The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 17, 2024, 12:40:53 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Dream pack 2  (Read 4648 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2015, 11:26:13 AM +0100 »

We have such great classic cars, but most from another era.  Shelby and GT40 from the 60's, countach from the 70's and the 80's F40. Don't tink they Will be competitive, maybe cobra and gt40. Shame,  as can you imagine a full grid with these cars  Kiss.

Zandvoort in AC is not laser scanned. IIRC it is a bought mod track, like they did with the cobra and Muira. The bumps feel  a bit too low res. It is the best Zandvoort so far, Just not on par with their laser scanned tracks.

Surprised about the ffb tip, all gain on 100%? Also, there is no ffb adjust in the setup screen Sad
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2015, 11:47:42 AM +0100 »

FFB gain is now adjustable in car, with the + and -. After you have it to your liking, it stays so for that car at all times.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 11:54:20 AM +0100 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2015, 11:58:46 AM +0100 »

Does anyone know what happens if someone without the dream pack joins a multiplayer race where one or more other drivers are in a dream pack car?

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2015, 12:10:01 PM +0100 »

FFB gain is now adjustable in car, with the + and -. After you have it to your liking, it stays so for that car at all times.

Oh nice, where did you see that?
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2015, 01:55:46 PM +0100 »

Oh nice, where did you see that?

Well here and in this braodcast

Does anyone know what happens if someone without the dream pack joins a multiplayer race where one or more other drivers are in a dream pack car?

Don't think it's compatible, so you can't join, if you don't have the pack.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2015, 02:45:40 PM +0100 »

It's only a fiver Pete, get your wallet out  Wink

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2015, 02:51:34 PM +0100 »

Lol - don't forget the 59p Tongue I bought it last night (can't update the server without it, see the things I do for the league  Roll Eyes) I was just a bit concerned at some stage that if we run a series that used an unpopular DP it would stop people from taking part. What with the current grid sizes that might not be a bright idea.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 06:47:10 PM +0100 »

whats an "unpopular dp"?

For those that like using it, there is a new app out already for the tyre temps.

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/danny-giusas-tyre-temperatures.3507/

and new ptracker update to suit 1.3

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/

and finally new spotter app update

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/spotter.2307/

too good to you lot  Grin

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2015, 07:07:23 PM +0100 »

what's an "unpopular dp"?
A Dream Pack that not everyone buys.

Thanks for the app pointers  I Am Not Worthy

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2015, 11:30:55 PM +0100 »

Tried the GT40 tonight, drives nicely and sounds good  Smiley still a little unsure about how it looks in the replay, looked a bit cartoonish to me  Undecided looks especially carp in the showroom picture like a kiddies version!
Wonder if they've changed their visual artist or are cutting corners?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2015, 09:20:27 PM +0100 »

Been giving this a go over the weekend and it seems to be in a better state than when I last drove it 2 updates ago. Feel is better and there seems to be more control especially into corners. Visuals and performance are better for me too without the annoying texture flickering but still getting some crawly shadows which are a bit distracting.

I've mainly driven the GT cars which feel slower than I remember (especially the GT3s) but I do now like the McLaren which I didn't before. I still don't think the GT3s or GT2s are well balanced so I'm not sure if that reflects RL  Undecided

I hate to say this but the DP2 pack strikes me as a bit of an odd mix. For example the GT40 is good fun but what are we supposed to race it with  Roll Eyes

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com