The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 03:46:02 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: AC mods  (Read 4090 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2019, 02:24:39 PM +0100 »

so whats the feedback on the F1 '75 mod? Any good?

They're 70's F1 cars, what is there not to like?  Smiley

I've had this mod for a while now and consider it one of the best. There are 15 cars, all of which feel slightly different and they all lap Silverstone National within a second of each other. Cars are not at all difficult to drive with default setups and when you reach the limit you're more likely to just lose time than you are to crash out. Physics seem to be very solid with no wtf moments that I can recall....there are plenty of options for set up and a choice of hard or soft tyres. FFB is excellent which really helps the immersion and drivability, makes you feel like Emerson Fittipaldi!

If there is one downside the graphics aren't spectacular, but good enough not to be distracting. Lotus and Ferrari use original Kunos models but with changed physics, for the better imo.

If there's a series I'm up for it as long as I'm at home to race. None of your namby pamby 40 minute sprints though please, gotta be at least an hour  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2019, 05:49:10 PM +0100 »

The issue with the Kuno's 312 and Lotus is purely setup IMO - I managed to make a setup for the Lotus at Spa that was fantastic to drive and push with, while also forgiving enough that only the biggest mistakes woud end in an accident.
I haven't found that yet in the Ferrari, although to be far I've spent less time in it.

I've driven about 6 of the '75 cars and found them all enjoyable - they're all different as mentioned, and while the GFX aren't as good as Kuno's cars I've only found one that was bugged in any way. And I only found that because I drive in the Rift to start with..

It should be a requirement that you upgrade all the DFV cars to this sound mod also  Wink
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/cosworth-dfv-soundmod-immersive-replays.27747/

It blows the stock sounds out of the water angel
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2019, 06:43:25 PM +0100 »

Cool, will organise a test race after the CanAm series finishes  Smiley

MaxVeloce
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2019, 08:12:55 PM +0100 »

I havn't tested them yet, but

its a shame it isn't going to be sundays though, I know for sure 1 guy who would join that but can't make wednesdays
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2019, 07:14:56 AM +0100 »

Sounds good to me!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2019, 08:27:49 AM +0100 »

it could be sundays if it was earlier evening, like a 7.30 race start and maybe alternate bi-weekly with SRW's gt series.  Would need a poll for likely attendance and to see who could make which day better, ie weds or sunday.

MaxVeloce
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2019, 11:01:05 AM +0100 »

oh no,  why suddenly the hour earlier race start?  -  anything earlier than 8pm start automatically counts me out.  Otherwise sunday alternating with SRWs GTs sounds good and I know Alex who has been doing the sunday races for a while now will definitely do classic f1 races,  but timezone means he can only do weekend races.

I wasn't really expecting sunday to happen though (it was more wishful thinking), so do what suits the masses  Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2019, 11:51:38 AM +0100 »

what tracks would we want to use with an F1-75 mod? I know there is a 70's trackpack, made years ago, converted from P&G, but if i remember correctly some of them were a bit rough/basic or in the case of Imola, quite wrong! (But i think there are better versions of older Imola available now anyway).

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2019, 12:39:13 PM +0100 »

what tracks would we want to use with an F1-75 mod? I know there is a 70's trackpack, made years ago, converted from P&G, but if i remember correctly some of them were a bit rough/basic or in the case of Imola, quite wrong! (But i think there are better versions of older Imola available now anyway).

As much as I like classic tracks, they can be a little boring to race imo and they do vary in quality. These cars are nimble enough to handle some of the more modern versions of classic F1 venues? Silverstone, Monza, Spa, Hungaroring, Imola, Brands, Doni, Nurby, Suzuka, Zandvoort?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
MaxVeloce
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2019, 12:48:41 PM +0100 »

A couple of corkers here https://www.f3classictracks.com , although they are pay. I have Sandevoerde (Zandvoort) and am gonna buy Eifel Sudstrecke  when I pull my finger out...

Goodwood (a classic for classics!)

Silverstone 67 ?

Watkins Glen boot classic?

Charade (short 4k layout), had much fun there in the 312T previously

Brands GP

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2019, 01:42:01 PM +0100 »

it could be sundays if it was earlier evening, like a 7.30 race start and maybe alternate bi-weekly with SRW's gt series.  Would need a poll for likely attendance and to see who could make which day better, ie weds or sunday.

I think it would make sense to avoid running another series on Sunday nights. During the alternating weeks we race RRE GT3 races on a Sunday night. If you start running AC events on the same night we will end up with people opting for one or other of the races and the grids will get even smaller  Sad
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2019, 02:55:31 PM +0100 »

no worries SRW, will leave Sunday in your domain and stick to weds night racing. Kiss

I prefer period tracks for period vintage racing where possible, so would aim to fill a calender with them before resorting to modern circuits but realise they are better quality and more readily available. Being 70's cars they are already erring towards the modern era of tracks than hay-bales on the corners  Grin

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2019, 05:28:00 PM +0100 »

I havn't tested them yet, but

its a shame it isn't going to be sundays though, I know for sure 1 guy who would join that but can't make wednesdays

SRO are potentialy planning a series of 'long' (I.E. over an hour) races with these on Sundays - I think the idea is to do it after the current 718 series ends.
I've also heard these are meant to be great on the Sudschlief, but have only driven it so far in the 718.
It's good, but you can't expect to use payware in a series as people are bound to baulk at the money.
Zandy can be used though as there is a free version that is identical bar the trackside scenery.

I think you'd need to do a longer layout of watkins too - My testing at Siverstone '67 and Dijon is giving laps only just over 1 minute. Watkins boot would be about 50 seconds I'd guess Cheesy
MaxVeloce
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2019, 05:52:16 PM +0100 »

SRO are potentialy planning a series of 'long' (I.E. over an hour) races with these on Sundays - I think the idea is to do it after the current 718 series ends.

I've also heard these are meant to be great on the Sudschlief, but have only driven it so far in the 718.
It's good, but you can't expect to use payware in a series as people are bound to baulk at the money.
Zandy can be used though as there is a free version that is identical bar the trackside scenery.

I think you'd need to do a longer layout of watkins too - My testing at Siverstone '67 and Dijon is giving laps only just over 1 minute. Watkins boot would be about 50 seconds I'd guess Cheesy
I would have done that 718 series but it just starts at the wrong time for me,  I'm busy making / having dinner with my dad then. If the possible new series starts the same time then meh, will miss that too.

Payware yeh, although I'm sure that guy has said before he would do bulk discount for leagues, though its possible I mis-remembered that part and it was another modder said that Huh. Either way that Sandvoerde is a beauty, love driving it in old cars, and of course it brings back the early GPL memories.

Isn't "boot" the long / extended layout of the watkins track, or did I get it back to front Tongue
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2019, 05:20:51 PM +0100 »

Boot is the original/short layout Tongue
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com