The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 29, 2024, 12:14:33 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: A few options for a proposed new series or two
GT Icons - McLaren F1 & Ferrari F40 - 3 (12.5%)
BMW E30 M3 Cup Series - 9 (37.5%)
F40 Cup Series - Italy - 2 (8.3%)
F458 Cup Series - Italy - 5 (20.8%)
Lotus Cup challenge - UK - 5 (20.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: AC Championships- Proposals  (Read 10804 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« on: September 30, 2015, 06:24:54 PM +0100 »

Okay gents time to have your say  Smiley I have given you a choice of 5 new series to choose from above and all should give some fun racing and exotic cars to enjoy. Preferably I'd like to run one retro and one modern series for good balance. These rounds will also be interspersed with ChrisR's one off random events and I intend to make them 4 or 5 rounds long unless we really like them, then maybe we can extend.
I will also advertise the series over at the Kunos site and No-grip to try and attract more drivers.

Let's get racing  Cool

Ps you get two votes each
« Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 07:25:25 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 08:10:11 AM +0100 »

Great! Vote submitted...

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2015, 08:32:13 AM +0100 »

although I've called the two Ferrari series 'Italy', I could extend that to be Ferrari Trofeo Europa  Smiley along these lines:-

'Ferrari Challenge Italy'
The Ferrari Challenge Italy used a two-class format in which distinguished between professional competition drivers in the Trofeo Pirelli (lit. "Pirelli Trophy") and amateur "gentleman drivers" in the Coppa Shell (lit. "Shell Cup"). This format has now been transferred to the Europe Challenge series. It was originally launched in 1993, with backing from Pirelli. Its popularity has resulted in a 2007 entry list of ten teams represented by 37 drivers. The Challenge Italy series is now merged with the European Challenge-series.

'Ferrari Challenge Europe'
Like the Challenge Italy, the European series is a two-class championship. For the 2012 calendar it contains 7 races, with 4 of them being held on Italian circuits. This is done in sync with the Italian series now merged into the European. The remaining 3 races are held at Hungaroring, Spa-Francorchamps, and Silverstone. The European Challenge is by far the largest series, with between 50-55 entrants.

Will give more info on the different series proposals as I get time  Tongue

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2015, 01:48:31 PM +0100 »

Just some more brief overviews:

The Lotus cup series would feature cars picked from the Lotus range and used on a variety of classic British tracks.

The BMW e30 would form the basis of any championships I decide to run. Could be The European Touring car series, World Touring car or even domestic British or Deutsche Tourenwagon Meisterschaft! Quite like the sound of that last one if I can get some German and Austrian circuits together.

GT Icons would use nice wide flowing GP circuits where you can put the power down and get some high speed action.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2015, 03:38:01 PM +0100 »

The BMW e30 would form the basis of any championships I decide to run. Could be The European Touring car series, World Touring car or even domestic British or Deutsche Tourenwagon Meisterschaft! Quite like the sound of that last one if I can get some German and Austrian circuits together.

I have found some 8 venues that fit the DTM bill, however i would prefer to run the 3 proper DTM cars against each other around there. I like the sound of cherry picking some nice tracks from around the globe for a M3 E30 se cup. just my 2ct's

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 04:42:35 PM +0100 »

i did vote for gt icons,

but i like only the mclaren for drive, the f40 i did only a few laps long time ago, and i did not like this car, not easy car this is.
mclaren i never did online races actual with.

servus
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2015, 06:53:03 PM +0100 »

should state also, that if the F40 Trofeo series did run, it would use the 'easier' normal F40 rather than the epic but apparently (according to our aliens!) too much of a handful s3 variant.

However only 6 people have voted after 24+ hrs so... , plus Chris has re-appeared so let him run his series of one offs for now if thats what people want. Keep voting as we can review it in a few weeks unless more agree they would like proper championships as well as 'fun races'. Plus you can change your vote, I left that option ticked.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2015, 10:10:58 AM +0100 »

Hmm this threads had 62 viewings but only 7 voters Huh That means either people no longer want to race AC or they don't like my suggestions. Undecided More than happy for others to offer their own suggestions and we can see if we can make a viable mini-series out of it.
Another I was considering was a 'Trackday Challenge' series where a different road car was picked each round to race at a picked circuit. That could be fun and we get to use a lot of exotic supercars.

If all fails im off to find a well attended Gt3 series elsewhere. After watching delayed action from the Blancpain 24hrs at Spa I can't believe people don't want to sim race them here  Tongue
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 11:15:24 AM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2015, 11:00:44 AM +0100 »

Another I was considering was a 'Trackday Challenge' series where a different road car was picked each round to race at a picked circuit. That could be fun and we get to use a lot of exotic supercars.
Personally not interested in road cars, driving them on the sim does nothing for me.

If all fails in off to find a well attended Gt3 series elsewhere
Yet that isn't an option in your poll  Huh

GT racing for me all day every day. I don't have time to learn the intricacies of lots of different cars, it's one reason I don't race all GTR2 events. Also I don't do weather, I'll tolerate 2x fuel or tyres but I'm not a fan of these either.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2015, 11:13:26 AM +0100 »

I'm with you on Gt racing Pete, endurance and sprint. I didn't put it as an option as I got the impression everyone was bored of it or plain not interested judging by the lack of attendees to the series that we just finished.  :'(

BMW Touring car racing is looking most popular but still only 5 votes for it!

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2015, 11:19:02 AM +0100 »

Eehhhmmm.. waddabout the alternating sundays with GTR2 then?
As there seem to be a couple of lads who are not going near a car without slicks and huge wings even at gun point  angel (and vice versa) that space could also be filled with modern day race cars?

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2015, 11:29:27 AM +0100 »

Thought H@L was running GT2 on Sunday's. I wanted to race them too but it clashed with another league I was signed up too. Plus it was only attracting about 5 drivers and 4 of them took the bmw  Tongue

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2015, 12:45:41 PM +0100 »

Sorry for not voting, but I don't have a real preference. I just had an overkill of the GT3, so I don't mind them just need a bit of a brake from them Tongue I just like series to race, as I don't have the energy to get familiar with a new car each week. So for me it's see the series, pick a car that I can get around the track and then do my best to have fun racing others.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2015, 02:00:00 PM +0100 »

Voted for E30 although anything else other than GT2/3 cars are fine with me as long as I have choice to pick a car with H shifter.

It is not that I don`t like gt cars, but we had here 2 championships with very similar class cars and, for me, this is boring.
Why not gt3 and dtm, or gt2 and some road legal cars ...
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2015, 10:01:23 AM +0100 »

So...it's now another week, it's Monday and still no hint of a race thread for Wednesday. Do we all wait with bated breath for something to happen or do we go ahead with one of the mini series proposals?
Judging by the voting, we seem to be fancying a bit of iconic Beemer racing  Smiley
So may i suggest round 1 at the Recently released Hockenheim track? I think they would be great there and realistic  Cool
I'm just a frustrated race driver like the rest of you so can only make this happen with help from Tony and Pete in getting the thread up. I'm happy to do some laps later and work out the race distance/laps unless someone is at home today who can do a little testing (Erik?)
I say pick a cool E30 skin each and let's go racing  thumbup1

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com