Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 02:30:20 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Sandown: September 11, 2015
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Sandown - Sep 11  (Read 3784 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: September 06, 2015, 12:58:35 PM +0100 »

S28 -Tasman Trophy - Round 4 - 67 Formula 2 - Sandown International

Just for fun and to give the F2's a chance to stretch their legs again we are running a short series based upon the Tasman series that used to run down in the Antipodies. There will be 5 races, all on Aussie or New Zealand circuits, some of which might be new to you but almost all of them are easy to learn. There will be 4 short sprint races of 30 minutes and a 45 minute race to finish up with.
First race is Tuesday 1st September and the plan is to run these races on    Tuesdays and Fridays    for the next couple of weeks.

PLEASE NOTE THE CAR LIMITS FOR THE LIGHT DRIVERS AND EVEN THE HEAVIES HAVE TO PLAN, AS THEY CAN ONLY USE CARS ONCE....  If this proves exceptionally popular and the next season's preparations are not quite ready we might add more races........

The tracks are:-
SURFERS PARADISE
Amaroo 96  ( make sure you get the correct version, the early one caused many discos!)
Lakeside
sandown International
Either Bathurst ( Mt Panorama) or Adelaide

Race List   =     IGOR
Server   =   UKGPL_8
IP Address   =   look at IGOR
Race date   =   11-09-2015  
GPL mod   =   67F2
60fps patch used   =   60fpsV2newmod
Track   =   Sandown International     http://home.iprimus.com.au/lowe24/Sandown%201968/
Qualification   =   20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race   =   race starts at ~21:30 UK time
Race length   =   ~30 min -> 25 laps
Damage Model   =   INT

Please restrict chat to banter and name calling during practice and shut up for the race,
including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Moderation will be on reported incidents only.  

GLA and have FUN

Each driver has 2 resets, but must do an SnG in the pits for each one...If you are clever enough to do 2 resets in one lap Roll Eyes, then you must do a stop on each of the next 2 laps.

PASSWORD =   BONZER

Lights....each car can only be used once
 Ferrari 166, Brab Bt14, Cooper, Lotus 41, Lola BMW

Heavies...free car choice, but can only use a car once
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 07:07:54 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2015, 05:30:24 PM +0100 »

I won't be around for this race...I'll be at the Goodwood Revival watching the action, or by 9p.m. enjoying a beer with Billy.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2015, 07:52:21 PM +0100 »

So just let us run this race the next Friday the 18th Wink

Goodwood is more important! Enjoy it!

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 04:27:20 PM +0100 »

No answer means we run it tonight.

Training server is up

Axel "Cookie"

FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2015, 09:43:49 PM +0100 »

Screen freeze  Sad
Not that it was going to well anyway after getting hit from the rear early on and then going off trying to avoid rear ending someone myself..
AnGex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 09:45:24 PM +0100 »

Disco-time again...

Get up, stand up: stand up for your right!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 09:56:38 AM +0100 »

Screen freeze  Sad

Same for me, crossing the line in 3rd position...

Axel "Cookie"

Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 02:59:54 PM +0100 »

That's weird, Sandown68 is not known for screenfreezes. I'm afraid some tracks still have problems when we use 60FPS with it...

We had early this year a problem free race at oAo, with 67s, at 36FPS...

Driving for Antipasti Racing

GregT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 06:51:51 PM +0100 »

Congrats Tristan, Ray, Roberto!

That was a crazy race for me. My apologies ,Roberto and Iestyn, for causing a mess at T1 on lap 1. Luckily it wasn't as bad as I thought it might be. I braked a little late. I couldn't turn in to take the turn at that speed without hitting Tristan. I was hoping after I spun I'd be far enough out of the way to recover at the back of the field with an undamaged car. Unfortunately GPL's crash box wasn't going to allow that. I got away quicker than Roberto and Iestyn even though I had to reset.

I had a good race going with Roberto. I kept looking for a place to pass but never saw one. He ran wide once but it was to early in the race to risk trying a pass. I fell back after I clipped the curb at the slowest turn and spun. Roberto spun before the bridge later on the same lap. Here I come flying along and can't avoid his stationary car. My apologies again. Somehow Roberto's able to drive away from this!

You can see I landed on my head again. lol Another reset and I get going ahead of Roberto again, but just like lap 1, I have to relinquish the position after another s&g.

Thanks Dave for moving well out of the way on the final lap when I was trying to catch Roberto again. That was very kind. It's a shame you spun earlier in the race when you moved over to let me pass.

That's weird, Sandown68 is not known for screenfreezes. I'm afraid some tracks still have problems when we use 60FPS with it...

GPLRACER ran the 66s here several months ago and I don't remember any problems there either.

Thanks guys, it was good fun.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2015, 09:50:46 PM +0100 »

I have no knowledge about hardware, but for software, GPL-wise, the risk of a freeze is perhaps double compared to normal 36 fps. A freeze occurs when you put a wheel directly on a miniscule gap in the track. Almost every track has some of these gaps, but they are very small, only 1 or 2 GPL units, which is something like 0.01 of a millimetre. Gaps above 2 units are not accepted by GPL track makers, as the risk of a freeze will become too big. With 36 fps, the chances of skipping over these small gaps is very high, with 60 fps still high, but slightly less because the physics update almost twice as much, so the chance of you ending up in one of those gaps at the precise time GPL is computing stuff is higher.

There are other factors that can cause a screen freeze. I don't know exactly what the other causes are, but it seems poor fps oddly seems to cause more freezes. On line, it can happen that somebody experiences a freeze and somehow takes others with him in his fall who would have been perfectly fine continuing otherwise, perhaps because GPL keeps track of other online players similar to the initial player. Perhaps this is why offline freezes are less common, no chance for others to freeze up and take you with them, as perhaps AI is computed differently.

Whilst freezes are usually physics related, CTD's are usually graphics related.

Sorry to say, but I have the suspect that racing online with a wlan or a bad connection can affect other drivers too...

Axel "Cookie"

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 12:27:19 AM +0100 »

The cause of disco's has been discussed before.  A few here have some knowledge, but only one I know of has professional knowledge.  Badblood claimed bad Client connections affect only the Client side.  I will add to this - I think a bad Server signal affects a bad Client signal, more than it affects a good Client signal.  A bad connection can happen 100km from the Server, or 10,000km.  A connection can be short one day, and long the next day.  The Online traffic and each computer location is a part of this.

Happy am I because my connection has been landline, and not Wifi for 1 year and more.  Is any racer here Wifi?  We have many more disco's now than a year ago. Undecided 
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 12:59:10 AM +0100 by maddog » Logged
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 08:38:21 AM +0100 »

When it comes to avoiding discos for me the following helps.

Whenever I am racing here at UKGPL I ensure that all my Donna Summer, Earth Wind and Fire, Chic and Bee Gees, etc records are in there album sleeves and at least 10 feet away from my hi-fi.

As a fail safe I also never wear my John Travolta style white suit or any kind of flared trousers while racing.

I hope this helps  laugh laugh laugh
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 01:11:48 PM +0100 »

On line, it can happen that somebody experiences a freeze and somehow takes others with him in his fall who would have been perfectly fine continuing otherwise, perhaps because GPL keeps track of other online players similar to the initial player. Perhaps this is why offline freezes are less common, no chance for others to freeze up and take you with them, as perhaps AI is computed differently.

Sorry to say, but I have the suspect that racing online with a wlan or a bad connection can affect other drivers too...

I came to GPL after GTR2 (P&G). In GTR2 leagues, they ask that no one leave the server until the race is over because you might inadvertently take other participants with you. So it seems that this particular problem is much worse in GTR2. 

Sunday Driver
Iestyn Davies

Variety comes in packs of 7 GPL cars! Drive 5/day!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 09:56:07 PM +0100 »

I did get a screenfreeze on the s/f straight at the line, but the 2 early season ones probably weren't helped by my PC not having much space left on the HD (Sandown 68, Castle Combe). This came to a head with paging file mayhem at Nurburgring!

Fun race here, a stop/go too many but also I probably should have gone Ferrari/Cooper for these 2 races. Almost got a 1:08 in Ray's draft, but stuffed it up in S3!

On connections.. racing with GPLBrasil sometimes ping can get very high. I think that a few bad connections will raise the ping for everyone?
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:04:40 PM +0100 by Iestyn Davies » Logged

GPLrank = -75
Monster = -400

See ya online Smiley
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com