The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 18, 2024, 08:52:11 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1H Mid-Ohio: August 13, 2015
August 13, 2015, 09:03:26 PM +0100 - Mid-Ohio (Full) - RRE Season 1 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 1 1:24.188
---
1 1:24.735
---
Goodyear  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Porsche Fabcar 935 RRE Gr.5 2 +0.137
---
2 1:24.130
---
Dunlop  
mr_belowski

Ford Zakspeed Capri RRE Gr.5 3 +0.849
---
3 1:24.578
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Nissan Silvia Turbo RRE Gr.5 4 1:29.827
---
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Nissan Silvia Turbo RRE Gr.5 4 +4.918
---
5 ---
---
Dunlop  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
Nissan Silvia Turbo RRE Gr.5 5 +6.518
---
---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
RRE Gr.5
1:24.130
---
goldtop
Race
Porsche Fabcar 935August 13, 2015, 09:03:26 PM +0100
E1H
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Race Room Historics - Mid-Ohio - Aug 13  (Read 9604 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2015, 08:58:33 PM +0100 »

Far to many excursions in to the gravel for me. Tried to make in roads into Rogers lead but everytime I thought I was making progress I went off. Still fun tho.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 13, 2015, 09:26:06 PM +0100 »

my brain and my arms hurt after that. I've no idea how you guys can keep it so consistent without binning it.

I was on the ragged edge trying to keep with the leader for the first half of the race (which was *properly* exciting) but I was inches away from a massive off on pretty much every corner.

First time I've ever raced the Capri and I have to say that it's ace. Bonkers and exhausting, but ace Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 13, 2015, 09:36:44 PM +0100 »

Another low turnout but still enjoyable stuff.

Had a nice start to sneak the lead off Reinhard but then at start of lap 2 I got it all wrong at T1  Hit with a wet fish Spent the next 10 minutes trying to claw back time and then a lapse in concentration put me in the gravel at T2 to undo all the work Roll Eyes

Managed to nab 2nd when Jim got off track but was never going to catch Reinhard in the remaining time.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2015, 09:51:10 PM +0100 »

Well there were at least 3 who might have come, but didn't make it, myself included.
The results output seem buggy, it seems to miss out one driver each event. I can probably edit the file
and enter the results, I think it lost roger if he was in a Nissan, but what name did you race under roger if so?

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2015, 11:06:30 PM +0100 »

Hi .... roger dean, nick is roguk,  was in Nissan enjoyed race, could not compete with those 3 fast guys, 30 min race about right was concentrating so much on staying on track was knackered and no way to check all the info flashing up and top of screen.

Got to find out why RR will not start spent nearly an hour trying to get into game, it just sits at screen (4 weeks summer sale) tried launching from desk top short cut and from steam, reset comp twice just luck it worked just before race. Thanks for organizing and hope to race next week.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2015, 11:39:26 PM +0100 »

Roger, RR can take a while to load especially when you've made any in game graphics setting changes. Even on my SSD it can take over a minute which can be annoying but I've never known it to not start eventually. Best way to check is to tab out to task manager where you'll probably see it's still loading.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2015, 11:47:42 PM +0100 »

Could be the "Press any key" text is being obscured by the adverts?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2015, 11:19:16 AM +0100 »

Results posted
I had to make a guess at the tyres for the Nissan, I can correct it for the future.
Not sure yet, but it may be that names with two words confuses it. It seems to put an _ in
but sometimes it may not. I entered "Roger_Dean" and it bought that.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 11:21:14 AM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2015, 11:46:28 AM +0100 »

Roger is listed twice?

Thought I had assigned all the tyres. Lunchtime I'll check those out and hopefully fix.

EDIT: Dunlop's fine
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 01:23:46 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2015, 02:30:39 PM +0100 »

it was a difficulty race for me with this cars,

after i did loose p1 in start (or after T2 in long straight?, did forgot) i little surprised about topspeed of goldtop car and not sure if i would be able to stay in touch with him, but he did make mistake in T1 in next lap and was then 8-9 sec. behind me,
but the other capri from mr. belowski was still close behind me and i was not realy able to drive away,
i saw that goldtop comes step by step closer again, and mr. belowski was still 1-2sec. behind me and after 10-15min. perhaps it looks like that i am the slowest one of us three, but then goldtop and mr. belowski did mistake and i was around 13-14 sec. in front again,

which was very good for me, as i was already push on limit and not sure if i had survive this fast speed without make a mistake with this difficulty cars,
then in end of race the front tyres was very bad and my laptimes get slower and slower and goldtop comes closer with 0.5sec. a lap and last laps around 1sec.
lucky for me the race was over after 30min. and i did survive with around 5-6 sec. lead (i think, can not remember exactly).

30min. race is realy long with this grou5 cars, it did feel like 1hour with normaly modern GT cars, always try to drive as fast as possible without overshoot? the car and make mistake is realy not easy for me.

this cars are beast cars but realy good feeling to push around the track this cars are and the great sound make feelling more good, the capri had extrem good sound.

i hope, if the hot summer time is over, more people do make this raceroom game races, in Racedepartment the raceroom races (and most other races too) have low driver number too, and i did read, that they think it is because of summer time, so i hope for more people in near future, as this racegame is realy great fun.

servus

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2015, 06:55:06 PM +0100 »

Matt, re: the results. It could be that drivers who join (or rejoin) during qualy are not noticed?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com