The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 08:13:54 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: A few options for a proposed new series or two
GT Icons - McLaren F1 & Ferrari F40 - 3 (12.5%)
BMW E30 M3 Cup Series - 9 (37.5%)
F40 Cup Series - Italy - 2 (8.3%)
F458 Cup Series - Italy - 5 (20.8%)
Lotus Cup challenge - UK - 5 (20.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: AC Championships- Proposals  (Read 10802 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2015, 10:35:40 AM +0100 »

Yeah, i hope one of the current admins can help us out here. ChrisR stated he will be picking up after the v1.3 comes out, so no race by him yet this wednesday i guess. I don't know if he wants to share races / admin duties, but it would be nice to have at least a race this week.
The Beemers on Hockenheimring sound good to me MJ. Will download the track tonight.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2015, 11:38:53 AM +0100 »

If someone (MJ?) wants to PM me a race post (copy and paste an existing one?) with all the details (including links to downloads etc) I'll post it up for you.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2015, 12:04:39 PM +0100 »

For such a test race, I think it is best to use an existing track, to keep it as simple as possible for people to jump in (yes, for some people downloading and installing a track is a reason to not bother  laugh Tongue).

And maybe try PM-ing people who have done an AC event in the past. See if that helps to get more attention and bigger grids.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2015, 12:43:28 PM +0100 »

It's not really a test race Jeff, these cars are well tried and tested and make for great close racing. After suggesting Hockenheim I then thought actually these cars would be superb at Donington so as we all (hopefully) have that already installed I say go for that. It'll have an air of a btcc round from days gone by  Smiley

Will get a race thread and tasty photo banner together later and get Pete or Tony to kindly post it up.

I can't remember how many stock skins for the E30 we got in AC and think we also had a skin pack somewhere. Undecided  I know the easy answer is don't use add on skins but I think they add extra glamour to the grid and personalise it for racers and considering grid numbers aren't huge it should be do-able, especially if there's a ready made skin pack that be installed.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2015, 12:46:58 PM +0100 »

I don't mind running a car around a track, so we can calculate the number of laps it will be, but I do need to know the exact track and car to test  Grin

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2015, 12:59:41 PM +0100 »

At such short notice I won't get the free time (several ongoing domestic misshaps  Roll Eyes ) to help you this time. I'm more up for setting up championships in LM2 for you so you get results and champ tables etc. Get back to me when your in a position to require these and I will gladly lend a hand.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2015, 01:10:32 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony will get info to you for LM2 soon as I can. Think Pete has it covered for this weeks race.

My outline plan for the Beemers is to have an ETCC series (European touring Cup championship) visiting a track in a different country each round.
Round 1 is Donington UK
Round 2 Zandvoort Netherlands
Round 3 Hockenheim Germany
Round 4 Imola Italy
Round 5 ?? France (if there is a good track for France?) if not I will see what the 5thround could be.

30 minute race, 10-15 minute qually sesh. Will base points on the real series. I also want points only awarded if 50% of the race completed to keep people racing rather than baling and still getting easy points.
I will stick an advert at both no grip and AC sites.

Only thing I don't know is dates for future rounds as still don't know what Chris is planning for his random events. Let's assume next week will be a Chris event using no doubt new content from 1.3 and then we can work out what weeks to run rest of this series.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2015, 01:29:35 PM +0100 »

If you want this week's race as part of a championship I suspect that championship needs adding to LM2 before hand. W Tony or Dave can probably answer that.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2015, 01:41:39 PM +0100 »

Ah that could be a stumbling block then as Tony's already said he's too busy Undecided

Points system:-
Top ten finishers 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-2-1
As the real series  Smiley

Got a great original program front cover lined up as the race banner for around 1 at Donington.  Cool

Dijon and Nogaro were apparently the French rounds back in the day so think we will go for Zolder or Spa for round 5 (both in Belgium) if available.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2015, 02:06:07 PM +0100 »

Yeah sorry I cannot help but Wifey has broken her thumb so I'm plunged into a dark world of domestic chores etc.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2015, 02:21:20 PM +0100 »

Is it easy to do? I don't mind filling out forms for the series etc, just never done it so no idea how to.

Ps round 1 is Donington GP as it eliminates that race ending accident zone at end of back straight for the national layout. Thanks for offer on testing Erik  Kiss

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2015, 02:29:13 PM +0100 »

Which E30 is it going to be? E30, E30 drift, E30 DTM, E30 Group A, E30 step1  Shocked

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2015, 02:30:20 PM +0100 »

No it's not easy to do for the 1st timer. I may get time tomorrow night (tonight is GTL so I'm definately doing that) but it's short notice for a race on the following Wednesday. Not a problem for the remaining races tho but known dates would be required eventualy. If our database doesn't already contain the scoring system you have specified you might have to put up with a close alternative.

EDIT: I have found a 20,15,11,8,6,5,4,3,2,1 if that's any use?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 02:41:23 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 05, 2015, 03:55:49 PM +0100 »

Which E30 is it going to be? E30, E30 drift, E30 DTM, E30 Group A, E30 step1  Shocked

Group A was my intention.

Tony, that's close enough  Smiley

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2015, 08:56:20 PM +0100 »

race 1 banner  Smiley

I have also got together 10 skins for the E30's and I will test them and put them in a skinpack  Cool  if anyone has a custom one they want included send me a pm for my email.

Still un-decided on round 5  Undecided No great French or Belgium tracks (other than mighty Spa). Suppose Spa could be a good series finale as it was in the original series but its a big lap for these cars. Have downloaded Estoril, Portugal and will test it as it was also one of the original tracks used in this series.

ps, where do I direct any potential new racers to sign up? got a linky?
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 09:02:11 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com