by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:57:49 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L15 CS Montlhéry: December 28, 2015
December 28, 2015, 08:02:04 PM +0000 - Montlhéry (Quatrieme) - UKGTL Season 15 Christmas Special
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeep

Ferrari 375+ (#19) GTC-65 8 +4.579
114.544mph
1 39:57.855
113.505mph
16 2:26.590
116.042mph
Dunlop  
Ziu Bacubacu
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Aston Martin DBR2 (#49) GTC-65 7 +4.373
114.703mph
2 +2.954
113.365mph
16 2:26.003
116.508mph
Dunlop  
55steve55
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#3) GTC-65 6 +4.138
114.885mph
3 +17.617
112.677mph
16 2:27.938
114.984mph
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Maserati 450S (#537) GTC-65 4 +2.807
115.927mph
4 +17.756
112.671mph
16 2:27.605
115.244mph
Pirelli  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#66) GTC-65 1 2:23.928
118.188mph
5 +17.965
112.661mph
16 2:24.342
117.849mph
Pirelli  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
Aston Martin DBR2 (#102) GTC-65 2 +1.213
117.200mph
6 +56.270
110.903mph
16 2:27.000
115.718mph
Dunlop  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Ferrari 375+ (#19) GTC-65 3 +2.806
115.928mph
7 +1:01.815
110.653mph
16 2:27.216
115.548mph
Dunlop  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Maserati 450S (#33) GTC-65 8 +1:35.425
109.161mph
16 2:29.473
113.803mph
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 375+ (#14) GTC-65 9 +10.306
110.290mph
9 +2:33.067
106.694mph
16 2:32.135
111.812mph
Dunlop  
Ati7
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ferrari 375+ (#1) GTC-65 5 +3.252
115.576mph
10 +6L 10 2:26.848
115.838mph
accident
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-65
2:23.928
118.188mph
Erling G-P
Qualifying
Maserati 450SDecember 28, 2015, 08:02:04 PM +0000
L15CS
GT Legends
GTC-65
2:24.342
117.849mph
Erling G-P
Race
Maserati 450SDecember 28, 2015, 08:02:04 PM +0000
L15CS
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 15 Christmas Special - Montlhéry - Dec 28  (Read 7012 times)
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2015, 04:36:17 PM +0000 »

Yikes, just realised that this race is on Monday too  eek

Muat get cracking with practice methinks..

Cheers,
Erling
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2015, 05:15:03 PM +0000 »

If we are going through the chicanes on the high bank, is there any way to turn off the cut messages and get lap times practicing off line.

Bob M.

Untick flag rules under Realism to stop cuts. Unfortunately the AI don't understand this and will travel along their pre-programmed route.

Can't seem to do that - it's greyed out  Huh

Cheers,
Erling
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2015, 08:00:19 PM +0000 »

on or offline?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2015, 08:08:37 PM +0000 »

on or offline?

Offline.  Tried changing it in the .PLR file instead.  Have edited it with regards to fuel usage for every endurance race earlier without problems, but this time something went wrong.  FFB and wheel effects are all screwed up, no matter how many times I dig out an earlier .PLR file, which should be unaffected  Sad

So bigger problems right now than the flag rules unfortunately.

Cheers,
Erling
Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2015, 08:45:57 PM +0000 »

Back in business again.  Had to go back to my DFP settings copy of my PLR file and basically start from scratch again with setting up my G27.

Also managed to turn off flag rules in the .PLR file, as I originally intended.

Have tested the new Merc and quite like it (but dunno yet if it can compete with the Masser on this track).  Have problems under braking though, where it veers left or right seemingly on its own whim.  Anyone have any setup tips to counter this ?  If a car wants to swap ends under braking, I can often tame that via coast diff and/or brake balance, but this problem is more of a challenge.

Cheers,
Erling
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2015, 10:36:36 PM +0000 »

Interesting you said that Erling. Having installed the advanced setup add-on for the BMW race, I noticed that the Aston has different rear spring options left to right. Not sure if it is deliberate or an error by the car developer, but it may make it react differently when turning left to when turning right!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2015, 12:22:57 PM +0000 »

Interesting you said that Erling. Having installed the advanced setup add-on for the BMW race, I noticed that the Aston has different rear spring options left to right. Not sure if it is deliberate or an error by the car developer, but it may make it react differently when turning left to when turning right!
Good spot Geoffers. It also applies to the Jag D-Type. Typo or developers cunning?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

senyorlobo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2015, 07:10:38 AM +0000 »

Sorry guys... but I can't run with us tonight  Sad

Have fun and good luck all!

Jeep

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2015, 12:30:42 AM +0000 »

Well, that all went rather well. Smiley

I had toyed with taking the big Maserati and could turn in laps 2 seconds faster than with the 375 but unfortunately the tyres went off a cliff after about 11 laps so decided that the 375 was the way to go here.

Start was a bit messy, Saw the front 2 make contact and I nudged ccstevecc trying to avoid it all so slowed and let him back past. more trouble for some near the end of the lap and I found myself in 4th from 8th on the grid so well chuffed at the point though I knew it could not last and sure enough Matt came steaming through shortly afterwards dropping me down a spot and then promptly spun and gave it me back again., then ATI got through and I made a place at ccstevecc's expense so still 4th. Had some great close racing early on with ccstevecc and ATI I was over the Maserarti like a rash in the corners but it felt like I had left the handbrake on once we hit the straights. ATI slowly pulled out a gap but it was obvious something was amiss by the smoke screen I was having to drive through and sure enough he lost it exiting the banked section and I was through to 3rd then found Clive facing the wrong way a few 100 yds further on and I was suddenly 2nd a fair way behind Ziu with a healthy lead over coyote but it was not to last and the big Mazza drew closer at and alarming rate and I knew it was only a matter of time and sure enough he passed me a few laps later but the more nimble 375 took the place back before being passed again on the straight only to retake 2nd again later in the lap. Finally my worst fears were realised when he was in front entering the banking and he left me in his dust. Still a podium!!! better than I had any right to expect. Then 2 laps from home and I found Coyote and Zui recovering from contact and found myself racing Zui down to the last hairpin. I made myself very large in his mirrors and he spun allowing me through. The last 2 laps were about managing the gap, I knew he was faster than me but I also knew I had been very kind to my tyres so all I had to do was keep it on the track which is what happened.

So, only a Christmas special but I was physicaly drained at the end of it, most fun I've had with my clothes on for a long time.

Shame I made such a pigs ear of Fuji..

TTFN
John.

Fast, Cheap, Reliable.
Choose any 2.

Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2015, 12:38:46 AM +0000 »

Technical difficulties with the results from this race. Will post them as soon as we are able to.

EDIT: Replay and results now posted  sweatdrop
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 12:55:46 AM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2015, 12:58:08 AM +0000 »

Congrats to Geoffers who is the fairy on top of the tree  Wink

New boy Jeep takes 2nd

and Erling comes a close 3rd.

Next years will be one race. Slap me hard if I suggest anything different  Hit with a wet fish

Erling G-P

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2015, 01:04:02 AM +0000 »

Politely declined an invite to see an old friend (of the fair sex no less  Shocked), so I could do these races.  In retrospect, after seeing the outcome, I should have forgotten about the races and accepted the invite..  Wink

Surprised to be on pole in this race. Notoriously difficult to start in the Monster Masser and sure enough a couple of cars slipped past.  Felt I got pushed and bumped at the start and accidentally tapped Geoffer's car. Sent him into the wall and then into a somersault.  Almost didn't wait, as I was sure someone else had pushed me, but glad I did - the replay shows it to be my own fault entirely. Very sorry Geoff; my car fishtailed ever so slightly, causing me to veer off course and hit your car.  Sad

Waited and found myself 10th and last. Started the chase, with little prospect of a good finishing position.  Passed Kurt digging himself out of a sandbox, and subsequently Geoffers & Tony on the straight, thus up to 7th.

Caught Matt just before what would become my nemesis with this car/track combo:  The lefthander with the tarmac'ed runoff area, just after passing the tower on the right. Unbelievably how early you had to brake in this car to negotiate that turn. Was approaching Matt's car way too fast under braking, and could either take him out or ditch myself. Picked the latter, more gentlemanly option. Flew past him and into the corner of the runoff area. Back to 9th then, as Tony and Geoffers sailed past.

On with the chase again. Tony made it easy when he spun ahead of me, and Geoffers next lost the rear in a corner, this time entirely without my assistance  Wink
Next passed a stationary Ati & Clive and was up to 5th. Further down the straight, I passed Matt & Steve. With 3rd, things were suddenly looking up.

However, when I caught Jeep in 2nd, the farce started in earnest. Passed him on the straight, but later that lap my nemesis; that confounded corner caught me out again. Overshot and Jeep went past. A repeat of the previous lap followed:  I caught him at the banking and passed him on the straight.  Left the door too open at the hairpin after the straight, and Jeep slipped past again!  Thus for the THIRD time, I had to catch him at the banking and pass him down the straight.  Quite comical..  Smiley This time I kept the lines tight through the twisties and retained 2nd.

Reeled in Ziu over the following laps, catching him at my nemesis, which got me once again!!  taz  Couldn't stop in time and hit his car, sending it into a somersault (What is it with these Astons and somersaults..)  Very sorry about that Ziu Sad  Waited for him to get going again, and that let Jeep through too.  As I set off, the rear kicked viciously out, sending me far into the grass.  Rejoined only to have the combined effect of uneven tyre wear and dirty tyres make me lose it under braking, ending up in a kitty litter.

Matt passed before I could dig myself out, so I ended up between him & Steve.  Now the final lap.  Passed Matt again down the straight, but ran wide in one of the following corners. That stopped my car, so both Matt & Steve got past. Traction out of the corners was so bad now, that I could not catch and pass them before the race ended, despite the extra power of my Masser version.

From Pole to last, to 2nd knocking on first, and down to 5th again.  Quite a roller coaster ride, which unfortunately ended in a dip..  Undecided

Grats to the podium and all ahead.  Apologies to those I hit and/or held back through the corners.

Cheers,
Erling
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 10:33:23 AM +0000 by Erling G-P » Logged
roguk

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2015, 10:21:16 AM +0000 »

Glad you guys had a good one, gutted missed this race just to late to join.
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 29, 2015, 10:49:02 AM +0000 »

First of all what an iconic track to race these beasts upon. Thankyou Tony  thumbup1

The track I sort of knew from GPL, although braking distances are far greater and we always use those stupid chicanes, just before and halfway around the banking.

It was my intention to use the Mighty Mazzer around here, if any track was correct for that monster this was it. I did a few practice laps and although I could extract a 1:23 on race fuel, it was brown trouser time and the smell of burning rubber was overpowering!!! In a moment of reason I decided that this car, in my hands, and with my aggressive right foot, would not last the race.

So what else was there in Santa's sack??  Tried the Aston but although it was respectably quick on the timing screens, it just did not feel fast.

Opted for the Fezza 375 and played with the setup in an attempt to preserve the tyres. This made the car about 2 secs slower than what I had blitzed with the Maserati, but the car was much more controllable and stable.
Quite suprised to get 3rd on the grid with so many Mazzers running and when the flag dropped I saw 1st place beckon me as Erling bogged down and Geoffers hesitated. There was a gap between them and I had hooked up the Ferrari just right....then I remembered how the track narrowed just after the start. There was no doubt in my mind that I had the momentum to complete the launch into 1st place, but my brain told me that time and space constrictions were not going to allow it!
So I chickened out scared scared and dropped back just behind the leading two. When they touched ( which would have made me the filling in a very large sandwich had I kept my foot down!) I was convinced that I was going to be involved, but by a fluke they both kept to the left and I had a clear track ahead. Invitations like that do not come often and I grabbed the chance and pushed hard.

After a few laps the field behind sorted itself out and Ziu started to close the gap. I managed to check his advance at about 3 secs gap, but the readout on screen was a little random, showing 6 secs and 2 moments later 2.5 secs. he was much better on the brakes into Erlings favourite corner and was taking chunks out of me there that I had to win back elsewhere. I agree with Erling about the braking distance for that corner. I was braking as I passed the white shed some 500mtrs back, if I wanted to make the corner without drama!!

For many laps I was able to just hold a gap back to Ziu until I looked up at the readout for the gap as I crossed the S/F line ( bad idea!  Sad ) That moments distraction cost me dearly as I looked back at the road just in time to realise I was going to hit the pit exit barriers!!
The rsultant spin was quite spectacular and di nothing to improve the cars performance for the rest of the race. but the worst thing was that I had left the chat window showing and it took me about 10secs to work out why I could not restart the engine!! By that time almost everyone had passed me, stopped for a cooked breakfast and a massage before leaving me 15 secs adrift!!

The car was now slower and I could not manage better than 2:29 laps so I trollied on to the finish and the only excitement was catching Geoffers on the last lap as he struggled with slick tyres I think. My tyres were fine, the setup had worked, but my driving was at fault.

Great race guys and grats to Jeep on a superb debut race. All good fun

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: December 29, 2015, 12:16:25 PM +0000 »

Enjoyed the Lias race hugely. was a bit faster in the 5.7 Masser, but I had some good fun with the smaller one at previous events, it wasn't as fast on the
straights but was less cumbersome through the twisties. SHould have (as always) done more practice, as my setup worked fine at the start but was struggling
for rear grip big styley by the end. Got shunted off at Erling's fave corner once in the first lap, could have been the second, and lost some places
but then had great fun with Steve, and  others. kept passing Steve after my offs, but nearly took us both out on the banking once... I had managed to hold back
just enough and get a tow on the following straight, but on one lap I stayed underneath, or tried to , but the car shot up towards the top right under his nose  Shocked
no contact, but appologies for any brown stains.

Could not get in to the Fuji race. Not sure why yet, but I think it might be related to a big Win10 update which went on for 1/2 hour. Before it I could join my
test server runing Fuji, and could join the main server running Linas no trouble, but my XD had stopped working, and I was unable to buy any cars. I had all the tracks
and could run cars that I already owned but as the M1 was a new install I couldn't buy any. I had dyn wotsit, so I createda new driver, registered him
and now I could drive any of the M1s but the "buy" option was greyed out. Joined the server ok at first, but then Tony called for a rejoin, and everytime It got to
"Loading ATi" I dropped to desktop. Ati kindly changed cars, But I had tried 5 cars by then so was unlikely to be that. then on the last attempt it dropped me while loading
Steve. My problem so sat it out. I had earlier joined witha few on no problem, so is a mystery. I am hoping the same thing will not happen at tommorow's F1 event.

I am reinstlalling the DX redist again, and the latest XD. I will see if I can figure what is up. I am rapidly losing patience with Win10 so far it has just been a broken verion
of Win7, there is absolutley nothing, not one single tiny thing that is an improvement for me. The start menu is horrible, it sometimes doesn't see USB and I have to reboot
twice, it doesn't have drivers for my (not very old)printer, and it can't see the DVD drive on one machine, which boots to Linux and everything works perfectly.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com