The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 28, 2024, 10:57:35 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: A few options for a proposed new series or two
GT Icons - McLaren F1 & Ferrari F40 - 3 (12.5%)
BMW E30 M3 Cup Series - 9 (37.5%)
F40 Cup Series - Italy - 2 (8.3%)
F458 Cup Series - Italy - 5 (20.8%)
Lotus Cup challenge - UK - 5 (20.8%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  
Author Topic: AC Championships- Proposals  (Read 10803 times)
nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 02, 2016, 12:15:46 AM +0100 »

GT Open is a nice idea. The 2016 calender includes 7 rounds with one 70 min and one 60 min race, both with a mandatory pitstop. All seven circuits are available for AC as official content or as a mod with decent quality (Estoril, Spa, Paul Ricard, Silverstone, Red Bull Ring, Monza, Barcelona). At least two circuits which we didn't used in the Blancpain Series.
The GT Masters season contains many rounds in Germany. Circuits like Oschersleben, Sachsenring or Lausitzring are available for AC, but graphically a nightmare imo.
Single seaters are not really my cup of tea, never liked them.

GT4 is something which also could be very interesting. Although there's only one real GT4 car ingame yet (the Maserati), the Cayman GT4 is coming with one of the Porsche DLC's and a Toyota GT86 GT4 is scheduled for 2017. Maybe next season is too early for a GT4 series, but it's definately something to keep in mind for mid 2017.

btw: Regarding the decreasing attendance over the season: There's nothing you did wrong Mark. I did some league racing before, mainly GT3, and this phenomenon appeared in every racing series I took part. Some drivers registered for the series but didn't even show up once and others just lost interest after one or two rounds.
You need a steady group of people which are attending the races here on a regularly basis. So you can ensure that there're always enough interested drivers. In parallel you can try to acquire new people, some of them will leave the community again, but some of them will stay here. So this group of interested drivers will slowly grow. I know, this is a lot of work, but the Simracing.org.uk AC community is already heading in the right direction. 12-15 drivers for midweek races aren't bad at all Wink
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 02, 2016, 04:18:01 AM +0100 »

Nfsw is right, grids will always decrease, and the grid size wasn't even that bad. Atleast the quality is good, which is what matters in the end.

My advice would be cars that are fairly easy to drive, which the GT3's are. Old cars or high end open wheelers aren't going to work IMO.

GT2 series would also be my best bet, or else it will end up being another cup series. Don't know of any good mods with different cars.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 02, 2016, 09:00:43 AM +0100 »

Well that's two votes for gt2 but I have my reservations with only 3 cars available. I didn't like them much in the earlier release as the braking was awful with my old pedals. I need to try them again since all the updates and my shiny club sport pedals.
There will probably be a few fun events between series anyway, to try out new content and give me a slight break.

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 02, 2016, 01:12:37 PM +0100 »

I would say do another GT3 championship. I think it worked really well and it was really enjoyable. Sticking to the same thing will keep consistency and hopefully let grids grow as word gets out this is a good league. I can promote a little more with some of my race friends as well. The circuits choice were great as well although it I wasn't impressed with Misano. I think an hour race is also perfect rather than the short 35 min races.

I also like the idea of a GT4 series but as already stated, its a bit too early so maybe one to look at next year when we get the Cayman at GT86 cars. Is the 2-11 GT4 most competitive with the Maserati?

The other type of series I would like to see is a Lotus Elise Cup championship running the S2 version of the Elise. Not sure if its possible in AC but the format would be 15 minute 10 minute qualify followed by 2 x 20 mins race with second race being reverse grids. Tracks can be much shorter versions so could include Zandvoort, Silverstone International, Nurburg Sprint etc.

Michael Boylan

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 03, 2016, 04:39:40 PM +0100 »

I would suggest a GT2 race the week after the GT3 championship at Barcelona. That way we can just focus on the cars, as we've had a race at Barcelona the week before.

Race length of 45-60 minutes?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 03, 2016, 06:11:50 PM +0100 »

Could be a good back to back test against gt3 using the same track, will think on it  Undecided but did fancy a G4 test too. Anyone tried the gt4 lotus Evoras against the gt4 Maserati yet?

But also have other one off test races in my head   Smiley

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 04, 2016, 03:01:39 PM +0100 »

Could be a good back to back test against gt3 using the same track, will think on it  Undecided but did fancy a G4 test too. Anyone tried the gt4 lotus Evoras against the gt4 Maserati yet?

But also have other one off test races in my head   Smiley

I've just run an AI race at Barcelona MotoGP circuit and the Evora GTC and GX were in the 1.48.xx's. The Maserati's were all in the 1.55.xx's. The Lotus 2-11 GT4's were doing 1.57.xx's and the BMW M235i was in the 2.00.xx's. So sadly quite a difference Sad

Michael Boylan

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 04, 2016, 03:12:46 PM +0100 »

Yes, sadly the Evoras ingame aren't the GT4 version Sad
Not sure if the Ginetta G55 GT4 mod can keep up with the Maserati. Graphically it's a very good mod, but I don't know anything about the physics.
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 04, 2016, 03:19:52 PM +0100 »

Yes, sadly the Evoras ingame aren't the GT4 version Sad
Not sure if the Ginetta G55 GT4 mod can keep up with the Maserati. Graphically it's a very good mod, but I don't know anything about the physics.

I was just about add the Ginetta and say that I'm not sure how competitive it is but fingers crossed.

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 04, 2016, 05:21:46 PM +0100 »

Crikey Georg you must have had a quiet afternoon  Grin

Quite a few of us like multi-class racing and endurance but without 20+ car grids it makes the fields too small for each class or top heavy in one group, plus it's a non starter if the gt4's cannot compete with each other.

No problem using good mod tracks, we often use them here.

As for race day, We try not to clash with other sims used here like ye olde gtl, RRE etc and it's been Wednesday eve for a while now but not averse to changing eves if another night suited most drivers better. (Would need a poll)

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 04, 2016, 05:29:58 PM +0100 »

So here is where everyone went to  Grin

Just my couple of cents;
Wouldn't mind another GT3, since it's the most fleshed out and it's being updated regarly so it usually keeps the racing fresh. And the fact that I wanna try all the cars  Tongue
GT2 would be good aswell, though not a GT4 for this season since the next season over at Core is already the Maserati GT4  Grin
I'm also always a fan off the openwheelers and the lower end ones, Formula masters, Dallara F3 ( had my most favorite season with these things ) and even the new Praga R1, which is quite good to drive once you tear the rearwing off and turn TC off, seem to get some good racing.

Oh and I'm all for not chaning the race days. Got the wednesdays here and the sundays at Core. Fits perfectly  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 04, 2016, 06:07:33 PM +0100 »

Nice post George.

Like MJ said, multi class racing with small grids will only make it worst, all of a sudden you have half of the cars to fight with.

GT2 has 3 cars, even with searching and changing things around, you won't find 3 GT4 cars that match, and if you use mods, they need to be the same tyre version. They might be just as fast on 1 lap, but they wear differently.

I wouldn't mind another GT3 season, plenty of cars that behave differently. That, or maybe GT2. Like Maikel said, CORE has a Maserati GT4 season, and I don't see enough cars you can add to the GT4 field.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 04, 2016, 09:55:02 PM +0100 »

my vote goes for GT3, or GT3 one week and something else the next week. Maybe we could base the next series on the British GT and/or the German GT circuits?
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 04, 2016, 11:38:49 PM +0100 »

I must admit I fancy trying another GT3 over the usual Nissan. After seeing Monza today, the Prancing Horse is calling my name Smiley

Michael Boylan

garyjpaterson

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 08, 2016, 11:48:49 AM +0100 »

Just found this thread for 'whats next' suggestions, so I'll give my completely unhelpful opinion; I'm happy with anything, be it GT3 cars again, multi-class or single seaters.

I'd also be keen on something historic, or a single make, just about anything really. If we do go for GT3 cars, I'll probably give the 650S a go after my wee bit of Aero analysis  laugh

Or, what if we have different car each race - that is each race is a single make, but different each time. Lots of variety, each race will suit some more than others but will always be in equal machinery. Sounds fun to me - we could vote for what we want to race a week in advance? I'm also happy to lend any of my WIP mods for a fun non-champoinship race if need be  Tongue

Anyway, whatever is chosen, I can't wait Smiley Also I'm happy to keep with Wednesdays, though I'm sure I could change days if it suits others more.

Ford Transit Mod (Including GT3 version): http://bit.ly/fordtransitmod
Ford Anglia Mod: http://bit.ly/fordangliamod
Automotive Design Portfolio: http://bit.ly/garypaterson
3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750 | G27 + H-Shifter
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com