Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 11:06:34 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S28 Nürburgring: September 06, 2015
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) - Fun 67s Nürburgring - Sep 6  (Read 2336 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: September 04, 2015, 10:46:37 AM +0100 »

Season 28 - 67 Fun Race - Nürburgring

The race will be run under INT rules and you have a free car choice.
You can do 2x shift+r but each has to be followed by a stop and go in the pits!

We will use the 60fpsV2newmod .

Race List =   IGOR
Server = UKGPL_8
IP Address = look at IGOR
Race date = 06-09-2015
Qualification Time   = ~20:45  UK time -> 45min
Race Time = race starts at 21:30 UK time
Track = Nürburgring
Variant = 67
Damage Model = INT
Race length = ~45 min -> 6 laps
Replay = you will get here

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

Have FUN!

« Last Edit: September 26, 2015, 07:06:59 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2015, 11:54:34 PM +0100 »

More fuel for my addiction!   Smiley

Sunday Driver
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 04:15:26 PM +0100 »

Excellent! I love this track. However, it has become a little irritating for me. I've dropped out of my last two 67 F1 races while leading. Sad I had a nice lead in 312 and tried to put in too fast of a lap to crush anybody's hope of catching me. I landed at Flugplatz with some yaw and went on the banking on the left causing me to roll the car. The last time in the Eagle, I had the silly notion I might be able to outrun Iestyn. It worked on lap 1, but the Weslake failed shortly into lap 2. I've gotten the Ferrari and Eagle into the 7:59s. I guess it's time to see if I can finally get the Lotus to do it.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 06:42:17 PM +0100 »

I am also practicing in the Lotus. I am hoping to do better than my previous PB. My previous PB is 9m20s in the BRM.

Sunday Driver
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 05:41:54 PM +0100 »

I knocked almost 3 seconds off my Lotus time. I'm down to 8:00.99. I'm switching to the Brabham. If I see a similar improvement with it before qualifying, I might race the Cooper.

Savoy Brown
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2015, 08:32:09 PM +0100 »

I only had time for two short practice runs. It was enough for me to realize that I need more practice with the Lotus before a race. I'll probably drive the BRM since I have already done one race in it. 

Sunday Driver
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2015, 10:57:25 PM +0100 »

I made a very embarrassing mistake in the qualifying session. I pressed the green button to start my warm up lap. My car spawned right in front of David R. (32m17s replay time in practice session). This turned my car around facing the wrong direction. My screen was black while this happened so I was unaware. I took off in the wrong direction, and I accidently collided with Marco and Bastian. So I am sorry about that. I was DQ'd from qually.

The race went pretty good near the back of the field. I was able to keep my nearest competitor relatively near, until the fourth lap when I had two shift-R's. I could not remember if that was allowed. I tried to look it up quickly while I was stopped in pit lane, but the game retired me.    
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 11:04:47 PM +0100 by Walter Conn » Logged

Sunday Driver
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2015, 11:11:29 PM +0100 »

I did the same as Walter, but took longer to do it.  My connection was dropping frames in embarrassing places, which made it impossible to complete a lap, without unexpected detours along the way. :'(
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2015, 04:38:37 AM +0100 »

Congrats Bob,Pelle, and Axel!

After I needed a shift-r my heart wasn't in it anymore.

My apologies Dave and Ray. I tried to slow down but I couldn't quite slow enough. I felt bad wrecking Dave the way I did. I should have known he'd be much much slower than me into that bend.

I'm struggling to run a decent race here. I knew that not being very comfortable with the Brabham would slow my pace over a race with a few spins being possible. I didn't expect I'd be quite as horrible as I was.

I was glad to make it through the first sector in the lead on lap 1. That's my weakest place here. I had a nice lead on Bob by the time I got to Metzgefeld. I missed my braking point slightly, resulting in a spin. A slow recovery dropped me several places. I made another mistake and almost pulled out in front of the other drivers. With over half my car on the track I couldn't see if anybody was coming or not when I looked right. lol

Being back in the field, I was looking for any mistake to make a pass. Dave ran a little wide at one of the slower sections and knew I could get inside and take the line away from him into the next turn. It appears I didn't hold a tight enough line and gave Dave a little bump. Sad Luckily it didn't appear to effect him too much. Smiley Later, Clive had to slide his car to avoid Dave before Kesselchen. That's one of my stronger points on the track. I passed Clive in the grass. You'd have to have a death wish to try something like that in real life. I thought I could pull it off without hitting Clive. Smiley Unfortunately it was only a few turns later I bumped Dave off the track. It's a shame. I was wasn't in a great hurry to pass Dave again. I just wanted to be close if he made any mistake.

At one point I caught Axel and Pelle before the long straight. I had my doubts the Brabham could pass the Honda or Ferrari on the straight. I was in Pelle's slipstream entering the straight with him in Axel's slipstream. I wasn't sure at the time but it looks like I could have slipstreamed off Pelle then Axel and then Pelle again and possibly passed them both. I thought it was best to be a little cautious though and I was happy to have passed at least one of them. Too bad I wasn't more cautious coming to the chicane. I braked a little late and since I was in Pelle's slipstream I braked a little harder than usual. The car went sideways immediately. After a 360, I hit the end of the guard rail. That threw me into the air and I did another 540+ before landing on my wheels. I wouldn't be surprised if Axel got a good laugh from that. I know I would have laughed if I was in Axel's seat. I was relieved I didn't hit Pelle or collect Axel. Smiley I was shocked the car still worked after that. From my client replay :

9m20.240s
Gregory Taber - spotters reporting:
minor problems with right front tire.
medium problems with right rear tire.
minor problems with right front suspension.
minor problems with right rear suspension.
the car has an engine problem.

I couldn't tell if the car was damaged or not. It managed to do 8:08 on the next lap though.

Lap 4, Axel is very kind and let's me pass. Unfortunately I get a little out of shape at the low point before Adenauer and can't slow down enough to avoid the deadly tree on the right. After a spin, two crashes, bumping Dave off, and needing a reset, it no longer seemed to be fun. lol With no real chance to catch Bob and it being unlikely I would improve my PB, I thought it was best to retire.

I did enjoy it some. I think I've figured out how to fix my crappy gear set. I saw an ideal lap of 8:02.15 before my race ended. That means I should be able to get 8:01's out of the Brabham at some point in the future. That's pleasing.

Congrats to Axel on his improved PB! Watching Justus Forschbach's 312 WR helped me improve my 312 PB from approximately 8:15 to 8:06. The rest of my gains have come from experience and setup refinements.

Thanks guys. Once again, I apologize for my lunacy and mistakes.

Savoy Brown
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 10:04:37 AM +0100 »

My Quali was not good, but the first lap went quite ok when at the beginning of the start /finish i had another disco.

three in a row, UK Servers dont like me anymore, earlier in EOLC i wasn't in technical difficulties.
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2015, 11:23:38 AM +0100 »

Yeah,
thanks Greg for the great report! But when I saw you spinning I thought "oh dear, Greg is pushing too hard"...

I am still learning this track and in this race I lost the fear of some corners here, finding better lines and braking points.
The Ring allways was a never ending horror trip for me, as it was when I drove here in RL with a VW Passat, my boys in the backseats shouting "schneller, schneller" Shocked
Now it is a long lap but the corners are more familiar...
My rank dropped ~11sec in this race  Grin

I allways avoided to do the Ring with a 67 F1 but now I have learned that there is no better way to learn a track, as it is not possible to go all the time flat like in a 65.

@ Bastian
shame you have this problems with my server, as UKGPL_8 sits in SW Germany near Hockenheim.  Roll Eyes

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
bagrupp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2015, 12:56:31 PM +0100 »

Haha Axel,

its ok. It worked out the last half year....probably just bad luck the last times.
Ronnie Nilsson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2015, 02:23:55 PM +0100 »

Shame - I was away this weekend - I love the Ring.  Some pretty incredible lap times set!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com