The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:11:40 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Event 26th August - GT86 at Aosta  (Read 2005 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2015, 07:10:32 AM +0100 »

FUN EVENT
Booking: From 19:15 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:15 (15 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45  20 laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: Toyota gt86

Track: Aosta grand sport http://www.virtualr.net/aosta-assetto-corsa-3-4-2-released
Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=25
SESSION_TRANSFER=60

Damage: 70%

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:15 UK time.

IMPORTANT:

-The PLP app VERSION 1.3 (http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/a-pit-lane-penalty-app-for-repeated-track-cutting-1-2.17852/) is required. The file is an attachment on the first message, download and install as it is.The string that is posted in chat when you join should read: "PLP:running version 1.2,3-50-3-True-1.3-0.9-3" - if it doesn't, then you will be excluded from the results.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 09:15:07 PM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2015, 12:21:09 PM +0100 »

New PLP-app.

version 1.3: Uses tyre dirt level as well to make the detection of off-track wheels more accurate.

The previous version had a limitation because the game regards a lot of areas like run-offs and astroturf as valid track, with no wheels out. But now, similarly to the RSR Rank app, it takes into account when your tyres are getting dirty, so it can tell more accurately how many wheels are off track. It's still not perfect, because some tarmac areas outside of the track limits are still a valid track surface, and don't make your tyres dirty, so can't be detected as off-track. It's an improvement though.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2015, 02:24:34 PM +0100 »

Not even tried this car in AC yet and know nothing about Aosta, so double whammy for me. Will have to find a spare bit of time for praccy before weds eve

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2015, 03:12:50 PM +0100 »

I didn't recognise the track name but after I'd set the practice server up earlier I joined to check and we have run it in a previous guise before. I don't think my 2 minute laps will be competitive somehow Wink

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2015, 04:37:13 PM +0100 »

New PLP-app.

version 1.3: Uses tyre dirt level as well to make the detection of off-track wheels more accurate.

I would STRONGLY suggest that everyone gets the new version of PLP installed before booking for the race. Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2015, 08:52:09 PM +0100 »

The tracks nice and flowing, good layout for racing..and race cars,  Smiley. which leads me to the car choice yawn it's just dull  no it doesn't feel fast and understeers everywhere.

Not sure if the gt86 has some trick suspension but the default setup has positive front toe and camber  Huh I had to move the sliders down to bottom setting just to get -0.8 front camber  Undecided

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2015, 09:19:16 PM +0100 »

Having tried it round Zandvoort i thought it might work well round here, though it was a long time ago we ran it.

Think of it that its more about precision than power!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 03:30:33 PM +0100 »

Hi guys, will the PLP v1.3 just overwrite the older v1.2? Or do i have to manualy delete the old one?

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 04:21:51 PM +0100 »

Always safer to delete the old one I'd say

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 07:18:44 PM +0100 »

Server is up, sadly something has cropped up so I can't join in Sad Play nice with each other Wink

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2015, 09:48:52 PM +0100 »

Despite my own misgivings about the car and only 6 attendees  Roll Eyes I enjoyed that tonight  Smiley

Whilst the car was dull to practise with, it came alive in race conditions with others to chase.
Qually was very close from the start but I found I had top 4 pace so the race boded well.

Got a good start up into 2nd after first corners and set after Bob who shot into the lead. Had great fun chasing him hard and setting continuous PB's doing so.
That lasted for 8 laps but then I had two duff laps as fast Ed caught me, getting out of shape and then spinning when I lost sight of him in a hairpin  :'(
Luckily I had a 13sec lead over 4th so kept my place. That was it until the end finishing 3rd  Smiley

Congrats to Ed and Bob ahead of me. great track this one, should be used again with some racier cars  thumbup1

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2015, 10:05:18 PM +0100 »

Grin Shame about low numbers but all the same had a blast.  This car is most underestimated, I personally think it's one of my favorites but most surprised to qualy 2nd. got a good start but noticed Animal drop to the back. The next few laps were hectic with MJ on my boot lid being a hooligan. Managed to pull a very small gap by half race but had my eye on Animal catching rapidly.  I think MJ went of track letting him through.  Next six laps did everything possible to keep in front but the pressure told on lap 18 and I spun at the first corner.  Great racing Animal, but I had the impression you could have gone by at any time.  Really had fun, AC behaved for a change. Bob.
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2015, 10:10:33 PM +0100 »

Despite coming last I enjoyed tonight's race.

Still learning so be patient
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2015, 10:49:55 PM +0100 »

Grin Shame about low numbers but all the same had a blast.  This car is most underestimated, I personally think it's one of my favorites but most surprised to qualy 2nd. got a good start but noticed Animal drop to the back. The next few laps were hectic with MJ on my boot lid being a hooligan. Managed to pull a very small gap by half race but had my eye on Animal catching rapidly.  I think MJ went of track letting him through.  Next six laps did everything possible to keep in front but the pressure told on lap 18 and I spun at the first corner.  Great racing Animal, but I had the impression you could have gone by at any time.  Really had fun, AC behaved for a change. Bob.

For last week or two I have network problems but wasn`t sure is it due to my provider (again) or MR plugin (reported to MInolin as possible bug) as I don`t go on other public servers without it - reason to drop back and see for lap or two for possible warping.
Since everything went fine here, it is likely that MR plugin have some issues.

Race was really great fun for me, having someone to chase/dice with all the time but it was also hard work.
Track by itself is excellent but, with same cars it is hard to overtake without using elbowz (not my style) or forcing to an error (my style - mine or opponents, error is an error) because there is no alternative lines, at least I didn`t find any so, Bob, you did just fine by keeping your lines untill that mistake.

You had, most likely more inflated tires than me so better top speed but I had better cornering speed and that is why I was able to put pressure on you but nothing more than that.
Better to finish race behind than ruin all with dive bomb or something that would put both of us out. I am racing only for fun.

Anyway, thanks for the race.
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2015, 09:17:48 AM +0100 »

Well, that was the first time i fired up AC after my holidays and with a new car to use at a unknown track layout it was a steep learning curve. Took until deep into the race to get to grips with this car, which likes to keep fluid lines, which i was not doing uptill then  laugh  I was in the way of Sutol and Spanner for a number of laps and when Spanner finally got past i could not match his pace.
Surely need some practice to be anywhere remotely competitive here  Tongue

Did not for one moment noticed there where just a few cars on track as i had one or two cars around all race long. Keeps you on your toes, nice..
Congrats to the podium and see you all for next weeks race.

great track this one, should be used again with some racier cars  thumbup1
Yup, did a MP race on the Intermediate layout with the DTM cars. Also great around here. We should use this track again sometime indeed

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com