The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 08:34:04 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you want to have say in what happens here?  (Read 2912 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2015, 09:44:47 PM +0100 »

I decided to become part of the organising team here as primarily i was looking for something to do, preferably on the Wednesdays, and it was looking like things were going to stop. Its become clear i barely have time to sort out my practise for the events let alone trying to sort them out before hand, trying out the tracks and cars, permissions. So am looking for someone to take over, preferably.

Clearly some people here have opinions as to what they want to see here, car and tracks to use. So thats half the work done!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2015, 10:30:32 PM +0100 »

Spanner,

What is involved in organising a race? I often see messages about 'resetting servers', do you need special equipment in your house? Do you need to be good at IT?

I do not have much spare time at the moment as I have a toddler and a 3 month old baby, but would be interested in getting more involved in the future
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 08:46:38 AM +0100 »

First off thanks to Spanner and all the others you've put themselves out there and planned the events we've had Smiley

@SRW: So far I've started all but one of the AC races and these are all hosted on our rented server (note donations are required again Wink), there is no need for anything extra at home. To organise a series of events you 'just' need to pick a track and the cars you want to run on it. Dave will give you access to the LM2 management system so you can publish the event, link it to the calendar and create the race topic. You need to decide race length, AC runs races to a number of laps not by time so you need to know a representative laptime to get that. For any addon content used you must provide links to that, we must only use legal content so no dodgy track conversions e.g. that don't have permissions from previous authors or are converted from another game.

It all sounds simple but time pressures have meant people not posting race lengths, not being able test their car/track ideas etc. It also seems to be a bit of a thankless task at the moment, you put yourself out there and no matter what you do people will criticise you, moan and generally be unhappy  Roll Eyes (And yes I've just become a moaner to, of the moaners not of the organisers Embarrassed)

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com