The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 08:40:47 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1H Sonoma Raceway: September 17, 2015
September 17, 2015, 09:06:16 PM +0100 - Sonoma Raceway (Long) - RRE Season 1 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Anty

BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 1 1:36.414
---
1 1:36.545
---
Pirelli  
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 2 +0.190
---
2 1:37.184
---
Yokohama  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 3 +0.563
---
3 1:36.544
---
Pirelli  
mr_belowski

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 4 +1.231
---
4 1:37.441
---
Yokohama  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 5 +1.966
---
5 1:37.417
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 6 +2.097
---
6 1:38.678
---
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 7 1:42.225
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 7 +15.085
---
8 1:49.470
---
Yokohama  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 9 1:38.576
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 10 ---
---
Pirelli  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 1 Race Room Historics - Sonoma Raceway - Sep 17  (Read 9506 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2015, 11:04:17 PM +0100 »

You can run in the game as whatever you want Dieter. As long as it picks up the name, when I import the results it refuses
until I link the SROUK forum name (which is all SROUK knows about for championship scores) to the in game name, then in future it knows who you are.
Some people have several lobby names which resolve to their Srouk Forum name, it's not a problem.

I watched the replay and there were some ace battles in the field. Jim flickered out of the replay once that I saw, but was solid
for the rest of the race. We had some bad discos happening in our test races on my server, which may have been it's fault
I could never prove it, but since we have been using our official server we have not had any issues so far.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:33:04 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2015, 11:21:52 PM +0100 »

Inspired track choice for these cars, grats Matt.

Mrs Wiltshire was late leaving work which set everything back by about one hour, so I was finishing dinner 5 mins before race start. Not ideal preparation but I really didn't want too miss this one.

Great racing with you Bill but it was a tricky track to try a passing move. I did notice that your gearing seemed a bit long. I had my final drive set a few clicks down from the default so I could use all 6 gears, did you adjust this at all?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2015, 06:01:18 AM +0100 »

Not had much time to practice it was only in last 5 mins of qualifying I started to get the feel of the track and had time to realise only using 4 gears.  Changed to lowest ratio, think Group A has 5 cogs, and the Evo 6!

Yes narrow windy track equally difficult leaving room for overtakers - my downfall.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2015, 09:02:21 AM +0100 »

Take your point about lappers Bill. I was totally caught out by Ant, sorry mate  Sad

I usually try to get out of the way but I was so engaged in track navigation I simply did not notice your rapid approach.

Nice to have folks at the back doing similar times to my own, not such a lonely experience. Hope we get a few more slower guys.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2015, 10:05:09 AM +0100 »

I think I may have figured out the start (atleast for R3E (setting myself up for a fall, next one I'll fluff..)). I definitely got a better one than TM, I nearly rear ended him. Ofcourse, I slowed and the domino theory was put in motion. No doubt, the air turned blue behind me..
I responded by trying to let everyone go, obviously giving too much room and the slow downs commenced. And yes, I was truelly in the way, hence (is it wrong?, to call yerself an idiot).

The race from then to about half way was ace, I gained atleast one place with an intentional, overtake, no really..

Jim and TM were obviously bored with each others company from time to time. Both dropping back, just close enough to give me false hope.

Grats to Anthony, Reinhard and Tudor. And to everyone else, thanks for the opportunity gents.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2015, 01:37:18 PM +0100 »

Apart from cosmetics it didn't really matter, but what were you doing crawling along in T1 when I rammed you up the chuff Tony?
Being used to P&G disco styley I assumed you were about to drop the conn so wasn't too worried about contact, but then
my bonnet said differently afterwards  Shocked

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2015, 01:57:07 PM +0100 »

Erm, I don't honestly remember. I guess there's a replay file on my PC somewhere which I will have a look at.

EDIT: I see that in the replay area there is a RRE section but only one replay file is there (Norisring). Are we not saving replays?
« Last Edit: September 18, 2015, 01:59:12 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2015, 03:31:49 PM +0100 »

EDIT: I see that in the replay area there is a RRE section but only one replay file is there (Norisring). Are we not saving replays?

The game saves replays no matter what, you'll have your own Tony. In My Documents/My Games/SimBin/RaceRoom Racing Experience/ReplayData. I did have one, I deleted it immediately that I left the game...
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2015, 04:17:44 PM +0100 »

So far I have not found any actual  replays on the server, it creates directories, but when I have looked there has been nothing in them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com