The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 28, 2024, 10:31:26 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1ETCC Donington Park: October 07, 2015
October 07, 2015, 07:00:27 PM +0100 - Donington Park (GP) - UKAC Season 1 ETCC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jeffrey

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 1 1:40.026
---
1 37:45.781
---
22 1:41.339
---
{unknown}  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 2 +2.473
---
2 +25.964
---
22 1:42.406
---
{unknown}  
Jester

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 3 +2.538
---
3 +37.059
---
22 1:42.015
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 4 +2.917
---
4 +1:07.403
---
22 1:43.576
---
{unknown}  
Sutol

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 6 +5.068
---
5 +1:55.563
---
22 1:46.132
---
{unknown}  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 8 +7.527
---
6 +2:03.987
---
22 1:45.421
---
{unknown}  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 9 +8.120
---
7 +2:44.161
---
22 1:48.586
---
{unknown}  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 7 +6.988
---
8 +4:05.837
---
22 1:48.969
---
{unknown}  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 5 +5.033
---
9 +1L
---
21 1:46.214
---
{unknown}  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 ETCC - Donington Park - Oct 7  (Read 9147 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2015, 09:48:29 PM +0100 »

Here's a treat for you Smiley

>>>>> LAP Charts <<<<<

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2015, 09:58:30 PM +0100 »

First up:-

thats Jeff, AnimalEd and Erik standing on the podium for this one  Smiley  Congrats to all 3 I Am Not Worthy

Big thankyou to those that turned up and raced to the end  thumbup1  had hoped for more but guess it was short notice, so 9 of us raced. There were a few names on the praccy server that didn't make the race so hopefully they make the next round.

I beat my PB in qually trying hard to overhaul Erik in 3rd, with a 1:42 so happy with that.

For the race I went a bit too conservative with my gearing. I used the stable gearset2 but also had it one final ratio too long (in error) so the car was a bit tardy through craners and the chicane but at least it meant no dodgy downshifts and unbalanced car. In fact I didn't put hardly a wheel wrong the whole race, just couldn't keep up with the fast 3 ahead. I never got challenged from behind so ran my own race and kept it clean. That's why we want the bigger grids so no one gets lonely on track  Tongue
Hope the guys further back had some racing?  Think Frex gets honourary membership of the Donington Gardeners club for what must be a world record in grass cutting reports  Grin Having troubles there Frex? expected you to be a front runner.

Note for next time...Hard tyres!  mine were like fifty pence pieces by the end with nice glowing orange flat spots  laugh  Would also like to know the ideal tyre pressures for these cars  Huh mine were pretty cold most of the race, had them at 27psi cold.

thanks again for attending or taking notice, lets hope it builds.  Smiley  Will probably run the 2nd round in two weeks assuming ChrisR shows up for his event next week.

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2015, 10:09:29 PM +0100 »

Grats to the podium BTW.

Just love this car, the way you can make it dance round the track even for the likes of me. I had red spots on the tyres after around 10 laps, I took it easy for the rest of the race, used the poor old engine. I'm going to watch the replay later to see if I was locking up, don't think I was though.

Still learning so be patient
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2015, 10:32:34 PM +0100 »

For the race I went a bit too conservative with my gearing. I used the stable gearset2 but also had it one final ratio too long (in error) so the car was a bit tardy through craners and the chicane but at least it meant no dodgy downshifts and unbalanced car.
I only changed the set from 1 to 2, needed to select 1 gear lower than with set 1, but worked for me.

I never got challenged from behind so ran my own race and kept it clean.
Loneliest: Mark Jonzo (avg total gap in front and behind 39.59 secs) Grin

Note for next time...Hard tyres!  mine were like fifty pence pieces by the end with nice glowing orange flat spots  laugh  Would also like to know the ideal tyre pressures for these cars  Huh mine were pretty cold most of the race, had them at 27psi cold.
Would hards be worth it tho? Like you said, the mediums were already cold, so what would the hards be  Shocked? The mediums only really go off at the last few laps, I think, by that time, the hards have already lost you too much time, to make it up in the last few laps, but that is pure guessing (and track dependant).
I think the track was very tricky with braking, lots of braking zones with a slight turn.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2015, 10:34:01 PM +0100 »

Action shots

The start-

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 07, 2015, 10:42:25 PM +0100 »

I am surprised you found moments where Frex was actually on the track  Grin
frex

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 07, 2015, 10:47:27 PM +0100 »

Think Frex gets honourary membership of the Donington Gardeners club for what must be a world record in grass cutting reports  Grin Having troubles there Frex?

Lol, a bit of trouble yes.. I can't do understeer, and that's all I got here - armfuls of it. I was just getting slower and slower every lap, and if anyone came anywhere near me I just got right out of the way. Bit of a shame as yesterday in practice the front end felt fairly pointy and was turning in nicely. Not today though..

Should be a good series though, and hope to join in again when I can. Congrats podium.

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 07, 2015, 10:56:34 PM +0100 »

For the first 4 laps you were putting me under quite a bit of pressure. Then you just fell off the radar, I couldn't understand why??

Still learning so be patient
frex

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 07, 2015, 11:06:09 PM +0100 »

Yep, that's when the loss of front end grip really started to kick in. Maybe I got some damage somewhere, or maybe it was the same for everyone and I just coped with it less well than everyone else..!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 07, 2015, 11:35:13 PM +0100 »

Shame we couldn't muster more drivers.  Sad. Just to prove how hard it is to get drivers I had over 60 views for my race advert at No-grip and over 60 at the Kunos site...not a single driver turned up from either  Sad. Also had a mention over at Core but no others from there either.
Few regular faces missing from here too, Shark and Spanner etc.

Hey ho, I enjoyed it  Smiley Looking forward to racing them at Zandvoort  Cool

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 08, 2015, 08:40:52 AM +0100 »

Well, that was a steep learning curve having not turned a wheel in these cars. Did use the mentioned setup tips, altough my final drive seemed just one click to much, which really hurts with these cars. And the braking... how sensitive are these?! Can't imagine it being that bad in real life. After the race i adjusted my brake gamma to cope with it for the next outing. At least i have a base setup now, so i can hit the ground running for the Zandvoort round.

Nine drivers on this short notice is not bad MJ. It looks like a very nice series and i am sure if we keep promoting it, it will surely attracted more drivers.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 08, 2015, 11:38:32 AM +0100 »

Someone asked last night about tires pressure and temperatures so here it is: optimal pressure is 39 psi and temperature between 80 and 100 ...

First of all thank you Mark for putting this up.  thumbup1
With those kind of cars it is never boring.
Even when you have dull race and noone to fight with, there is always a car with interesting ways of putting your nerves on test (not now Kato!!!!!) so your race can be enjoyable or frustrating but never boring.

And to explain my tire choice - before this, I had only 2 races on public servers with this car and in both of them medium tires last for half a distance.
No brainer!  Grin
Or is it?  Huh
I was really surprised when I saw other drivers choice, and even more with Jeffrey`s pace after 15 laps.  blink

Plan was not to push too much at the beginning and wait for medium tires to drop off but it just didn't happen.
Ok, lets pick up the pace - result was mistake in Foggy Esses and pure luck not hitting the barriers.  taz
Ok, ditch the plan and bring it safely home.

During the whole race, my tires was stone cold (left side 70 max and right side 10 below) and I`m not sure what to do with this.
Lower tire pressure will bring more heat but how will affect car behavior as you must go for higher camber?
Need more testing.

And one more problem that I have on tracks like this - I have 24 inch single display and 26 FOV so Melbourne and Goddards are nightmare as I can`t see my exit point.
It took almost whole race to figure out those two - according to lap time sheet, last 4 laps were OK.

Looking forward for next race.

btw - my skin is from DTM car but not sure is it original or from SBB as I use their autoupdater so here it is:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwjSkCqTw1UGQjlQRVlKbVlad1E/view?usp=sharing
« Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 12:47:43 PM +0100 by Animal Ed » Logged
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 09, 2015, 12:31:34 PM +0100 »

Few regular faces missing from here too, Shark and Spanner etc.
Been out of the country for nearly 2 weeks (got stuck abroad cause my son had chicken pox so we weren't allowed to fly home) and only got back Wednesday night. Only just had a chance to look on here to discover I missed an AC race!

Next time...I'll be back.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 09, 2015, 02:25:33 PM +0100 »

Welcome back Sharky  Smiley

Ed, does that Dtm skin work on the group A car?

Be interesting to see how the E30's feel with the new tyre model and physics update. Zandvoort is also a really bumpy track so good damper and Spring settings will make a difference.

Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 09, 2015, 03:58:52 PM +0100 »

Yes it works.

Considering new tire model - same pressure, same temperature range, and if you have cold tires lap time suffer a lot.

One more thing - old tire model, 21 degree ambient temperature, fast track = easy 1:52 with hard tires and race fuel.
New tire model - same environment, optimal grip = hard work to go under 1:55 with medium tires ...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com