought  i'd go slow trying to let you catch up a bit, then suddenly got a slow down for cutting! I assume it was for the front 'straight' but didnt really see any warnings. yhrn deem to get a warning as i crossed the finish line a few times.

Though being that the chat text is directly over the virtual mirror, makes it hard to read.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 11:29:08 AM +0100 »

Discoed mid-race again  :'(

Cars and track looked great and even with just 3 of us racing was very enjoyable except for when I totally missed my braking point into the corkscrew and t boned frex  Embarrassed sorry mate  angel

RR will probably hold these free weekends quite often as it obviously does a lot to promote sales so would be nice to continue to take advantage of their generosity by racing some of the different content. Just need to sort out best times for it.

Thanks again for your efforts Matt  thumbup1

frex

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 12:07:35 PM +0100 »

Cars and track looked great and even with just 3 of us racing was very enjoyable except for when I totally missed my braking point into the corkscrew and t boned frex  Embarrassed sorry mate  angel

No worries. Took me ages to get going again though!

Did some practice in the Audi but when I saw GT was already in one I changed to the Alpina B6 - I don't have these in AC or pCars and wanted to try something different.

Racing was fun, but annoying not being able to chat. Or maybe you can somehow?

I started to notice however that my gearchanges were getting flaky, and eventually I lost most gears and had to quit. I was under the impression that GT3 cars have auto or semi-auto gearboxes with clutchless shifting, so not sure why I would get gearbox damage? Clearly doing something wrong somewhere..

Obviously some potential here, but the historic tourers appeal to me much more - I'll give those a go later.

Thanks to the organisers.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 12:35:27 PM +0100 »

For the moment chat can only be done on track by pressing the "T" key then typing. I would expect this to be improved at a later date i.e. a chat room. Config looks to have the option to enter set messages but this has not been implemented so far (AFAIK).

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 01:57:07 PM +0100 »

I did look like you both went straight on at the corkscrew.

The only other way would be to use voice comms. I was going to say something but then forgot about it!

I think i need to check out the FFB settings a bit more. I was getting alot of FFB down the straights but mid corner i felt nothing, just very stiff, no understeer, loss of grip or traction issues.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 03:44:59 PM +0100 »

No worries. Took me ages to get going again though!

Did some practice in the Audi but when I saw GT was already in one I changed to the Alpina B6 - I don't have these in AC or pCars and wanted to try something different.

Racing was fun, but annoying not being able to chat. Or maybe you can somehow?

I started to notice however that my gearchanges were getting flaky, and eventually I lost most gears and had to quit. I was under the impression that GT3 cars have auto or semi-auto gearboxes with clutchless shifting, so not sure why I would get gearbox damage? Clearly doing something wrong somewhere..

Obviously some potential here, but the historic tourers appeal to me much more - I'll give those a go later.

Thanks to the organisers.

I've had problems also, mainly up gear changes and Immediately on Rev limiter for a few seconds before it came off and the car accelerated until it reached rev limiter ready for next gear change.  Also on braking sometimes it changed down like an automatic.  Something strange seems to occur at times.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2015, 04:02:00 PM +0100 »

Sorry if the discoes were my server's fault  Sad is hard to tell, we have had mass discoes with our proper server before
so I can't say. I am away next week in Bristol, so won't be racing, I can as I said before set up a server if anyone wants one
also, would be nice to test it using our proper server and see how that behaves.

I sort of agree with Simon's comments. Most of those points, I think, (assume) will be adressed in future updates.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
frex

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2015, 04:33:18 PM +0100 »

Ok, further to the gearbox comments above I think I have it figured, after reading up on it a bit more: If you have manual clutch enabled you HAVE to use the clutch on every gearchange, even if the real car doesn't drive that way in real life, otherwise you're going to break the gearbox. It makes no difference either how well you rev match/blip the throttle - the key point is that you have to depress the clutch every time.

That's fine on the older cars with H-pattern gearboxes (although even on those I bet you could get away with clutchless shifting at least some of the time..) but less so for some of the more modern cars with semi-auto boxes and sequential shifters. AC and pCars sort this out automatically on a per car basis, but in RRE it seems it's a blanket setting for all cars. I didn't realise this at the time, but now I do it would be a simple case of making sure that auto-clutch is enabled for the modern paddle-shifters, and manual clutch for the H-shifters (you can still use autoclutch for the H-shifters too of course if you don't have a clutch pedal).

After trying the game out a bit more I have to say I am loving the older touring cars, but the modern GTs etc are already better catered for in AC and pCars (imho). So for me personally I think I'll stick to those older cars in RRE for the moment and just leave manual clutch on..

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2015, 07:26:29 PM +0100 »

Well it's Monday and the free weekend is apparently still running  laugh

If anyone fancies a few laps I'm jumping on Matt's server now.  Smiley

Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: