The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 11:34:36 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking over wednesday nights  (Read 7716 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2015, 06:56:46 PM +0100 »

Maybe it just takes more seat time in the F40? Undecided

Maybe yes, however, I did around 15 laps with the F40, only few were actually timed laps, the rest I all spun out  Tongue. I really had to try hard to even complete a lap, it felt really inconsistent. Braking at the same point, sometimes I was stopped before the turn, next time I was in the gravel  Roll Eyes .

In the McLaren I immediatly beat my F40 time by almost a second, and in the 3rd lap I was 2,5 seconds faster, with a lot more to gain.

And the laptimes are Radiator-Champs seem to confirm that the McLaren is faster in general, but also much easier to be faster.

I normally like harder to handle cars (yank tanks back in the GTL days), but they must have a strenght, like top speed. After a half an hour race, people in the F40 need to go to the hospital on oxygen, whereas McLaren drivers can go for round 2  laugh .

Let me see what can be options, based on your list (which in this case seemed pretty accurate). You can always go cup racing. Nothing wrong with a full grid of stanard F40's  Grin

EDIT: I don't really find any older class cars which are close together  Lips Sealed . We could go Top gear style, old cars vs new Tongue (Peugeot 306 vs Austin Healey: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNK2fYTltsw)
« Last Edit: September 29, 2015, 07:01:19 PM +0100 by Jeffrey » Logged
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2015, 11:38:23 PM +0100 »

Not averse to running both cars in a dual cup series if they aren't close enough to race against each other directly, maybe 2-3 rounds in each car  Undecided at least we would all get to race two epic cars in GT history and the balance is there by making drivers use both cars. That could work.

I also think the BMW E30 M3.'s make for a great single make series and were very popular when used at Esra, or we could do a nice Italian cup series using the standard F40's at just Italian tracks. Bella macchina  tt1
Or if people want modern, an F458 cup series.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2015, 08:25:33 AM +0100 »

To me the McLaren wasn't really anything special. Felt more towards a modern GT car, but bad  Tongue.

Surprised a Porsche-man like you didn't mention the RUF yet  Grin
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2015, 09:37:56 AM +0100 »

Not averse to running both cars in a dual cup series if they aren't close enough to race against each other directly, maybe 2-3 rounds in each car  Undecided at least we would all get to race two epic cars in GT history and the balance is there by making drivers use both cars. That could work.

I also think the BMW E30 M3.'s make for a great single make series and were very popular when used at Esra, or we could do a nice Italian cup series using the standard F40's at just Italian tracks. Bella macchina  tt1
Or if people want modern, an F458 cup series.

I would not mind having to drive both F1 & F40 in a short series. It is now possible to add ballast weight in online racing, so it might level the performance out a bit?! See it as a success weight handicap for the F1 GTR…
This could help also with balancing other vs. races in future.
Or indeed pit the F40 against the RUF YellowBird? Also the mentioned M3 cup sounds very good to me MJ!

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2015, 09:40:38 AM +0100 »

Postal was also hovering around the help/admin side I believe, maybe he can help me test combos/offer ideas. Besides i also want to offer some series/championships to dovetail with Chris' one-off races, maybe on a weekly or bi-weekly rotation. They have always been the core of our racing here as the result means something in the bigger picture and creates friendly rivalry/competition.

Yup, as stated earlier I don't know when and how much time i will have for on-line racing weekly at the moment, but I am willing to help out! And surely interested to get more involved in organizing events in near future.
If we would split the admin duties on a weekly rotation it creates more time to sort out combo’s and stuff. That could work for me..

Having said that I updated my suggestions in The SROU AC cup commments/suggestions thread and I would love to do some of that in near future. I believe it is a nice spread of car types to appeal to the majority. We will just have to get something running to attracted more drivers.  thumbup1

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2015, 12:36:07 PM +0100 »

To me the McLaren wasn't really anything special. Felt more towards a modern GT car, but bad  Tongue.

Surprised a Porsche-man like you didn't mention the RUF yet  Grin

Lol already getting a sense of 'you can't please anyone!'  laugh Everyone loves the F1 GTR on the kunos site!
As for the Rufs, I would love a cup series using them but get the feeling i would be on my own  Tongue

How can I add polls to this thread? Or shall I just go ahead with my plans and be damned?!  Grin

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2015, 12:44:32 PM +0100 »

I don't think you can "add" polls to a thread but you could link to a new thread whose first post would be a poll.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2015, 03:42:06 PM +0100 »

Afaik 1.3 is going to be released on thursday next week. So i can start playing rather than testing.

When i decide on what combos to run per week, i will do the ones i enjoy or find interesting.. Im not aiming to please everyone as thats impossible.

Races will be layed out so you can see at least the next one in advance.. I have a lot of time trying different combos out and i will for certain be using new content rather than sticking with the old stuff.

I believe that if you just stay consistant and drive car/combos which really differ from the previous week but make them enjoyable.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2015, 05:36:29 PM +0100 »

Lol welcome back!

I thinks its a little unfair to start plannin your own series to run when Chris hasnt even started. Expecially as he was the only one to put himself forward for this thankless task.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2015, 06:23:21 PM +0100 »

Fine by me but the option was to run alongside or alternate weeks with Chris' races. I'm not alone in thinking fun races just don't pull the numbers or keep interest levels up. But then nothing is interesting anyone on this site lately judging by recent attendances  Sad

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2015, 07:15:47 PM +0100 »

Ok, but had you actually discussed it with Chris via PM or something, to actually organise an alternate week series?
 tBh the attndance is quite understandable with the lack or races here currently. Lets be realistic, this isnt the centre of the universe. We all race else where, we only attend the races we want/ can attend.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2015, 09:53:10 AM +0100 »

So is Chris planning a race for next week? Hope so with new content  Smiley Other than his moody spokesman who keeps piping up  Roll Eyes Pretty sure Chris can or has been reading these posts like the rest of us  Wink

I would like to put up a date for round 2 of the ETCC series at Zandvoort and am proposing two weeks time on the 21st, then probably every 2nd week (with Chris'/Picnics agreement) which can alternate nicely with Chris' one off races. That way we get to use a good variety of cars and tracks and get best of both worlds with a proper series and pick up races.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2015, 09:56:01 AM +0100 »

Why not send ChrisR a pm?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2015, 10:13:45 AM +0100 »

Okay will do, thought it better being open discussion so that all are aware what's planned or being offered  Undecided

Edit pm sent  Smiley
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:33:35 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2015, 08:42:53 AM +0100 »

Now 1.3 has been released i can finally get round to sorting wednesdays out.

I hope everyone has the dp2 as this will be used. 

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com