The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 08:33:09 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Taking over wednesday nights  (Read 7719 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #60 on: December 11, 2015, 08:43:50 AM +0000 »

well guess the admin here would have to mailshot all the old drivers.  Undecided  some have stuck with I-racing, others have just disappeared.
Who are you referring? If it's me then you are mistaken that I have anything to do with running SRou now. Haven't done for quite a few years. The rest of you are directors and moderators so you have way more permissions that us mere mortals.

Gizmo has told me in the past that the problem with mailing everyone from the forum software is that the ISP will class it as spamming and block it so not sure technically how this could be done, or whether we can go to a free third party with a list of email addresses and SPAM them all that way. Cheesy Whatever the technical problem the league needs to get past it to be able to do this.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 11, 2015, 11:35:30 AM +0000 »

No I was meaning the likes of Tony, Pete or Dave with the admin rights and know how of the inner workings of this site.
I finally got a bite on my kunos fishing rod in the last round of my series  laugh and with no race yet showing for next week  Sad but good to see others will join if we have something entertaining to offer them. I think the race banners help as otherwise this is a pretty bland website by modern standards.
A good looking gt3 series with race/round splash screens may encourage more over. I'm willing to do that side of promo and choose the locations as I did for the Beemer series as long as Tony and Pete can help out on the server admin side of things.  Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: December 11, 2015, 11:51:33 AM +0000 »

Maybe have an SRou facebook page for posting stuff too?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 11, 2015, 01:09:24 PM +0000 »

i'm going to put next weeks race up tonight Smiley

edit:

Mark, just put up what YOU want, if people don't want to put the effort in and practise the combos then that's up to them.. that's the approach i take and as long as you enjoy driving the combos then it doesn't matter.. Bob and Sutol, they are self confessed slow drivers yet they managed to handle (and enjoy) the F1 far better than some of the faster drivers.

i have to say that there are people who didn't even see this thread which were all for the F1 series.

all that said tho, you really need a decent setup with the maclaren to make it behave nice so i suspect that some of you didn't have one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 03:15:42 PM +0000 by ChrisR » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2015, 07:23:54 PM +0000 »

Lets be honest, of all the people typically turning up to race, only half tend to voice there opinions. Was surprised you fell so easily Mark. Your'll only know if people want to run it, if they turn up and keep turning up.

Some people want to do GT3, while others think there boring, your'll never win a majority. Had that problem the last time we ran them.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2015, 08:39:34 PM +0000 »

Lets be honest, of all the people typically turning up to race, only half tend to voice there opinions. Was surprised you fell so easily Mark. Your'll only know if people want to run it, if they turn up and keep turning up.

Some people want to do GT3, while others think there boring, your'll never win a majority. Had that problem the last time we ran them.

lol
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2015, 09:41:28 PM +0000 »

Hey Ho. Not the biggest fan of modern GT cars, but  must admit the new cars would give a great grid. Maybe there are already too much other GT leagues running, maybe not. I will turn up and race them though, as long as there is still room for other race classes alternating this one.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2015, 12:11:29 PM +0000 »

Hi guys,

I am a veteran and having been looking to get back in to some league racing. Totally loved the UKGPL, GTL and GTR2 races I did here and missed driving my little Elise. Not found anything I have wanted to race for a few years but AC is giving me that buzz again.

As already mentioned, for me, it would need to be a proper championship with points etc. I am a bit of a stats geek so fun races don't really do it for me.

GT3 would be awesome and if you do go for that, to save everyone picking the fastest car, just limit it to only two of each model allowed in the championship. Give them a first and second choice option, so for me I would want Nissan GTR and then BMW Z4. I also like endurance but happy with sprint. You could go half way and say a 45 - 60min race.

A few other options would be a Lotus Elise spec championship or if possible Elise, Exige and Evora spec championship.

Plus a Toyota GT86 spec championship would be fun.

Either way, I am looking for some league racing so happy to join in. Oh, and a mail shot of some kind is a good idea.

Michael Boylan

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2015, 12:14:03 PM +0000 »

GT3 would be awesome and if you do go for that, to save everyone picking the fastest car, just limit it to only two of each model allowed in the championship.
There are no fastest cars, only fastest drivers. The fastest drivers will always be on top whatever car they choose, limiting car choice only turns people off imho.

Does AC do ballast yet because that could be one way to bring people closer together?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2015, 12:48:16 PM +0000 »

Does AC do ballast yet because that could be one way to bring people closer together?

There is a ballast setting in the acservermanager, where you can set the ballast as well as the guid, name, team and fixed setup. But seeing we use booking, the other way to set ballast is to be admin in the game and give ballast to the specific driver(s).

AC shortcuts for SERVER ADMIN:
/help: prints the list of the available commands
/admin: become administrator for the server. ex, if the password is "kunos" the command is "/admin kunos"
/next_session: moves to next session
/restart_session: restart the session
/kick: kick a user using the rules (blacklist etc) of the server. To kick a player named "The Player": /kick The Player
/client_list: show the player list by CAR_ID: name
/kick_id: kick a user using the rules (blacklist etc) of the server. To kick a player using the CAR_ID 2: /kick_id 2
/ban_id: ban a user using the rules (blacklist etc) of the server. To kick a player using the CAR_ID 2: /ban_id 2
/ballast: add ballast (Kg) on the CAR_ID. To add 100Kg to CAR_ID 2: /ballast 2 100

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2015, 12:58:25 PM +0000 »

Hey welcome back Linus  Smiley always great to see old racing names re emerging. Your well catered for in AC with the Lotus brand.

I understand the various responses but I do find it strange that many drivers do not express an opinion on what they'd like to race, it is a forum after all!  Tongue
To me 5 guys interest does not make a series so I didn't pursue the F1 Gtr option as don't want to deter drivers who find it too hard to drive. Undecided

My thoughts on gt3 are similar to Linus, I don't want a grid of Nismos and Mercs just because they are traditionally the quicker car. A bit of ballast for the Nismo would bring it more into line. There is a reason most leagues leave it out of the gt3 class but I would like to see it in for variety. I like it when someone quick in another car can take the race to the known fast cars. Despite what Simon says, a competent driver in a Nismo is going to have an edge over a competent driver in say a z4 because of its sheer grunt. Still, I don't know how the new gt3 cars stack up against the Nismo and sls. Undecided

Good to get some debate going  Smiley

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2015, 12:58:38 PM +0000 »

GT3 would be awesome and if you do go for that, to save everyone picking the fastest car, just limit it to only two of each model allowed in the championship.
There are no fastest cars, only fastest drivers. The fastest drivers will always be on top whatever car they choose, limiting car choice only turns people off imho.

Ah ok, in that case it should not matter if the cars are all equal in performance.

Michael Boylan

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2015, 01:03:11 PM +0000 »

Hey welcome back Linus  Smiley always great to see old racing names re emerging. Your well catered for in AC with the Lotus brand.

I understand the various responses but I do find it strange that many drivers do not express an opinion on what they'd like to race, it is a forum after all!  Tongue
To me 5 guys interest does not make a series so I didn't pursue the F1 Gtr option as don't want to deter drivers who find it too hard to drive. Undecided

My thoughts on gt3 are similar to Linus, I don't want a grid of Nismos and Mercs just because they are traditionally the quicker car. A bit of ballast for the Nismo would bring it more into line. There is a reason most leagues leave it out of the gt3 class but I would like to see it in for variety. I like it when someone quick in another car can take the race to the known fast cars. Despite what Simon says, a competent driver in a Nismo is going to have an edge over a competent driver in say a z4 because of its sheer grunt. Still, I don't know how the new gt3 cars stack up against the Nismo and sls. Undecided

Good to get some debate going  Smiley

Hey,

That's interesting as my understanding was the Nissan GT3 was quick in a straight line but slow in the twisties so a bit of a David and Goliath scenario.

Michael Boylan

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2015, 01:05:23 PM +0000 »

The gt3 cars are all very similar in performance, just like in the days of gtr different cars are better in certain ways but lose out in other ways. I've always seen lots of talk about the nismo being the fastest but having driven it it's simply the fastest in a straight line but only just. It's really hard to control out of the corners. The other thing I've seen in gt3 leagues is that actually you never get a grid full of one car there is always a pretty even spread with free car choice which to me makes the argument that there will be a single car Gris nonsense as I've never seen it happen.

Ballast if it can be implemented would be a great way to bring the drivers closer together irrelevant of car and based on championship positions.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2015, 01:21:50 PM +0000 »

Alo Mr Boylan, how the devil are you sir?.

I never express an opinion, as I'm sure I don't deserve one. Leagues should be a benign dictatorship, you tell us what your running (dictatorship).  We turn up or, we don't (benign).

I never missed a race, because of the combo. Other stuff, rears its ugly head, n gets in the way.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com