Quarterly cost: �0

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:44:07 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Surfers Paradise: September 01, 2015
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL between Seasons Tasman F2 Trophy - SURFERS PARADISE - Sep 1  (Read 3370 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: August 31, 2015, 10:47:25 AM +0100 »

S28 -Tasman Trophy - Round 1 - 67 Formula 2 - SURFERS PARADISE

The Albert park track on the Alternative Track Database is NOT the one that I have. but I cannot find where I downloaded it from, so Surfers Paradise has been substituted.

Just for fun and to give the F2's a chance to stretch their legs again we are running a short series based upon the Tasman series that used to run down in the Antipodies. There will be 5 races, all on Aussie or New Zealand circuits, some of which might be new to you but almost all of them are easy to learn. There will be 4 short sprint races of 30 minutes and a 45 minute race to finish up with.
First race is Tuesday 1st September and the plan is to run these races on    Tuesdays and Fridays    for the next couple of weeks.

PLEASE NOTE THE CAR LIMITS FOR THE LIGHT DRIVERS AND EVEN THE HEAVIES HAVE TO PLAN, AS THEY CAN ONLY USE CARS ONCE....  If this proves exceptionally popular and the next season's preparations are not quite ready we might add more races........

The tracks are:-
SURFERS PARADISE
Amaroo 96  ( make sure you get the correct version, the early one caused many discos!)
Lakeside
Levin
Either Bathurst ( Mt Panorama) or Adelaide

Race List =  IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = look at IGOR
Race date = 01-09-2015
GPL mod = 67F2
60fps patch used = 60fpsV2newmod
Track = Surfers Paradise
Qualification = 20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race = race starts at ~21:30 UK time
Race length = ~30 min -> 26 laps
Damage Model = INT

Please restrict chat to banter and name calling during practice and shut up for the race,
including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Moderation will be on reported incidents only.  

GLA and have FUN

Each driver has 2 resets, but must do an SnG in the pits for each one...If you are clever enough to do 2 resets in one lap Roll Eyes, then you must do a stop on each of the next 2 laps.

PASSWORD =   BONZER

Lights....each car can only be used once
 Ferrari 166, Brab Bt14, Cooper, Lotus 41, Lola BMW

Heavies...free car choice, but can only use a car once
« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 07:05:35 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
Marco Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2015, 08:36:55 AM +0100 »

Albert  park('57), no work well, I downloaded it from ZRMS, the installation file is gaunt and poor.Maybe I got the wrong file, but I only found this.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2015, 12:15:48 PM +0100 »

Apologies Marco. We have changed the track to      

SURFERS PARADISE
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 12:19:31 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Rank   Only when I sweat
dave curtis
UKGPL Server Provider
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2015, 09:41:29 PM +0100 »

I was only going to be at the back;  but DSL dropped out really early.

Spent most of the afternoon getting machine bootable again [although with other issues],  now DSL plays up again too.
And that's without complaining about spiking pots!

Shame;  waste of the the lovely T100 FVA there too Sad

Cheers,
Dave.
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2015, 09:49:07 PM +0100 »

no problem in the quali and again a disco in the race.
its starting to annoy me.
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 10:09:37 PM +0100 »

Quali was good, but then GPL froze when saving replay. Was just in time to get back, but my FF was off. That's why you often see me reconnect at practise. The FF was way too heavy now, and driving was a struggle, costing me pace, and especially consistency...

Made a few mistakes and then blew up early on, which was totally unexpected. After that the race got worse and worse making mistakes and getting caught up in a wreck. Finally finished it off with an unforced error.

Shame, should have been a good fight with Tim Wink

PS: sorry to Marco (I think), when I made my first S&G went straight off at the first kink, probably blocking you off the track...that was silly, sorry again...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 10:22:38 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 10:12:34 PM +0100 »

Thanks all for some F2 fun. Grats again to the podium of Tim, Clive and Dave. Hope to see you at the next race. It feels good to get the Ferrari out of the way!
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 10:22:43 PM +0100 »

Grats Tim and bad luck Robert with you FF.

I know you guys won't believe it as I suggested these races, but i had zero practice before jumping on the server. I grabbed an old F2 Fez setup from Snetterton and dropped the final drive one notch.

Qually was on race fuel just trying to learn how to drive the car again.
As the race progressed I picked up places   until I swerved to avoid an "incident" ahead and went onto the grass at the start of the straight. The next ten laps were spent hunting down David and trying to find a way to get my gutless Fezza past his Mclaren lol. Some great defensive driving David and good use of the extra power that you had. This was a dice for 2nd step on the podium as Tim was out of sight by now.
Then we were just about to be swallowed up by a very fast Robert who was right on my tail when David got it wrong in the slow section. I just nailed the gas for the gap as it might be my only chance. When I glaned in my mirrors on the straight..no Robert and No David??  Prib showed them a looong way back. All I had to do was keep it smooth to the finish..always easier said than done.  Roll Eyes

Next race is Friday evening at Amaroo 96

Rank   Only when I sweat
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 10:46:58 PM +0100 »

Don't know how I've not spent time in these before - they're a blast! Really seem to suit my driving style too  Grin

Couldn't believe me luck in qualifying - appeared to go 3 or 4 tenths clear on my final 2 laps of qualifying fuel and then Robert equalled me with the same time! (0.005 seconds quicker according to GPLRA).
It was too late in Practice to expect to retake pole but I tried anyway. Got fairly close but ran out of laps Sad

In the race I got a much better start than Robert off the and managed to get along side him into T1 - Due to how wide this corner is and the expanding radius this was a handy enough advantage to allow me to pull clear in time for T2.
After that it al seemed to go fairly well until I reached the twiddly bits on the back half of the lap and Kai decided to flop herself onto my clutch foot while I was in between gears. This caused some really inelegant manoeuvres to put it politely and I hope my random pace/line changes didn't cause any of the field any problems  ninja

I finally managed to shift a fairly disgruntled dog off my foot properly just before the SF straight - handy as if she'd stayed on me much longer I think Rob would have been able to re-challenge me fairly quickly.

Rob got close on a few occasions before making a mistake onto the SF straight and dropping back a few seconds. After breaking the draft I appeared to be safe even with a few more dog/tail related incidents right up until Robert suddenly dropped well back (I see that was engine trouble now - back luck Robert) and I found myself nicely clear and able to just concentrate on clean laps and slowly pulling away from the pack.

Congrats to Clive and Dave for rounding out the podium and to everyone else who managed to make it to the line.

Looks like I'm missing the next one if it's Friday as I'll be at a wedding Nr London  :'(
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2015, 07:08:42 AM +0100 »

Heavies...free car choice, but can only use a car once
Is not clear for me.I have used the Matra in the last race,must i change car for the next?
Marco Mercaldo

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2015, 07:26:38 AM +0100 »

Dont' worry Robert, sure you were more faster than me.Who made me lose a lot of time was Bob touched me twice with his tank.
I do not understand why in my personal event list page I come out DNF Huh??
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 10:57:22 AM +0100 »

Francesco.... You must use a different car for each race.

Rank   Only when I sweat
francesco

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 10:58:54 AM +0100 »

OK thank you,i think to race Friday but after i go to do some diving for a week.So i change car only one time Grin
Baab

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2015, 08:43:25 PM +0100 »

Dont' worry Robert, sure you were more faster than me.Who made me lose a lot of time was Bob touched me twice with his tank.
I do not understand why in my personal event list page I come out DNF Huh??

Sorry Marco, hold my hands up for that, but can't remember the second time, have to check the rpy.  I caught you quick into a corner and couldn't avoid you.  I waited for you to go first when rejoining since I'd crashed into you, but you didn't seem to understand, so we both lost a load of time.

My result was dismal but I was encouraged to be able to lap at a decent pace.

The apologies keep coming  oops, I made a lunge into T1 on Ray, realized I wasn't gonna make it and Ray obv didn't expect, tried to go through the wall (like that was going to happen) and had an almighty crash.  We both needed to reset and SnG.  Big sorry for that.

I rarely drive F2 so other than the Ferrari, don't really know what cars are fast.  The Ferrari seemed dreadfully slow.  The Lola BMW was pretty good, used the default setup then changed the diff and a few other tweaks and it seemed pretty nice.  I actually thought I was taking a cheap car but would be surprised if this is the case.

See you @ Amaroo,

Bob

AnGex

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2015, 09:25:03 PM +0100 »

Disco in Qualy and disco just before the race...

Get up, stand up: stand up for your right!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com