The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 08:52:34 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1GT2 Zeltweg: September 27, 2015
September 27, 2015, 08:15:00 PM +0100 - Zeltweg (A1-Ring) - UKAC Season 1 GT2
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
Ferrari 458 GT2 {unknown} 2 +0.113
---
1 25:59.021
---
17 1:29.974
---
Michelin  
Jeffrey

Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 1 1:28.532
---
2 +4.004
---
17 1:29.895
---
Michelin  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 4 +2.976
---
3 +31.634
---
17 1:31.911
---
Michelin  
keikojoe

BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 3 +1.953
---
4 +41.115
---
17 1:30.300
---
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Chevrolet Corvette C7-R {unknown} 5 +5.080
---
5 +50.955
---
17 1:32.470
---
Michelin  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 GTR {unknown} 6 +8.484
---
6 +1:26.499
---
17 1:35.432
---
Dunlop  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 GT2 - Zeltweg - Sep 27  (Read 3600 times)
Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2015, 09:26:33 PM +0100 »

in last lap, jeffrey did take pole from me about 0.1 sec.

then i saw that he did softs for the race, this confused me, as i normaly would take mediums,
but i did mistake and make softs too.
the start i did win and i was in lead, but richardson with SS tyres did overtake me and get me a little touch of my car which end, that i had already a aero damage in front yellow (please admins, do the damage % lower, AC is way to sensitive, only a little little touch and you got a bad aero damage), which did my car totaly other balance (understeer i think is name) and i got quick 2xcutwarnings.
i did already give up the race and was frustrated about now 3rd and aero damage, (jeffrey did overtake me too).
but then there was a accident between jeffrey and richardson and i was in lead, around 7-8sec.

but i had already a tyre puncture a permanent FFB wheel ruttle rattle like mad, and tyrewear did go down extrem quick too.
...i had should take mediums... :'(

in 2nd part of race and especialy the last laps it was extrem hard to brake the car and make turn in corners, the car was a nightmare, totaly understeer, so that i had to drive the corners with 1gear lower as usual, but i had feeling that jeffreys car was damaged too and tyre bad too,
as he was only a little faster, with mediums tyres he had catched me easy.

was not realy happy with this victory, as it was a lucky win and wrong tyres and aero damage in lap1 already did make fun away a lot.

...i would be very happy if the races would be set to around 50% damage only, in URL league which start in tuesday, we have 35%, and this is very close to GTR2 aero damage system.

servus
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2015, 09:39:59 PM +0100 »

Interesting qually battle with Reinhard, I think track evolution helped me get to that time, as times were getting faster by every lap.

I went for softs, as I tried mediums, and they are normally better for half an hour race, but they never got up to temperature for me. So my times were significantly slower with mediums, that they would never win that back in the end.

Thanks to the terrible start sequence (Let me bloody well select first gear), I bogged down and lost 2 places. Game told me leader was on super soft and Reinhard on mediums. So I didn't worry about the leader, as I knew his tyres wouldn't last, but I thought I had to overtake Reinhard quickly, to benefit from my tyres.

In lap 2 I think, I threw a dummy-ish, and dived to the inside of T2 at the last moment, to outbrake him. In the first lap, Reinhard and I had some nice side by side action.

After that, I was quite quickly catching the leader, as his tyres were going away. He made a mistake in turn 1, so I could get alongside and go for the outbraking action in T2. He locked up, went wide, floored it, spun and spun me around  Roll Eyes .

Didn' t notice lots of damage, but like Reinhard, due to lock ups afterwards (so maybe some aero damage), I was driving a vibrator for most of the race.

I was catching him around 0,5-1,0 seconds a lap, but the race wasn't long enough  Lips Sealed .

Grats for Reinhard, I think we were robbed of a nice race together  Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com