The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 26, 2024, 07:28:38 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1H Mid-Ohio: August 13, 2015
August 13, 2015, 09:03:26 PM +0100 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 1 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 1 1:24.188
---
1 1:24.735
---
Goodyear  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 2 +0.137
---
2 1:24.130
---
Dunlop  
mr_belowski

Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 3 +0.849
---
3 1:24.578
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Nissan Silvia Turbo RRE Gr.5 4 1:29.827
---
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Nissan Silvia Turbo RRE Gr.5 4 +4.918
---
5 ---
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Nissan Silvia Turbo RRE Gr.5 5 +6.518
---
---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
RRE Gr.5
1:24.130
---
goldtop
Race
Porsche Fabcar 935August 13, 2015, 09:03:26 PM +0100
E1H
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Race Room Historics - Mid-Ohio - Aug 13  (Read 9620 times)
GooseCreature

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2015, 04:18:22 PM +0100 »

Aye up! Is there room for another? 
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2015, 04:24:18 PM +0100 »

Aye up! Is there room for another? 
Absolutely (please be a slow driver so I can have someone to race with  Wink)

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2015, 04:34:06 PM +0100 »

Sounds like a fellow northerner, oh yes please. The more the merrier. Bring your mates, and your Mum  Roll Eyes
If you are slow, then Tony and I can race you, if you are an  alien then You can have fun giving Reinhard
a hard time  whistling
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 04:37:15 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2015, 07:51:30 PM +0100 »

Hey Gents

I am looking forward to racing with you. Thank you Goldtop for the welcome. I am away till the 17th, but will surely be there for the next race.

Anthony Rofail
#Ant

#Ant
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2015, 08:20:45 PM +0100 »

Good to see you here Ant......look forward to racing with you  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2015, 09:06:57 PM +0100 »

hello,

how is the rules for come out of track?
i did any laps and often i come in grass and got a cutwarning,
as this cars are not easy to drive i think i will come any times out of track (and other perhaps too).

i can remember race in algarve where any of us get a pitbox penalty for to much cuttings (come out of track), is this in this race same rules?

i hope not, as in this track you can not cut (at least i do not know where), but the cut detection? (places when you get a cutwarning) is not good in this track, you get often a cutwarning only to come in grass and loose time,
so it would perhaps better to make cutwarnings out (or what name is), no fun if any of use must do a pitbox penalty for nothing.

other then this....
this cars are much more difficulty then the dtm92 cars, i did test 5-6 laps the capri, bmw and 1 of the nissans, all 3 cars was not easy for me in push push out of corners, think i did 1.25.xxx with each car, but not 100%.
i like old cars in raceroom game very much.

servus
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: August 10, 2015, 09:42:42 PM +0100 »

Reinhard

For all the races in this series I have set cut track to "slow down" rather than the stop and go, which, as you say, was too harsh
particularly for these cars.

So if you go off track often, the car will automatically slow down for a couple of seconds, then you continue as normal.
I believe it is enough of a penalty for deliberate cutting, but not too much for accidental grass tracking. angel
« Last Edit: August 10, 2015, 09:44:22 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

Clive Loynes

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 11, 2015, 06:47:23 AM +0100 »

You were always too soft on them Matt!

A public flogging would be better.   Grin

I'm home from OZ but not doing any racing whilst I fit new pots to my pedals.  Any winky blinky brake lights after that will be my foot!

Still not interested in spending money on a half-baked sim but watching your progress with interest.

SBRC  UKPnG Season 6, 7 & 8 Champions (Missed Season 9 by a gnat's nadger!)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2015, 07:50:24 AM +0100 »

Clive, a good sound thrashing may be appropriate with a large grid, but when there are only a few drivers
and you may only have one of them at your own pace, enforced pitting did as Reinhard said rather spoil the
Algarve event. Maybe if we get larger grids, the penalty will change, but for the moment the slow down
works well. It kept GT from passing me at Austria quite nicely  Roll Eyes

I hear you on spending money, this is not complete, and some of the features we are used to are not there yet
but half baked is unfair. The cars drive well, the tracks are much better done than the home brewed PG tracks we mostly used
it could do with some more tracks, but there is enough to run a series, and the racing is 1st class as far as it goes.
We could do with a decent size grid to make it even better  Cool For the tracks and cars we are currently using
it's not a lot of money. You might actually enjoy it, Simon seemed to likeit, though he's gone quiet recently.
We are now using the SROUK server rather than my own, so hopefully connections will be more reliable.

mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 11, 2015, 09:56:55 PM +0100 »

Just had a play with the Dekon Monza. It's just a big cuddly pussy cat. In the same way that a starving tiger is a big cuddly pussy cat.

Utterly bonkers bunch of cars Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2015, 11:14:03 PM +0100 »

The Dekon is beyond my skill level. I have tried it a couple of times and failed miserably. The other Chevy that's not a mustang
is the most drivable for me. It is said that if a car is hard to drive then it's probably fast, so maybe if an Alien can tame it
it will be super quick, but my ancestors are not from the Asgard homeworld  alien

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 12, 2015, 10:04:15 AM +0100 »

I wanted to see how far I could get on the leaderboards with the Dekon so I gave it an hour last night. Default setup didn't really work at all for me with entry oversteer and violent snap oversteer on corner exit catching me every time. I ended up softening the springs and arbs and raising the ride height. I controlled the resulting boat with careful damping and with some diff adjustments it worked out not too bad really giving me decent control but still off the pace of the Mekon in the Dekon at the top of the leaderboard  alien

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1674&driving_model=2&car_class=4145

Gave the vette a go with similar settings and it felt much more rapid and within a couple of laps I was quicker.

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1674&driving_model=2&car_class=4075

Both Datsuns are easier to get round and quicker than the chevies as is the bimmer.

My favourite car of this pack is unsurprisingly the 935  wub It also seems to be the quickest with at least a 10 kph advantage over everything on the back straight although it's easy to overdo it and lose time elsewhere.

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1674&car_class=2859&driving_model=2

The leaderboard timings are real hotlap territory with flattering track conditions so I expect race pace to be a fair way off these times for me anyway.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 12, 2015, 10:52:42 AM +0100 »

Nice times.

Is there a difference in grip level then between the leaderboard hotlaps and normal free practice? I seem to be stuck in the 25s (free practice), but always there is a mistake somewhere.. Only tried the BMW as I noticed it has a Jagermeister livery, so I'm sold on that. Though I do like the 935, especially with Martini livery. And that sound..
mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 12, 2015, 10:54:36 AM +0100 »

I thought the default dekon setup at Ohio was OK. A bit leery and didn't respond well to being chucked around but was able to hook up some consistent laps. But you've got me worried that I've backed the wrong horse here and will be hopelessly out-paced in it Sad
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 12, 2015, 11:38:20 AM +0100 »

Nice times.

Is there a difference in grip level then between the leaderboard hotlaps and normal free practice? I seem to be stuck in the 25s (free practice), but always there is a mistake somewhere.. Only tried the BMW as I noticed it has a Jagermeister livery, so I'm sold on that. Though I do like the 935, especially with Martini livery. And that sound..

Yes, leaderboard conditions are definitely quicker probably same as quali or maybe even better.

Still haven't decided what to drive so I'll see who turns out in what on the night  Smiley

Would be nice to have a one drive per car series with these like Tony does with some of his GTL series  Wink

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com