The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 29, 2024, 05:03:55 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A1ETCC Zandvoort: October 21, 2015
October 21, 2015, 07:14:47 PM +0100 - Zandvoort (GP) - UKAC Season 1 ETCC
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Jester

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 3 +0.637
---
1 30:59.880
---
16 1:54.641
---
{unknown}  
Jeffrey

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 1 1:52.975
---
2 +0.571
---
16 1:55.026
---
{unknown}  
Animal Ed
 Team Oldie Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 2 +0.434
---
3 +10.133
---
16 1:54.729
---
{unknown}  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 4 +1.159
---
4 +28.026
---
16 1:56.086
---
{unknown}  
ChrisR

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 6 +3.539
---
5 +56.386
---
16 1:56.830
---
{unknown}  
Simon Gymer
 Team Shark
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 5 +3.414
---
6 +1:13.472
---
16 1:58.217
---
{unknown}  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 8 +5.571
---
7 +1:31.230
---
16 1:59.387
---
{unknown}  
Sutol

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 7 +5.189
---
8 +1:31.618
---
16 2:00.008
---
{unknown}  
Stefan aka Postal
 Legends Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 9 +5.840
---
9 +1:34.227
---
16 2:00.245
---
{unknown}  
picnic
 Team Shark
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 10 +6.561
---
10 +1:36.223
---
16 1:59.553
---
{unknown}  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 11 +8.677
---
11 +3:06.167
---
16 2:05.525
---
{unknown}  
Bob
 WSL Racing Team
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A {unknown} 12 12 +16L 0 ---
---
{unknown}  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 1 ETCC - Zandvoort - Oct 21  (Read 11644 times)
frex

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2015, 08:49:58 PM +0100 »

Made a booking, but then was unable to join the server (no "join" button showing). Don't use AC much and I've probably forgotten the correct procedure, but I thought as long as you had made a booking you could join any time during practice/quall - is that correct?

Have a good one.
Bob

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2015, 09:02:44 PM +0100 »

:'( :'( :'( :'( I got on only to find fps at 15 to 20, bloody unplayable. Was looking forward to tonight as well, but checking the AC forum it's a problem many players have since the last update. Offline the game runs perfect so will have to re-install to see if that fixes it.  Think it's time over at Kunos they get things right.  Game was perfect on my PC until the last update. Rant over, hope you all had fun.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2015, 09:33:25 PM +0100 »

I just couldn't get a clean lap together in qually, ever lap had 1 scruffy sector, so I was pleased with pole.

Had an average start, and Erik got alongside. Not a fan of weaving right after the start, so I kept my line and basically left the door open. He got ahead in T1, so I opted to stay close.
But he pulled away in the next few laps, I was unable to keep up. Then in lap 3 I saw he went for softs. Strategy was to stay within a few seconds, and wait till his tyres dropped off. But they never did  Roll Eyes.
Bit annoyed by that fact, as that means that there is no strategy involved from now on. Just slap on softs and go. Would have been nice to see softs fall off at the end, and see people on medium tyres catch up for an epic finale  Undecided.

Erik almost messed up in the last lap, but he needs to work on that. You could have messed that up a whole lot better  Wink.

I will need to work on my setup for the next race. The patch didn't really do wonders for me, or maybe it was the mediums, I don't know.

Grats anyway Erik, what gearing and wings were you on? You kept pulling away from me at corner exit (maybe again, due to the extra grip). I went for Mark's set 1 and 8/40, but I'm not sure about that. It felt racey, but I think the gaps are too big and the engine just doesn't have the torque for it.

Made a booking, but then was unable to join the server (no "join" button showing). Don't use AC much and I've probably forgotten the correct procedure, but I thought as long as you had made a booking you could join any time during practice/quall - is that correct?

Have a good one.

Did you type in the password?
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2015, 09:34:12 PM +0100 »

Thought I might have a good race but having chosen medium tyres like most of the field, I just couldn't get them to work for some reason. Was 2-3 seconds slower than on softs.

At the start I couldn't hear anything but other cars so had no idea what gear I was in or when to change. When did they change the mixing levels as the other cars and sound effects were so loud compared to my own engine?? Used to be perfect.

I changed gearing and that was about it for the setup, so maybe someone could point me to a better setup for this car as that really was a boring race? The car was amazingly dull to drive and having no one to race meant it was a chore to finish the last 14 laps.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2015, 09:36:04 PM +0100 by Shark » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2015, 09:34:47 PM +0100 »

Sorry Frex I had to restart the server due to typing incompetence (1 min qual session) Sad In the good old days a server refresh and the join would be active again. Hopefully that's still the case.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:13 PM +0100 »

UKAC ETCC season 1 replays

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:26 PM +0100 »

Sorry to hear two of you couldn't race through technical problems  Sad. Frex was probably caught out by the server restart, not sure what's affected Bob as not been aware of any big issues from the update. Huh

Good turnout tonight, thanks chaps  thumbup1

Really enjoyed qualifying. Set several new pb's in my pursuit of Erik(again!) but each time I went quicker so did he  Tongue great stuff. Was chuffed with an alien-esque 1:54  Smiley

Race: had my usual tardy start and got jumped by about 4 cars! Just don't know how any of you on the gs2 are getting off the line so quick. Nearly all my hard work undone except I still managed to slot back in 6th by turn 2. I was then able to slip by Chris and Simon by the end of the lap to 4th  Smiley
From then on I was a victim of my own success and had a solitaire race with only a fleeting glance of Ed ahead for most of the race. My tyres really wore late on and lap times dropped by a sec or so as my medium tyres were on 95% ! Lord knows how you got softs to last 30 minutes?!  Shocked
Finished 4th  Smiley

Big congrats to the Flying Dutchmen Erik in first, Jeff in 2nd and Ed a well earned 3rd.  I Am Not Worthy

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 21, 2015, 09:44:57 PM +0100 »

i had a very weird race.. for a start i was doing very low 55's all day today with mediums.. no issues at all.. got on tonight and i just couldnt get anywhere near, 2/3/4 seconds off every lap.. i checked the grip and it was 100.. i put it down to using an old setup but when i checked i was actually using the same as before.. so ive no idea what was going on.

after aobut 6 laps i was on 95% grip so i jsut drifted the latter half of the race.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 21, 2015, 09:54:56 PM +0100 »

Sorry Chris, I sprayed some wd40 on your tyres while you weren't looking  Wink
I struggled to get any heat in the mediums tonight, was ambient set lower? My race pace was about where I've been in practise but tyre wear was higher than I'd experienced.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 21, 2015, 09:56:39 PM +0100 »

I hadn't done a lap of practice till I logged on at 7:50pm, so just put hard tyres on for the race and wound the brake balance to the rear to try not to flat spot the fronts. by the end of the race I was starting to get a bit of a rhythm.

My tyre temp/wear app has disappeared, not entirely sure if it has coincided with the game update, it shows up in the setting menu as an app and it has been ticked. Has anyone else experienced this problem?
Animal Ed

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 21, 2015, 10:17:55 PM +0100 »

Start on cold tires was really cruel!
How do you guys, manage to go through the first few corners?  Huh

The race was interesting for me until lap 6 when I clip the curb ( no excuse - me and only me) and go to play in sand. 
Luckily, didn't hit the inside fence so no damage but tires (Huh!!???) were completely different after that.

Despite being cleaned up, pressure and temperature back to "normal" and no loss of grip according to tire app, they felt like hard`s.
No grip at all.

Anyway, it was fun.

Congrats to Erik and Jeffrey on result, thanks to Mark for organizing series ... cya
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 22, 2015, 08:35:23 AM +0100 »

Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 22, 2015, 08:46:43 AM +0100 »

Interesting to see the best lap times were around the 3rd.

I had an excellent tussle with Mark (aka Spanner) throughout the whole race. How we didn't touch I don't know. Every time we came to Tarzan at the end of the pit straight I was thinking that it could get very messy but it never did. Good racing mate!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 08:50:34 AM +0100 by Sutol » Logged

Still learning so be patient
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 22, 2015, 08:56:32 AM +0100 »

This looked like a pretty good interpretation of the real Zandvoort track, at least i had the feeling i was actually racing there. Car felt nice to drive around here. Couldn't do more practice as i had visitors showing up. Nooooo!! Go away!!! angel

Slapped on mediums as i figured soft would not last. By the end they where showing 95%. At the start countdown the game put me in pitlane and as i did not see anybody in pit lane i thought it was kicking me from the server or something. Then i noticed the whole pack racing by onto turn one. AAARRGGHH! So that was a race all about slowly catching up. Got to race Picknik a bit and saw Marc and Chris up ahead, was reeling them in slowly, but never managed to get on their bumpers before race end. Had my fun, thanks for organising this event. Looking forward to Hockenheim.
Cheers,

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 22, 2015, 11:51:47 AM +0100 »

I just couldn't get a clean lap together in qually, ever lap had 1 scruffy sector, so I was pleased with pole.

Had an average start, and Erik got alongside. Not a fan of weaving right after the start, so I kept my line and basically left the door open. He got ahead in T1, so I opted to stay close.
But he pulled away in the next few laps, I was unable to keep up. Then in lap 3 I saw he went for softs. Strategy was to stay within a few seconds, and wait till his tyres dropped off. But they never did  Roll Eyes.
Bit annoyed by that fact, as that means that there is no strategy involved from now on. Just slap on softs and go. Would have been nice to see softs fall off at the end, and see people on medium tyres catch up for an epic finale  Undecided.

Erik almost messed up in the last lap, but he needs to work on that. You could have messed that up a whole lot better  Wink.

I will need to work on my setup for the next race. The patch didn't really do wonders for me, or maybe it was the mediums, I don't know.

Grats anyway Erik, what gearing and wings were you on? You kept pulling away from me at corner exit (maybe again, due to the extra grip). I went for Mark's set 1 and 8/40, but I'm not sure about that. It felt racey, but I think the gaps are too big and the engine just doesn't have the torque for it.

You're way to fast if you say you messed up quali and still got it in 52s  Shocked

I did a test run on softs, a day before the race to see how they held and they did fall off after about 4 laps and gradually got down to 95%, but I could keep it going and only lost around 1s to 1.5s after that. I had an average of 56.5, but that was me alone on track and no increasing track grip, that stayed on 97%. When I run on mediums, my average was also 56.5, so I opted for the soft for the race and hope that a good start would help me get a gap, big enough to last to the end of the race.

When the race started and Jeffrey gave me the inside for turn one I was trying to get away as fast as possible. Nearly messed it up on turn 2, going over the inside kerb. Was surprised that I could stay ahead and even increase the gap to Jeffrey, with knowing his normal pace  Huh Had a slow moment when I got to SRW and had no clear point to pass, so I was happy I still had a better pace than Jeffrey to open up the gap again. That gap was surely needed when in the last lap the car didn't go to 3rd gear and I ended in the kittylitter  Angry Thankfully I was still close to the tarmac and had a straight line out (second time only where I used 2nd gear), seeing Jeffrey coming in very close and the only point I might have lost it was the chicane that came up right then.

I was on the same gear set 1-8/40, as that was the best option for me and aero 3 front 1 back. I did expect the second halve race battle (easy overtake), with the fast medium tyre drivers, but it never happened  Huh
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 01:36:43 PM +0100 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com